I am going to mention this here in the hopes that someone who is more experienced than I with more access to new custom barrels might want to spend a few bucks to try it.<P>To start with, neither I nor the guy I picked this up from is selling or has anything to gain from this product.<P>This was a very brief comment from a successful benchrest shooter in the Benchrest Centerfire forum that I picked up on, emailed him to get the source and got some of this stuff.<P>Briefly, he states that this Colloidal graphite suspension seems to greatly reduce barrel break in time and future copper build up problems. I ordered some from the guy selling it---yeah, I know, born every minute--and I now have in hand, 2 small bottles, one of oil and one of the aforementioned suspension for a total of $27 inc shipping.<P>For experimental purposes could probably get by with the suspension for $12 plus shipping.<P>I do not have the guys permission to forward his emails but I feel I could get it. If anyone is interested, contact me at Sixtlghornaol.com and I can expand on this hopefully by sending you the relevant e mail. This is not a scam, I don't even know either of these people. But it sounds believable to me, one of the components of powder and barrel fouling is graphite.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq