-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 806 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 805 806
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You might want to stay away, because the next set of photos I take and post will be painful to you.

Don't worry, rgrx1276, I am going to post photos of real XM-21s, M-21s, and my M-21, later this weekend.

The weekend's passed and still no photo's. I'd sure like to see them.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Chris,

He has not been able to find any on Google that match his "story" yet..

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ChrisF
My 1903A3, which I posted to show the same Bishop stock worn by the initial Remington 700s of the Vietnam ( and the .30-06 match rifles used stateside), was "restocked" (from 1903A4 sniper stock). I don't need to use Google, but if you want to believe the postings of some wannabe who was not even born in the 1960s, vs the direct knowledge of myself, go ahead. I can often use Google, NEXIS, or some photo service on the Internet to point you to the original words of others.

EC Bishop stocks were used on 1903A3 Springfield rifles used in competition and training by the US Army and the USMC. I posted a photo of one of them, which I now own. It orginally had an M84 telescopic sight mounted on it, in a Redfield base and ring set.

Let me understand this correctly. That Springfield on the first first page was an A3 that was stocked as an A4 AND scoped with an M84, which was then restocked with a Bishop Sporter stock?

That Bishop stock looks like any number of Monte Carlo stocks that were being produced back in the 1960's. The standard Remington Monte Carlo stocks are a closer match to the M40 pattern (sans checkering, grip and fore end caps, and shiny finish).
[Linked Image]

Chris, you are exactly right. And anyone who has actually examined and handled an early m40 and 1960s BDL/ADL rifles knows that..Or, a person with reasoanably good eyesight could even see it from pics..

But in the "Bizzaro world" of the blind, brazzen liars like Lee24-these two stocks are IDENTICAL.. Just like Black and White are the same color..

Lee's POS Bishop stock made for iron sights
[Linked Image]

An origional m40 stock

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jim62; 12/22/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Wow those are identical in every way, well at least they both appear to be made of walnut so of course they are identical.

And he is all pissy with me because I brought up a kettlebell but a few weeks ago he did not know what they were but Im sure he is now an expert on them as well as other unconventional workouts.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
And Im still waiting for the AMU team photos...

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
well you know good and well there would be team photos as you've said.
Heck wife and I have team photos of every state team/local team we ever shot on.... and would damn sure have em if on AMU...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lee

What ranges did you fire on at Ft Benning?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
jim62, you are down to just making bunk up. You know nothing about this subject.

My 1903A3 with the Bishop stock belonged to the USMC, and is not drilled an tapped for iron sights. The comb is too high for the stardard military iron sights. It is drilled and tapped for a one-piece Redfield base and ring set, and had an M84 scope sight mounted on it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Were you given any provenance that this rifle came from the USMC? It looks like any other sporterized Springfield of a past era, and if it were sold, would probably be priced as such without documentation.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Lee24
jim62, you are down to just making bunk up. You know nothing about this subject.

My 1903A3 with the Bishop stock belonged to the USMC, and is not drilled an tapped for iron sights. The comb is too high for the stardard military iron sights. It is drilled and tapped for a one-piece Redfield base and ring set, and had an M84 scope sight mounted on it.

Coming from a KNOWN Liar such as yourself.. gee ,that really hurts my feelings. grin

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
awe crap, i've reached the end.

Damn it!!

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
come back in a few hours there will be more.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
happy birthday, HW

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Another HBD HW!!

ND...you/we need to be stingy with our creativity...and think of something for Tom264's absence...... whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
thanks guys.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
crap, thats what that crazy cake means..... some days I know why I didn't learn computers....

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 1flier

Lee, may I ask what your age is?

I'm not sure anyone knows. I'm guessing though, that Lee and God were childhood buddies. Lee would give tips and pointers to little God and they would play games together. No matter how many points Lee would spot God, God always came in second. Frustrating times for God.

1flier

Poor God, having to stand in the shadow of the "Great One".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gentlemen Liar24 obviously has some serious mental health issues by any measure. Anybody who has been caught so many times lying by so many people has the reputation of a Village Idiot, obviously ZERO self-respect, yet keeps coming back for more, has GOT to be three fries short of a Happy Meal.
On the other hand if his posts are crafted to incite this level of trolling then he is a sociopath. Somebody needs to find where this guy lives and notify either his family or the nut-house where he resides to him some help. Until then we'll continue launching insults at his pathetic internet persona. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Were you given any provenance that this rifle came from the USMC? It looks like any other sporterized Springfield of a past era, and if it were sold, would probably be priced as such without documentation.

it is obviously just that....a plain jane sporterized Springfield, but in the fertile imagination of Our Lee it becomes a gin-you-wine USMC sniper rifle. That's how his life works....

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Well as entertaining as it is I hope lee is at least using all of these desinigrating threads as the basis of a self help book or a good novel. His ability to throw out a red flag and disappear like it never happened is amazing. I truely believe he thinks he has the jedi mind trick mastered.

"ChrisF you are seeing an original rifle from the USMC, do not defy the power of the dark side".

Also, I admit ingnorance on it but with the inservice rivalry of USMC and the army is it a little odd that an army guy would know so much about or collect USMC equipment? If I was on the AMU Im sure I would probably have a matching copy of my issued/competition rifle stashed away someplace. Heck I think I even have a picture of me merely setting steel at a local match, let alone some evidence of being one of the better shooters in the land. smile

Page 13 of 806 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.