Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3577572 12/16/09
Mako25 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It is with heavy heart that I type these words, WI -my former home- just passsed legislation that will mandate organized labor be taught in the public schools. This is not for the teaching of the historical importance of the labor movement, rather the curriculum is the point of view of organized labor.
I've said for years the educational system needs an overhaul - nothing confirms that more than this legislation. Our political system has become so corrupt, that actually learning the three R's, has been replaced with the two C's - DNC, and RNC. This bill was payed for by the DNC and signed into law by a Democrat Governor, but the day will come when the Republicans have power and precident to implement the study of the importance of Christianity or firearmarms ownership - and they will!
I would hope there would be support for the notion that primary education should focus on things like education, and have zero tolerance for political indoctrination.

horse pisz

Last edited by Mako25; 12/16/09.
GB1

Mako25 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From the purveyor's:

AFL-CIO

Mako25 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A blurb, you decide.

Article

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I can recall fondly the few weeks we spent studiying unions from formation to present in high school (early 90's). Our teacher in his early 60's entered the class and with his booming voice declared, "For the next few weeks we're going to learn about the Mafia, otherwise known as labor unions". He had a particular disdain for the railroad and truckers unions though we never asked why.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Mako25 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wonderful, to learn history, indoctrination as this bill stands.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mako25
It is with heavy heart that I type these words, WI -my former home- ....
I can't WAIT until I can say that very same word, 'former'...

This state has gone down the drain over the last 15+ years.. I cannot stand to live here any more, but I have to wait another year to get outta here.. mad

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I support the teaching of history (both good anD bad), but this smacks of indoctrination (WHICH I OPPOSE!)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, to hell with the process already in place to make changes to the curriculum. The one where parents, teachers, school board members, and the public determine what's taught in class.
Overruled by Jim Doyle's handler in Washington.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Rednk , Cant go wrong with SD, just make sure you get over here by the national forest, lol vicsend me a PM when you get here ill show you around.

Javalina

NRA Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Milwaukee Public Schools is working on being allowed to distribute free rubbers to the kids. I do believe that WI special interest is just about out of touch with any sort of moral reality.

GOA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well though I agree this has NO place in schools, the indoctrination is on both sides.

My youngest daughter was just hired at a Target store, part of her orientation was an hour of anti-union rhetoric by Target management. Some of the points made...

By electing in a union, this will mean less wages, you will only be able to work in one dept, you will no longer be able to request days off or arrange for co-workers to cover your shifts, an hour of threats and warnings. I asked my daughter how much she was making, she replied most people there make the min wage.

She asked me why they spent so much time warning her about unions. I asked her why she thought they spent so much time warning them about unions? "They are afraid they will have to pay us more than minimum wage?"

But again, this has no place in the schools, either side of the argument.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The public schools in WI are forced to comply with the Dept. of Public Instruction regulations which for the most part are instituted for the liberal-welfare minded Madison and Milwaukee schools.

Local school boards and district level administrators don't have the balls to tell DPI to go to hell! It's all because of state aid $$. Noncompliance means less or no $$--simple as that! No wonder our schools are in such deep trouble. There is very little, if any, local control anymore.

Political power and control of $$ forces change and almost never for the better! Just look at what's going on in our DNR as yet another prime example.

Wisconsin used to be a great place to live and raise a family. Not anymore.

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Milwaukee Public Schools is working on being allowed to distribute free rubbers to the kids. I do believe that WI special interest is just about out of touch with any sort of moral reality.

That would saved some of us some cash in HS. In Milwaukee they need to give the whole damn city rubbers....we don't want any of those crazy libs down there to breed.

Last edited by tzone; 12/16/09.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Javalina
Hey Rednk , Cant go wrong with SD, just make sure you get over here by the national forest, lol vicsend me a PM when you get here ill show you around.
Cool.. I'll be one mile N of Hy 34, and only six miles east of the WY border... (drool).. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Cool.. I'll be one mile N of Hy 34, and only six miles east of the WY border... (drool).. laugh

That'll put you close to MT as well. I "escaped" WI back in '83.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your tax dollars at work. Brain washing the little ones. Making more liberals as we speak. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Mako25 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
While I don't agree with anti-union stances, I would hope you understand the difference between a private business and a publicly owned entity. It has to be expected in business -pro, or con- but has no place in publicly funded institutions.

I must admit to a grin that it is Target you mentioned. They are owned by Mark Dayton, former Democrat Senator from MN, and a champion for the "people". teehee

Last edited by Mako25; 12/16/09.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by mtmisfit

I escaped in 79 but came back in 81, what a fool was I.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mtmisfit

Very close to MT.. Mebbe 30 miles? Not more IIRC.. First parcel of land I looked at buying (540A) was about 75 miles WNW of Belle and about 5 miles S of Hy 212.. From an upper plateau I could see Devil's Tower.. But it was too much bux ($225K) and the squirrel track that passed for a road woulda made wifeypoo go ballistic.. But man, the HUNTING up around there!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Just got my prop. tax bill for hunt land in Price Co., upper central WI. 19.4% increase for local school, 3.5% for Tech. school, adjusted total increase 10.2%.

Schools need more $$$ apparently due to cost of quality indoctrination. I suppose any new curriculum is gonna cost more money, materials, admin. costs.........Wonder if the kids up north are getting free rubbers?

Tax HELL WI is bleeding me. I'm jealous of Redneck 'cause at least he can get out. I have my younger kids here I sure as heck ain't going to leave. Frickin' Diamond Jim Doyle.

GOA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 50 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,406
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.