Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
SGY Offline OP
OP Offline
S
CHRISTMAS CHARITY FOR TERRY SHOEMAKER UPDATE:
It has been less than two weeks since the request went out to raise a few dollars for one of our shooting brethren, to help him see his daughters for the Holidays and provide the funds to make it a very memorable occasion. I am very happy to inform the readers that in less than a week we have raised over $6000 dollars for Terry & his girls and the donations continue to come in. We had a small get together at the college for Terry and his fellow graduating classmates this week where we presented him with the first check of close to $6000.
I was given the honor to bestow the generosity and good will of all of you who donated to Terry and his girls. Terry was so taken by the concern for him that all have demonstrated that he was left speechless and could barely get the words �Thank you� past his lips without crying.
There was not a single dime taken out of the contributions made in Terry�s name. The entire administration at the college pitched in and made the drive a community effort. We have to date received donations from all across the country and as far as South Africa. Those who frequent these forums should be made aware that many of the advertisers also made donations and gave back to those who supported them. We have had donations of $1 to a gentleman that donated $1000 to a lady that walked in off the street and gave only knowing that a student was in need and wanted to give something worth while this Christmas.
I want to thank you all for your caring for one of my students in his darkest hour. I want to thank Toni DeAgelis for taking on one more job at the college in the administration of Terry�s charity fund and to Felix Lopez the President of Trinidad State Junior College, VP Sandy Veltri and Registrar Lynette Bates, who also gave of themselves to involve the entire college.
I could go on but I think the pictures of Terry below tell the entire story.
God bless you all and may your Christmas be brighter in the knowledge that one of our own is better off because of us.

Sincerely,
Speedy Gonzalez

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Terry Shoemaker Christmas Fund"

Toni DeAngelis

Toni.DeAngelis@trinidadstate.edu

Trinidad State Junior College

Director of Development & College Relations

Exec Director - TSJC Educational Foundation

600 Prospect St., Trinidad, CO 81082

719-846-5520/1-800-621-8752 x5520

719-846-5489 FAX

To donate online. Click the link below.

https://olg.campusnet.net/OnLineGiv...1PS9LTLYR8IWwQ4JbLkU5kPerQ%3d%3d&fg=

Last edited by SGY; 12/19/09.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Speedy

WELL DONE!!

Thanks for the hard work.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 53 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,578
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.