Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"d actually say given the right bullet that a broadside 250 yard shot in the ribs would be gravy for the round too, but now how many times does that happen? Only elk I"ve seen standing still mostly were grazing bulls when I had cow tags...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeff, guess I'm lucky as a couple of the honey holes are rather close range,being in the 75 to 150 yards of open meadows with a small creek flowing through the middle. Always holds elk yearly without pressure. Never any trophy animals but not what I am looking for anyway.
Have a buddy that all he hunts with is a 32 winnie, always has and has killed elk and deer every damn year(sickning) and he has killed some monster elk. I wish I had a picture of his gun, also wish that gun could repeat the hunting stories.
Anyway, wish the WOA 6.8 would arrive so I can start dialing it in.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmm...and he needs a guide for turkeys and moose...Interesting. Go get those dark timber bulls with your 6.8 buddy. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Flinch
So not everyone knows how to call turkeys or where to find/how t find moose... does it make one a dumbazz because they use a guide?

I mean the guy comes up with some strange topics, but geez... you are now circumspect if you happen to hire a guide?

Jimmy

I bet that 32 is neat... I have a win in 32wcf that I kill deer and hogs with every year so its all in choosing the right bullet and then shot placement and distances... One of these years I'll find an elk in the right place too.Not for the 32wcf but for something else of course. The 6.8 isn't anything but a slower 270 and I kill deer all the time with my 6mmWOA which is a slower 243...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I look at it this way - he talks like he's been there and done that and yet he hires a guide to kill two of the dumbest animals on the planet. I could have killed several cow moose with a big rock in my lifetime and merriams turkeys... small children find them lacking in challenge. The guy is a total farce, it's not that he's hunted with a guide, it's that it doesn't appear that he's hunted any other way - if those pics are really of him and that's all he's got.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My point exactly! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummmmm.. You guys realize those pix are all of different people.

Our brooks didn't kill any of them. He's a liar and troll.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the two he posted of the cow moose and the turkeys are of the same guy - couldn't say if that is him or not but either way I'm not impressed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone who thinks we're dumb enough to believe what "brooksrange" and others like him -- Liar24 comes to mind -- spout out is clearly pretty stupid themselves. I've seen way more from br than anyone wants to, and it all varies from silly to stupid, with some insulting and sneering thrown in. He is a waste of time and attention, and clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by brooksrange
I have other rifles. The 6.8 SPC would be interesting to carry in the woods, but, there are limitations...

Mind you, many deer and elk have fallen to 110gr-117 gr bullets travelling between 2600-2800 fps...

Again, maybe someone who's been in on many elk kills can confirm that they may be effective within certain limitations.
.............Brooksrange!..............Out to 250 yards on elk with an AR platform, I wouldn`t exactly feel comfortable using a 6.8. At a 150 to 175 yards? Possible!

In terms of a minimum impact energy on elk, a better comfort zone if it were me would be 1400-1500 lbs...........Just get closer!

Since you have other and more powerful rifles as I read that you do, I`d use one of them before the 6.8...........

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really...you think this "brooksrange" guy actually owns anything? Seriously...you've read his stuff and still think there's some valid point to answering him?

Get real...

Dennis

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BROOKSRANGE DOESN'T EXIST....IT IS A TROLL ALIAS!! The pictures he posted are of three different people named Brooks that he found doing a google search. You could repeat it and find those pictures too. Rancho Loco found and posted all the links. Good work Rancho. He hasn't posted since 12/12 maybe he'll re-surface maybe not. Just as likely he will just fabricate another alais and reappear under that alais. He seems to get some perverse enjoyment out of starting contentious threads. We would all be better off ignoring his post.

The older I get the better I was.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by muledeer
Really...you think this "brooksrange" guy actually owns anything? Seriously...you've read his stuff and still think there's some valid point to answering him?

Get real...

Dennis
+1
thats why I called BS on his one posting and he basically tried calling me the troll. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chickasaw_hunter
BROOKSRANGE DOESN'T EXIST....IT IS A TROLL ALIAS!! The pictures he posted are of three different people named Brooks that he found doing a google search. You could repeat it and find those pictures too. Rancho Loco found and posted all the links. Good work Rancho. He hasn't posted since 12/12 maybe he'll re-surface maybe not. Just as likely he will just fabricate another alais and reappear under that alais. He seems to get some perverse enjoyment out of starting contentious threads. We would all be better off ignoring his post.

A thought that has crossed my mind...is that it is a group of troublemakers working together under the alias, or perhaps a set of them. Looking at pieces posted under the term "brooksrange" over the past several months there seem to be some distinctions amongst styles presented in different threads -- or even at different times in the same thread.

I'm thinking maybe some stupidboys are playing games...

Dennis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the guys that want to use the 6.8 for elk are way above us. They need to be using it for grizzly just to show their stuff.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No Tom, your wrong! He did call you a troll grin
muledeer, humm....it is something to think about.

Last edited by chickasaw_hunter; 12/16/09.

The older I get the better I was.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by chickasaw_hunter
No Tom, your wrong! He did call you a troll grin
I was trying to sugarcoat it. grin

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
No. 'Bout like shootin an Elk at 10 feet with a BB gun. Get a 270WSM.

460 SW Mag
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In spite of all the name calling and BS, no one has yet stepped up and said their favorite Elk cartridge was a 25 Remington. Since the difference between it and the 6.8 is marginal at best, why no advocates for it?

Get a 30-06 and be done with it....are you men or mice?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
why don't the moderators note his ip referenced from all his alias' and ban his azz clown existance forever? This has been a waste of 10 pages due to him, and all the other bs post/threads he has started. What an annoyance.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,934
Posts18,498,740
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.