Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 806 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 805 806
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The stocks on the early 7.62x51mm Model 700 rifles supplied to the military for training, match shooting, and combat use in Vietnam, employed a walnut stock of the same design, weight, length of pull, pitch, drop at heel, drop and comb, aluminum buttplate, and grip as the Bishop stock on those 1903A3 Springfield .30-06 rifles of the same era.

THAT IS BULLSHIT.

Beside being STUPID you are BLIND.

Like I said in my first post here- that EC Bishop stock is NOTHING like the early Remignton made m40 stocks. Period.

The only thing they have in common is they are right handed monte carlos.

You truly are ONE STUPID MF'er. And a Lying POS to boot.

Last edited by jim62; 12/21/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Lee24
ChrisF, you sound insecure.

With all that alleged experience, none of them contradicted any of the facts I posted. It was all childish, "It ain't so", personal insults, and conjecture to convince yourself that I couldn't possibly be right, even though I can cite official sources for all of it.

Merely shooting a rifle, or handling a rifle, does not suddenly make you knowledgeable about the history of how they evolved. That is obvious from your posts. My wife is a good driver, but she knows better than to argue with automotive engineers who worked on her car. You need to learn that.

Intelligent people, when confronted with new facts in a subject that interests them, are motivated to research and learn more. The less intelligent merely become defensive and sullen. I hope you are motivated to learn more about your hobby.

Oh yeah, but I contradicted your posts.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"Intelligent people, when confronted with new facts in a subject that interests them, are motivated to research and learn more. The less intelligent merely become defensive and sullen. I hope you are motivated to learn more about your hobby. '

Yeah, Liar24, and folks SMARTER THAN YOU call you on you LIES and BULLSCHIT.

Nothing defensive about it. They don't like a lying ,arrogant POS like YOU taking up space here.

Last edited by jim62; 12/21/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Why are you so angry and frustrated over new facts put in front of you? If that upsets you, don't read it. Certainly don't fly into a childish fit or insults and name-calling.

I feel sorry for some of you that are so ignorant that you think you "contradicted" my posts with your inaccurate web rumors.

I back up all my direct experience with references to military part numbers, NSN numbers, official documents, and military officers and historians.

Some of you seem to think that the more I substantiate a fact, the less "believable" it becomes to you. I don't operate on beliefs, but on reality. When I state my opinion or some expert's opinions, I let it be known that it is opinion, for those of you who struggle with the differences among undisputable facts, expert opinion, and your beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife is a good driver, but she knows better than to argue with automotive engineers who worked on her car.

my wife aint a mechanic but ive watched her school mechanics that were supposed to know what they were doing....had them tell us for 4 months the transmission wasnt going out on our truck....my wife said it was, they thought she was a stupid girl that didnt know what the [bleep] she was talking about....shoulda seen the look on their faces when she insisted they take the transmission off and look and broken parts started falling off the transmission they kept telling her was perfectly fine....they dont argue with her anymore

Lee you have argued with me over how i run my papers, you have argued with all kinds of others over how they do their job and on details they deal with day to day....in every case you have been schooled and sit and pout and whine that we are idiots.....now your arguing with ppl who been there done that on sniper rifles when you claim you know better cause you read it somewhere....Lee your a [bleep] moron but apparently you are the only one that cant see it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
jim62,

What's your "theory" or "belief" on why the early 1966 Remington 700s supplied to the military for Vietnam sniper use have the same stock design as the Bishop stocks on the military 1903A3 Springfield rifles of the same era?

Coincidence?

I am dying to hear the explanation from someone like yourself, who was totally unaware of the stocks similarities until I posted the photos. But I know how quickly you web jockeys become experts on everything you hate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But I know how quickly you web jockeys become experts on everything you hate.

Pot ....... kettle?

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
rattler,
I never argued with you about how you run your papers. I don't know anything about your business, and you know nothing about mine.

I did explain the law of libel to you, as I remember it from making an 'A' in Torts in law school. But your misunderstanding of that subject has no bearing on your misunderstanding of this subject, nor of automotive engineering. Please refrain from clogging up the thread with your wounded ego.

I am not arguing with anyone. I am discussing this topic with those who actually have some direct knowledge or are interested, correcting those who have misunderstandings and maybe a some limited experience, and dismissing the trolls like yourself who only bring insults and bunk to the hijack the discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
do seem to remember you telling me ive got some sort of stash of cash to fight said libel lawsuits.....would really like to know where that money is cause i could really use a new 10x14 press....you told me in bout 5 separate posts that ive got this lump of cash somewhere and ill be damned if i can find it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I did explain the law of libel to you, as I remember it from making an 'A' in Torts in law school.

Fascinating.

I did not learn much about libel in torts. One lecture on Libel, one lecture on slander.

Constitutional law -- and the interaction of these torts with the First Amendment -- is where the "meat" was.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BMT

Fascinating.

I did not learn much about libel in torts....

BMT

Doooood...you might as well try explain Quantum Physics to a goldfish...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Laffin'

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did explain the law of libel to you, as I remember it from making an 'A' in Torts in law school.

My buddy got an "A" in English, but he was doing the teacher. "He don't write it good, no how."

I waited till after I got my grades before I started hitting on the faculty. Out of respect for the educational system.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Laffin more . . . .

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE

I waited till after I got my grades before I started hitting on the faculty. Out of respect for the educational system.

Me Too!!! laugh

I knew this Graduate Student/Teacher who could....oops...that might hafta wait for another forum/thread........ whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by RWE

My buddy got an "A" in English, but he was doing the teacher. "He don't write it good, no how."

the ucla graduate TA's referred to it as 'an A for a lay'......

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
wait for it.........

we may start hearing what a great stud he is, too!!

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lee24 is reputed to have done the "Wobbly H" with Thomas Noguchi and Marilyn Monroe. . . . . . . . .

BMT

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT
Lee24 is reputed to have done the "Wobbly H" with Thomas Noguchi and Marilyn Monroe. . . . . . . . .

BMT

August 6, 1962

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
You will have to wait for lee to come back in a bit. He is out doing his iron man work out and 100 dumbell rows to loosen up for his next marathon google secession.

Seriously Rick has to be in on this to let it continue to 50 pages of crap everytime he starts a post. I believe CAS said it best years ago. "Lee is there anything your not an expert on?"

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Page 10 of 806 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,719 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.