Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rnr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Being a SciFi fan, the new movie Avatar looked interesting. But after seeing the Today Show interviews etc, it seems like it's going to be nothing more than "humans suck 'cause we always kill and despoil everything and we're doing it again to a pristine alien planet".
Cameron even built that concept up in his interview.

I'm not going to validate the propaganda by seeing/renting this one. I hope if flops big time. Encouraging my friends to do the same.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tough to know how it will play.

Wall-E was supposed to be like that, but its message was more about love and redemption, than about AGW.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was another man is bad kill him off and save the planet movie! Waste of time..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BMT
Tough to know how it will play.

Wall-E was supposed to be like that, but its message was more about love and redemption, than about AGW.

BMT

I thought Wall-e was about garbage? My kids love that movie.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Eh, maybe. People make movies to make money. If catering to a "green" ideal seems like a selling point I'm sure they'll use it.

Just because something, anything, has an "environmentally friendly" aspect to it doesn't necessarily have to equate it to Al Gore getting all super serial about Manbearpig. (Apologies to those that don't know the joke) I mean, as a whole outdoorsy types (like pretty much everybody on this forum I'd expect) probably have a higher genuine appreciation for wildlife and nature than most of the nitwits riding around in the limos counting their carbon credits.

Frankly I try to be pretty green about things...doesn't mean I don't think Gore hasn't perpetrated one of the most ingenius get rich scams in history.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked at the review on-line and it sounded okay until I saw the rating:

"MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking."

OMFG! I was expecting pedophilic sodomy and graphic dismemberment of innocent puppies, I'm cool with that, but depicting smoking on screen?!

No way I'm going to see it now...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
Al Gore getting all super serial about Manbearpig.
South Park fan, eh? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're both in luck, apparently Eric shares your opinion. wink

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll wait till it's out on video and on demand. It looks to me like a remake of Dances with wolves only with terminator smurfs instead of indians.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rnr
"humans suck 'cause we always kill and despoil everything and we're doing it again to a pristine alien planet".

Maybe it's actually "Governments suck because they always kill and despoil everything and they're doing it again to a pristine alien planet." If that's the way of things, I could get behind it...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by billhilly
..It looks to me like a remake of Dances with wolves only with terminator smurfs instead of indians.

Hell, I'll pay $8 to see that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I looked at the review on-line and it sounded okay until I saw the rating:

"MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking."

OMFG! I was expecting pedophilic sodomy and graphic dismemberment of innocent puppies, I'm cool with that, but depicting smoking on screen?!

No way I'm going to see it now...

laugh

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
..It looks to me like a remake of Dances with wolves only with terminator smurfs instead of indians.

You liked DWW too?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep.

And I'm pretty curious to see what these terminator smurfs can do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae

$8??? Where can you see a movie for $8? I had to sell my wife just to buy popcorn lastime I went to a movie.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Small town livin' does have some benefits.

You're about an hour and 45 minutes NW of me.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It sounds like a sci-fi novel I read from long ago, about a planet where all the flora and fauna were hostile toward humans who automatically killed just about everthing, and were good at it. No other people were involved, just "nature." It had a decided environmental theme. Can't think of the book, but it was pretty good. There were two more books in the series, set on different planets, of course, and with different themes on how people had screwed up their civilizations. The second one had the same people, but on a planet whose natives were at war with each other, and the third was about an Earth-original civilization which had deteriorated to anarchy and deterioration. Some might like that book.

However, I can't criticize a movie I haven't seen.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You're both in luck, apparently Eric shares your opinion. wink

[Linked Image]

If Cartman says it sucks, I ain't goin'.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm with Cartman.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by husqvarna
I'm with Cartman.
Why does Cartman have gray hair?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.