Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 806 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 805 806
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I just refuse to believe anyone as smart as Lee would have to be, to know as much as he knows, would be here arguing on the internet instead of building nuclear reactors.

It's just that he has designed/engineered/built/supervised the construction of so many of them, that he now delegates those sorts of menial tasks to his flock of understudies.

GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by heavywalker
thanks guys.

Happy Birthday dude!

And don't be afraid, Lee24 invented birthdays . . . . grin

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I understand he helped the Russians with Cheyrnoble nuclear reactor!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
Kettlebells...hmmm..tempting threadjack.
They have made a comeback in the last few years.
Don't need as many different weights of them as you do dumbells to get a good, and different workout. Worked for George Hackenschmidt and Eugene Sandow, but they had genes going for them, too.

"Still not convinced? Let me throw a little proof at you in the form of a couple of classic physiques that the vast majority of the population would gladly trade for if they could, George Hackenschmidt and Eugene Sandow, both built using kettlebells and a lot of hard work"

The quote I provided is from a google hit for kettlebells, an exercise circuit called "Kettlebell fat loss unleased". Weird how Lee managed to mention the two best known names and the advantages they provide, pretty impressive google-fu Lee, I think you might be a match for my six year old. Even better that the master of the threadjack would toss that back onto me. I just did not want to repollute the thread in the backpacking section.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
From Senich:
The walnut stock, a sporter-type with an integral cheek rest (Monte Carlo style with cheekpiece), was described by Remington as a "ADL type for 5-round BDL-type magazine, no fore end tip or grip cap, 13-3/8 inch length of pull (factory standard), no checkering, non-detachable swivels, oil finish"

Lee24, since you've posted after I've shared the above, and haven't commented, I'll assume that you're accepting that your "theory" that Bishop stocks was the source of the M40 pattern stock as very likely wrong. I'll point out the obvious differences if you promise not to pout.

Last edited by ChrisF; 12/23/09.
IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
No Chris that is just what he does. He will scream and cry that what he presents are the facts and as soon as someone drops something contrary right in his lap he will ignore it and either leave the thread of complain that nobody else on the planet has the correct information but him.

Notice how he got all wound up on kettlebell without ever addressing the issue of the photos he was going to post last weekend, the issue of what ranges he shot at Ft. Benning or photos of him being associated to the AMU? It is his typical cut and run strategy. Look for him to just pop up on another thread and pretend this one never existed.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Why don't you post a photo of a 1999 military Model 700 with a plastic McMillan stock, as more of your demented "proof" that the Vietnam era M700 sniper rifles in 7.62x51mm did not evolve from the 1903A3 rifles with commercial heavy walnut target stocks, and from the Model 700 ADL sporter rifles in .30-06 and .308 being used in the mid 1960s in Vietnam?

By the way, I have owned kettlebells since 1970.

I don't doubt that any search engine looking for "kettlebells" would find them associated with the old time strong men who used them. I think Hackenschmidt even wrote a book on kettlebell exercises. Maher, too. Anyone who lifted much serious weight prior to the 1970s would know who Hackenschmidt, Sandow, Arnold Strong, Maher and others were. You youngsters and couch potatoes have to read up on the Internet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lee24 - the gift (lie) that keeps on giving (lying)..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
and were off again. yes!!!!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Why don't you post some photo's of all the things you've promised to supposedly back up your assertions?
You might want to stay away, because the next set of photos I take and post will be painful to you.

Don't worry, rgrx1276, I am going to post photos of real XM-21s, M-21s, and my M-21, later this weekend.

...guess what? it's 3 days post weekend and all we've got is another empty claim.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the Difference Between a Pathological, a Compulsive, a Chronic, and a Habitual Liar?
Pathological Liar

A pathological liar is usually defined as someone who lies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder. A pathological liar is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Pathological liars have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. A pathological liar often comes across as being manipulative, cunning and self-centered.

Compulsive Liar

A compulsive liar is defined as someone who lies out of habit. Lying is their normal and reflexive way of responding to questions. Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small. For a compulsive liar, telling the truth is very awkward and uncomfortable while lying feels right. Compulsive lying is usually thought to develop in early childhood, due to being placed in an environment where lying was necessary. For the most part, compulsive liars are not overly manipulative and cunning (see, Pathological Liar), rather they simply lie out of habit - an automatic response which is hard to break and one that takes its toll on a relationship (see, how to cope with a compulsive liar).

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/confront_a_liar/public/pathological-compulsive.html

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
...did not evolve from the 1903A3 rifles with commercial heavy walnut target stocks, and from the Model 700 ADL sporter rifles in .30-06 and .308 being used in the mid 1960s in Vietnam?

so are you now agreeing with us that the M40 was just a product extension by Remington of the M700 ADL/BDL stock pattern?

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I'll get around to it when I feel like it, kid.
I am not posting them for punks, anyway, just for those with a serious interest.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I am not posting them for punks, anyway, just for those with a serious interest.

TFF.

Dooooood.

Grow a set of balls, will ya?

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lee I have a serious interest will you PM me the photos I would really like to learn something about the subject at hand.

Thanks.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Why don't you post a photo of a 1999 military Model 700 with a plastic McMillan stock, as more of your demented "proof" that the Vietnam era M700 sniper rifles in 7.62x51mm did not evolve from the 1903A3 rifles with commercial heavy walnut target stocks, and from the Model 700 ADL sporter rifles in .30-06 and .308 being used in the mid 1960s in Vietnam?

fluff,

why don't you post a photo of your south carolina .375h&h?? or answer questions re your amu experience??? hmmmmm??

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

From 12/23/09:

From 12/20/09:
Intelligent people, when confronted with new facts in a subject that interests them, are motivated to research and learn more. The less intelligent merely become defensive and sullen.

Last edited by ChrisF; 12/23/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Touch 'em all!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Dude You just don't have a clue who you keep messing with do ya? Must be fun though....

Chris- Mele Kalikimaka! From Jeff and Carolyn!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
ChrisF, you haven't posted any of substance for anyone to "agree with", so stop the childish rhetorical games. If you want to post something you really think is real history, go ahead and maybe it will be worthy of discussion... maybe not.

This is my thread, and I should be keeping it on track by not responding to disrupters.

Page 14 of 806 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.