-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Posted this on the Campfire, but it belongs here too....

There was a front-page article in the Sunday rag this morning about the spread of concealed-carry legislation (with a generally anti slant of course) that prominently reference this website, quoting their stats verbatim.

Ain't gonna even attempt to defend some of these incidents, but note that the same incident will be referenced across several "categories" to inflate the numbers.

Also note that most of the incidents posted had little to do with concealed-carry incidents per se, just that the perpetrator had a carry permit.

Also note a few cases still pending or even resolved, where the shooting was labelled legally justified.

I predict we're gonna see this site and its accumulating tally of slanted stats widely quoted in the future....

Concealed Carry Killers

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
They are pretty late to the party. I've seen lots of articles by news people that keep trying to tell us that owning or trying to use a handgun in self defense is a bad idea.
The general public has alot more sense. In spite of all the nonsense about this idea, they realize that if push comes to shove, it can well be the only thing that will give them a fighting chance.
The examples I saw of using a handgun for self defense as a big city street cop here in Kalifornia were alot more common than many would think. As the NRA has asserted, most of the time the mere display of one and the owner's willingness to use it, would stop the bad guys. At other times, the gun owner did have to fire. Sometimes they would miss, but even that would work.
When it would go bad, it was often the owner's lack of proper safety procedures, or allowing the bad guy to take his gun away from him w/o shooting him, that caused that. E

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you ask me "displaying one" without shooting it, you might as well tie a big red bow on it and give it to the bad guy and say Merry Christmas. As a civilian I am keeping mine holstered unless I have reason to shoot. I am not going to display until the shooting starts.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did not read all the info, but they have pretty much merged every law abiding gun owner, and US citizen into the category of CRIMINALY insane... Or just a darn bad person....
I do not have the numbers, but I would bet that these instances were .0001 percent of the actual number of CCW persons.
Funny how they can twist things their way, sounds a bit deceitful if you ask me.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I wonder what the numbers for non permit holders are? I would bet they would make the ones on that website look mighty small.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wevil
I wonder what the numbers for non permit holders are? I would bet they would make the ones on that website look mighty small.
Of course. Permit holders are the most law abiding of any grouping of Americans, except maybe nuns in cloistered convents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HOG WASH I SAY! Now I have my CCW and so does the wife, we do not concern ourselves with what happens in the society with others. We have no control over what someone else may or may not do with their pistol.

I now know, that with both of us carrying, we have a much better chance against the Scum Bags of our society, that do take advantage of the elderly. We both realize that now we are better off being able to defend ourselves at home or on the street.

The most important thing we have got to do, it NOT let the anti-gun people believe that we are not ready for their attacks and Bull Crap. Also that we will as Americans with rights, fight them head to head in or out of a courtroom.

It is a proven statistical FACT, that areas that have the Right To Carry have far less crime than those that do not. There are less muggings, rapes, house-break ins and car jackings where RIGHT TO CARRY is enforced.

Last edited by Tonk; 12/27/09.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The very name of the Violence Policy Center sets my teeth on edge.

Seems to me that it's all about interfering in peoples' lives, and a non-governmental entity to boot.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I truly despise the vpc.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (19rabbit52, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 73 invisible), 3,059 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.