Thought I would post this here as well as in handguns.<P>Has anyone had a revolver �Taylor Throated�? This is where about a 1 or 2 caliber freebore is put into the forcing cone. What were your experiences? Good, bad, not worth the trouble? I�ve read some good things on it. But I was wondering why, if it causes such a great accuracy improvement, it is not mentioned more often.<P>Also, has anyone had any dealings with Alpha Precision? <A HREF="http://www.alphaprecisioninc.com" TARGET=_blank>www.alphaprecisioninc.com</A> <BR>They offer the Taylor throating and cylinder throat sizing for a fairly reasonable price. At least I think it is reasonable, there doesn�t seem to be many other companies offering this service.<P>I have a new Ruger Bisley with tight throats and the usual constriction where the barrel meets the frame. I�ve fire lapped about 6 Ruger revolvers with LBT lapping compound and sanded the throats out with varying results. Some great, some indifferent, and I ruined a nice .357 when I was first trying this. So, I figured instead of applying my usual shade tree gunsmithing to this nice Bisley I might send it off to a professional, but wanted to check around before spending my hard earned cash.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!