-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear a seatbelt all the time. The so called safe drivers, seem to cause all the accidents!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How do you get the smiley face on here? I tried to put one on and it didnt work.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I cut all the seatbelts out of my vehicles and disabled the air bags. I also run with forks and shoot BB's at icicles....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Only when riding with someone else. grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Seems like we went through this just last week. And the week before that and the week.............

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Curious if any of the hot crowd wears a seatbelt while driving, and if so, why?
I do. Michigan State Law requires it and car accidents are way more common than AD in the hunting woods and fields. Both myself, my wife, and both my daughters have been in car accidents. No AD's of firearms by any family, friends, or anyone that I know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, my mistake, I thought you might actually have an adult comment for once and was giving you the benfit of the doubt. Won't make that mistake again.

Your mistake was your usual one of trying to be a smartass,but since you obviously didn't comprehend the sarcasm of my post,you missed completely on the smart part. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[quote=Sitka deer]whelenut
"If a person does not have good muzzle control then they shouldn't be carrying anything."

"Then you are suggesting almost no one should be allowed to hunt? Because it is a rare person I hunt with that exhibits anything even approaching good muzzle control."

We stress muzzle control a lot in Minnesota. that way it isn't a big deal if you do have an accidental discharge.

"So I guess someone would have to set the standards and decide who gets to hunt? My own standards are really high..."

I don't want to decide who hunts, except for who hunts with me.

"And the really huge issue is the fact I have yet to see a kid just naturally have anything like muzzle control, let alone good. So we should stop all kids from hunting until they pickup the skills remotely?"

Muzzle control doesn't come naturally, but it is still mandatory.
If the kid can't handle muzzle control then yes he should have an empty gun. But that still doesn't excuse poor muzzle control because you treat every gun as if it is loaded.

"I have shot lots of pheasants while walking with my O/U broken open, especially when behind working dogs. Not even close to big deal."

Anyhow I think unloading when climbing up a tree is a darn good idea.
whelennut grin

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Just cause some dude hunts with an empty chamber, doesnt make him necessarily safe.

You can pour gravy on your boots, but that dont make 'em bisquits.

+1 I love the Alabama wisdom

IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.