Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Why does Zeiss offer a $100. Chrismas rebate to US customs but not to Canadians. If you say "Eh" please bend over. BTW the Canadian dollar is almost parr............either way they could offer a 100. dollar Canadian rebate.
I will never buy another Zeiss product..............

Moved post to Canada

Last edited by tangozulu; 12/11/09.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ah maybe because you aren't in America! Maybe because it's Zeiss America offering the rebate and not Zeiss Canada? Maybe there's a higher import duty to ship them into Canada, who knows? Or maybe they just don't like Canadians! If they offered it only in Canada would you still be whining?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Lt's most likley because the WHOLE WORLD knows you Canadians are FAR too polite to impose on anyone for a discount on a product...

So,you laid back schmucks are asked to pay full price..

God save the Queen.... grin

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why don't you call Zeiss and ask them this question because they could give you a better answer than anyone on this forum. My answer to this question is, Zeiss has a larger and better customer base in the US than they do in Canada

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, those are the breaks, you can get Sako's in chamberings ie 9.3 x62 that while they will not even ship those to the states. Gee's a 100 dollars be it Canadian or US, what is that a take full of diesel for a pick up truck? Look sales are off in the states and they are just trying to move some product. Gee's what is wrong in your life to get you so upset over something that dose not mean a whole lot, I had a propane tank walk away yesterday, so I could not make myself a hot cup of tea, I a less angry about that than you seem to be about a rebate on a sight that you may or may not be in the market for.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B2

D
D
While $100 off (or lack of) wouldn't sway my decision to buy (or not buy) from Zeiss. It is a little misleading to be called Carl Zeiss, Inc. North America and not offer the same discounts to US and Canadian customers. The last time I checked both the United States and Canada are part of North America.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I've simply decided to keep my 35 year old 6 by 20's Zeiss and newer Nicons. They obviously don't need or want my money anyways. I will save till I can afford buy some Swaros.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Boo-f'n-hoo

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by reelman
Ah maybe because you aren't in America! Maybe because it's Zeiss America offering the rebate and not Zeiss Canada? Maybe there's a higher import duty to ship them into Canada, who knows? Or maybe they just don't like Canadians! If they offered it only in Canada would you still be whining?

The binos have a higher Suggested Retail Price already north of the border. This would already take any higher import duties etc into consideration.
Would I be wining if Canadians got the rebate but not Americans? Absolutely NOT........but you should be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably both the failure by Zeiss to offer the $100 Christmas rebate in Canada and the higher prices asked by Zeiss in Canada result from the inability of some overpaid Zeiss North America executive to understand Dollar/Loony/D'mark fluctuations and common sense marketing. As good a reason as any to go with Swaro or S+B over Zeiss.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Swaro's are worth waiting for though I feel they almost constitute cheating when hunting.
Who are S+B?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Schmidt&Bender

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
thanks..........doin some research

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well, I don't know why Zeiss didn't give the discount up north but I believe enough people have given reasonable suggestions as to why not. Thing is, while the almighty buck always rules the decision, Ziess bins are very hard to beat at any price. Once you experience them like I have, you'll see why a $100 is a pretty trivial reason to pass on them.

The part that gets me is the snarky comments from a few of our American neighbors. Remember guys, we all share a passion for guns and hunting. The country you live should not be the basis for insults. I have read that some Americans wonder why they get the negative label they often run into. Well public insults to one of the best friends you'll ever have is not the way to make friends and influence people.

Just for the record, I am getting tired of having my country insulted for things like 9/11, the cost of bread, the weather, the dollar, your lost job and/or whatever else some feel the need to blame on Canada. We did not do it or cause it. Yes, we did burn the White House in 1812 and kicked you butts while doing so (the White House was brown back then) but that is old news that most Americans don't get taught in school. So "can" the blame comments please...it is getting a bit overdone.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
While Canada is agreat friend to the US and the White house burning is old news, so is the French and Indian wars as well as a little thing called the American revolution where someone else got their butts kicked....BOTH TIMES!!!!!! Sorry, just couldn't resist stirring the fire a little!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.