Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
79inpa Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I worked out a deal to trade bullets with late bloomer. I sent him the bullets and 100 bullets out of two hundred was missing on arrival. I didn't put insurance on the box so I guess I owe him a box of bullets. Before I send him bullets I want to make sure there have been no problems in dealing with him. I did get the bullets that he was supposed to send me, and trading bullets was my idea so I am confused here.

sorry to run a background check on you....

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am confused by your post???

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by 79inpa
I worked out a deal to trade bullets with late bloomer. I sent him the bullets and 100 bullets out of two hundred was missing on arrival. I didn't put insurance on the box so I guess I owe him a box of bullets. Before I send him bullets I want to make sure there have been no problems in dealing with him. I did get the bullets that he was supposed to send me, and trading bullets was my idea so I am confused here.

Ouch. Some might take offense to that...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Little confusing also. ....Ok, you sent him 200 bullets, but he only received 100? Were all 200 bullets sent in same package? If so, how did 100 disappear?

If you sent seperate packages, then you may owe him a few dollars. Hard to think a fellow hunter and a member with over 600post counts would scam a few bullets from another. I always send UPS because its automatically ins for $100 bucks.

Last edited by slg888; 12/28/09.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It happens if you don't box them well. I had 500 .224 bullets sent to me. The guy didn't tape up the factory box very well and just stuck the factory box in a damn large padded envelope!! The envelope tore somewhere along the way and I actually rec'd around 300 of the 500.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

And you didn't put insurance on it??? Why not. That is why you're posting this now. If you had put insurance on the bullets we'd not be hearing this post. Makes other people leary of dealing with you now.

Hunt smart, hunt safe
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Im in the middle of a deal with Roland. How could you not put trust in a man who replies............

"Thanks Kelly...you're a pleasure to deal with
I'll let ya know when it arrives!
God Bless/Merry Christmas!
Roland"

I dont know 79inpa, but I hope it works out...for both parties!

kelly

79inpa Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
alright so I guess that I owe him an apology and a box of bullets. According to him the box was taped when it got to him. So someone at the post office stole the bullets out of the mail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would say what happened is it got tore open in the mailing process and either the post master did not see them fall out or didnt care about the ones that did fall out and he just taped it up. would be my guess. There machines mail hauling belts are pretty hard on taped up boxes

Last edited by deerhunterjj; 12/28/09.

WANT TO BUY 22-250 AI BRASS PM ME WITH WHAT YA GOT AND HOW MUCH THANKS.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I had sent lugnuts to a guy once and he received an empty box all taped up, my only proof was that the PO had put the sticker on it for the postage and thaey wouldn't chargre that much for an empty box,I had no insurance on it, so I sent him a full refund including shipping, wasn't his fault , he didn't package them,I did, lesson learned the hard and expensive way...

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He gave away a brand new set of dies this week so i doubt he's trying to snag a couple extra bullets.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yep, Roland is a pretty straight arrow. If he said it, you can hang your hat on it.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Hook
Yep, Roland is a pretty straight arrow. If he said it, you can hang your hat on it.
+1 He's one of the good guys.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Thanks Pres...yep, poor guy shipped me a box and it was taped but missing a box of Sierra 117 grainers however I did receive the other 100 of Sierra 100gr SBT...its unfortunate butr thanks for vouching for my credibilty and integrity!

You know I'm a man of my word, that's the only way I roll...

Aloha and Happy New Year!

Roland

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Tom264
+1 He's one of the good guys.

Thanks Tom I appreciate that... grin

Again it was unfortunate...

Happy Holiday s my friend!

Ro

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by rem_7
He gave away a brand new set of dies this week so i doubt he's trying to snag a couple extra bullets.

Thanks buddy...feel sorry for the guy...He PM'd me and said I checked out OK here so he was sending 100 of my bullets back!

Hey ya know what I'll PM him back and tell him... Happy New Year he can keep them on me... laugh

Life's too short and don't want him to have any worries,... I have alot of things to be grateful for... grin

Aloha!

Ro

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by MT_Kelly
Im in the middle of a deal with Roland. How could you not put trust in a man who replies............

"Thanks Kelly...you're a pleasure to deal with
I'll let ya know when it arrives!
God Bless/Merry Christmas!
Roland"

I dont know 79inpa, but I hope it works out...for both parties!

kelly

Thanks Kelly might fine of you brother... smile

I appreciate it!

Aloha!

Ro

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Fatherofsix

Ouch. Some might take offense to that...

Not a problem at all...I sincerely understand! smile

No hard feelings at all... grin

PM sent! grin

Aloha!

Ro

Last edited by LateBloomer; 12/28/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's class right there!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good People,Do Good Thinks. Class Act For Sure..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,420
Posts18,528,297
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.