Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Pugs
You guys do realize that Interpol doesn't have a "police force" proper don't you? It's a coordinator and clearing house for information on international crime across borders.

Spoil sport! grin grin

Does make you wonder why they need diplomatic status though?

Many international activities (government-to-government) are covered by diplomatic immunity (DI). Living in the Washington (or New York) area exposes you to a number of run-ins with it. DI is a two edged sword.

I once had an auto accident in which a diplomat side-swiped my car; he drove off and I was told by the police there was nothing they could do (1960's). This is why most carry uninsured motorist insurance.

A woman was struck and killed on Connecticut Avenue by a drunken Ukrainian diplomat (early 1990's). He was recalled to the Ukraine, but in an effort to appease the US, his diplomatic immunity was stripped and he was returned to the US for trial.

The son of the Irish Ambassador killed a pedestrian in Washington while drunk (1980's). He told the police that he was going to drive home and they could not stop him. So they put cruisers on all sides of him as he drove so that he could not speed or cross the lines. He got back to the chancery and quickly left the country. All the police cars suffered damage from his weaving.

Such is living in a diplomatic community. But then, US diplomats are protected when they operate in foreign countries.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plain and simple police officer don't need diplomatic immunity.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grouseman YOU say oBAMa is pushing and pushing and pushing
IS THAT NOT EXACTLY WHAT hitler DID IN THE 30s and most people sat back and said he won't go any farther. yes people are behind him pushing guiding ..
Will interpol become MCarthyism
Will they or oBAMa interfear with nov2010 elections with some kind of executive order,martial law ,or whatever cronies can come up with,pushing ,pushing,pushing.
WHAT or WHO is his timeline???????????????????????????????????

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PUGS you forget that the UN has afew hundred thousand jack booted thugs and will use them when the time comes.
I see the US going to hell in a hand basket carried by a man that is supossed to protect in as commander in chief ...WHAT DO YOU SEE.?????

Last edited by norm99; 12/23/09.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A bunch of puzzy azz blue helmets walking our streets might be the final straw.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by norm99
PUGS you forget that the UN has afew hundred thousand jack booted thugs and will use them when the time comes.
I see the US going to hell in a hand basket carried by a man that is supossed to protect in as commander in chief ...WHAT DO YOU SEE.?????

Interpol was around long before the UN. To the best of my knowledge Interpol is a criminal intelligence organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol

http://www.interpol.int/

I posted these links earlier but I guess nobody click on them.

I didn't look the site over with a fine tooth comb but I don't see anything there that would suggest they are going to go romping and stomping through neighborhoods.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DD it may not be there now ,but the world is changing very quickly ,,keep your eyes open and your mind clear.IF oBAMa can sell the US down the river in one or two years ,what can happen in the world,
north korea
iran
china
russia?
there is more change
knowledge
in last 50 years than ever before.most of its good .. frown

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regardless of what INTERPOL is NOW, he's opened the door for them. Does anybody know what plans the 'one world government' group have for INTERPOL in the future?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grouseman
Regardless of what INTERPOL is NOW, he's opened the door for them. Does anybody know what plans the 'one world government' group have for INTERPOL in the future?

Exactly. Get the protection and immunity now. They can worry about staffing later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From The Law Encyclopedia -
Each member nation maintains and staffs its own national central bureau. In the United States, the bureau is located in Washington, D.C. The U.S. bureau is under the direction and control of the Departments of Justice and of the Treasury, and is staffed by personnel from those departments.

Those staff members now have diplomatic immunity.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I fowarded this out and around, to my Compadres. One sent back these perspicacious observations, so take heart:

"This allows the Executive Branch to assume increased powers of surveillance against its own Citizens (subjects) without any messy interference from domestic courts. The power is now transferable to the United Nations to conduct the same actions in the US and its territories. Who is going to prosecute the evidence however, an international court? And how are you going to get me into one without violating my other rights? That means, a corrupt human rights investigator out of Mexico City can wiretap your phone as long as he is sharing the data with INTERPOL. But how is that investigator going to write an order for arrest? How sweet this EO is to the ears of those who want to control the domestic populace even more. But prosecution of the evidence is a big problem that is not addressed in the EO. The flip side is that we still have the right to kill, maim and arrest any transgressors should we catch them on our real estate doing the things any common criminal may be doing. Is the risk of being killed by an irate, legal gun owner worth it to a foreign cop, especially an INTERPOL investigator? I doubt it but the GOLDEN RULE is: DEFEND your BILL OF RIGHTS TO THE DEATH, especially the 2nd one! "

.....nice piece of text, .....what?

This was my response:

"I'm reasonably sure that this EO ties in some way to the commissioning of that 5 story bunker complex just outside of Mex. city late last month. Apparently some sorta' "Hub", for centralization of data off of Law Enforcement Com. Links.....In a word,....OURS ! Some BS agreement hatched out by Janet from another Planet, and her cronies, in the spirit of "Sharing" .

This does indeed mean that a "Backround check" on any one of us can be run by foriegn criminal organizations ( for the record, I don't recognize the Mex. Feds as legitimate "Authorities")

Reminds me of when McCaffery handed everything over to Rebollos, in the Early mid 90's.

How STUPID an idea was that ?!

Oh well, ....."executive orders" would seem to be among those the most easily reversed / disobeyed.

Many will do so."

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More, an EXCELLENT piece of editorial work, IMHO,
from those fine folks at Family Security Matters

GTC

Link: http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.5096/pub_detail.asp

December 24, 2009
Exclusive: Interpol Given Immunity in U.S. � Why?

Pam Meister

There are a lot of things going on in Washington during these last days of 2009 � the health care �reform� debate being chief among them. And, of course, most Americans are counting down the final hours until Christmas, along with the usual hubbub that accompanies the biggest holiday of the year.

Underneath it all, a White House executive order was signed that gives Interpol complete immunity from American law � something not even our own law enforcement officials receive, nor should they � everyone should be answerable to the law.

If you don�t read British crime novels like I do, you may not know what Interpol is. Interpol is the International Criminal Police Organization, which was first established in 1923. It operates in 188 nations around the world � and has had limited privileges in the U.S. up until now. Andy McCarthy explains further:

By executive order 12425, issued in 1983, President Reagan recognized Interpol as an international organization and gave it some of the privileges and immunities customarily extended to foreign diplomats. Interpol, however, is also an active law-enforcement agency, so critical privileges and immunities (set forth in Section 2(c) of the International Organizations Immunities Act) were withheld. Specifically, Interpol's property and assets remained subject to search and seizure, and its archived records remained subject to public scrutiny under provisions like the Freedom of Information Act. Being constrained by the Fourth Amendment, FOIA, and other limitations of the Constitution and federal law that protect the liberty and privacy of Americans is what prevents law-enforcement and its controlling government authority from becoming tyrannical.

Interpol investigates international crimes like human trafficking and smuggling, which on the face of it is a good thing. But they also work closely with international tribunals like the International Criminal Court. Up until now, the United States has refused to join the ICC due to the provisions that would cause us to surrender much of our sovereignty. If other countries don�t mind giving up large portions of their sovereignty, that�s their business.

Brett D. Schaefer of the Heritage Foundation wrote back in 2005:

U.S. policy toward the ICC has been clear and consistent: The U.S. opposes the ICC because it is an international legal body that lacks prudent safe�guards against political manipulation, possesses sweeping authority without accountability to the Security Council, and violates national sovereignty by claiming jurisdiction over the nationals and military personnel of non-party states.

It�s no secret that current top White House officials
are in favor of our joining up with the ICC, including the State Department�s legal advisor Harold Koh, who has said that �domestic courts must play a key role in coordinating U.S. domestic constitutional rules with rules of foreign and international law.� In other words, the U.S. Constitution, the foundation of the laws of this nation, must take a back seat to international law. This is exactly what globalists want.

(Koh also, by the way, believes that in certain �appropriate� cases, Sharia law has a place in the United States.)

John Fonte of the Hudson Institute elaborates on the threat to American sovereignty posed by �transnational legal process� advocates:

Of course, the "transnational legal process," advocated by Koh (and others in the governing center-left) is a process outside of American constitutional democracy. The American people have a Constitution, judicial institutions, and a democratic political system. Transnational "interactions" (such as appealing to foreign courts) are not part of the institutional authority and accountability inherent in the meaning of the phrase: "We the People of the United States." Koh's "interactions" are something "outside" of the "People of the United States" and "beyond" the Constitution and our democratic process. Therefore, they could be characterized as extra-constitutional, post-constitutional, or post-democratic. In effect, they seek to achieve results that could not necessarily be achieved through the regular process of American democracy. This clearly raises the core "regime" questions of what constitutes legitimate political authority and who is responsible to whom in a democratic state.

By the by, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave the barest of hints back in August that the U.S. just might join the ICC:

The US is at present not only not a member but government officials are theoretically banned from any engagement with the ICC whatsoever. An administration official predicted there will be increased US cooperation with the ICC but cautioned against expecting early entry.

Clinton, speaking at a public meeting in Kenya, the first leg of an African tour, indicated she hoped this would come sooner rather than later: "This is a great regret that we are not a signatory. I think we could have worked out some of the challenges that are raised concerning our membership. But that has not yet come to pass."

So what does this all have to do with the new Interpol immunity? Steve Schippert at Threats Watch writes:

In light of what we know and can observe, it is our logical conclusion that [the] Executive Order amending President Ronald Reagans' 1983 EO 12425 and placing INTERPOL above the United States Constitution and beyond the legal reach of our own top law enforcement is a precursor to more damaging moves.

The White House would like to see17 treaties ratified, including UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, the feminist Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), the unverifiable Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, and the gun rights-destroying Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials.

All of these treaties would severely undermine American sovereignty. Is the Interpol immunity order a step in that direction? �Why,� Andy McCarthy asks, �is it suddenly necessary to have, within the Justice Department, a repository for stashing government files which, therefore, will be beyond the ability of Congress, American law-enforcement, the media, and the American people to scrutinize?�

Why, indeed?

Pam Meister is the editor for FamilySecurityMatters.org.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by denton
article here

Obama just threw open the doors for non-US police to operate freely in the US. They essentially have diplomatic immunity, and so can do pretty much anything they want without fear of consequences.

There will possibly be some consequences that will have to be feared in some neighborhoods. I know a few natives that still have the old, "It is a good day to die" attitude.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is what happens to the national soul with treaties and loans.

You got to love those Federalists especially the Federalist financial wizard Hamilton.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by denton
article here

Obama just threw open the doors for non-US police to operate freely in the US. They essentially have diplomatic immunity, and so can do pretty much anything they want without fear of consequences.
Amazing! Well, they may not fear legal consequences, but that will be little comfort to their families attending their funerals.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by grouseman
So, is this the type of thing which triggers a revolution?
Yes.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One wonders why this isn't blaring on all the national headlines.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Well here's some info FWIW. We have been heading this way since the Spanish/American War. Obama is pushing the limits to see what he can get away with. If we want to take this country back we will have to be willing to die for it. Force is the only thing left. There is no other option.

Federalism is a failure and it's time to accept that. What we need if we want a national government is a confederation. And even that probably won't work over time. Probably the best idea is anarchy.

http://www.interpol.int/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol
Unfortunately, you lose all credibility when you blame federalism, of all things, for this. It's the departure from constitutional federalism (i.e., division of power between a limited national government and the sovereign states) that's the problem. There are two alternatives to federalism, 1) 100% consolidated and centralized national government, or 2) each state goes its separate way and dissolves the national government. Which of those two would be a better choice. As it stands, we've been on the way towards number one since the 1860s, and are nearly all the way there now. That's the problem, not federalism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
One wonders why this isn't blaring on all the national headlines.

Indeed,

seems to be something of a Non-Event

GTC

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
First Federalism destroyed the states. Now it appears Federalism will destroy the nation as well.
Correctly stated, "First the forces of consolidated national government destroyed constitutional federalism. Now it appears the forces of consolidated national government will destroy the nation as well."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,388 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.