-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
in the debate Bush says he wanted the AWB to be re-newed, he blamed congress for the failure to renew AWB, and he blamed both parties, he also wanted to close the so called gun show loop hole, so it sounds like Bush jr. is pro gun control also.....................................

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Haggis

in spite of Kerry's record I do hope he wins.

You acknowledge Kerry's objectionable record and then vow to vote for him. May I ask what has prompted this harsh reaction against all things Bush?

From your "quote" I take it you are vehemently opposed to conservative thought. Is that correct?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yet none of those things happened. Givin Cheney has some juice in the senate/congress and everyone blames the pres for everything that gets passed or not - I am guessing there is a reason none of that stuff happened - that being George just really did not want it to happen. Now compare Kerry and what he MOST DEFINATLY HAS VOTED FOR and we see the just who is the better candidate on the 2nd ammendment.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well if Bush really didn't want it to happen then he lied in the debate........oh well what do ya expect, ya I know kerry lies too, so there even.........LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope - just a politician, says what he needed to get the idiots like HCI and such but his ACTIONS - those speak much louder than words.

The idiots that believe in gun control don't care about facts - they just wanna feel good. Saying what Bush said makes them feel good. People who think see Kerry for what he is --- someone who has taken every oppertunity to weaken the 2nd ammendment. Bush for what he is -- a person who signed a darn good CCH law in Texas and done NOTHING as president to hurt the 2nd ammendment. (His AG - has stated the 2nd ammendment applies to individual's rights to keep and bare arms.)

Me

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Millerman, I believe Bush told the truth. He would sign an assualt weapons ban. Fortunately he doesn't want one enough to lift a finger to make it happen. But if he were presented with one, I'm sure he would sign it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and the NRA still supports him..........???????????????????????????
if this keeps up were in trouble in the long run, well maybe not long run, I think there will be a new AWB within two years with Bush or Kerry. heck maybe even worse with Bush back in there.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
well if Bush really didn't want it to happen then he lied in the debate........

Actually, IIRC, he said he would sign it if it made it to his desk. He never said that he was gonna spend a lot of his influence, favors, etc. to get it to his desk.

In fact, he works hard to keep his conservative friends happy. So I expect that he freely lets AWB type legislation die in order to achieve what is on his agenda (and it does die).

The difference (in my opinion) is that Kerry will let conservative issues die in order to get the AWB passed.

As another poster stated, what they say is camoflage, what they do is real.

Just my 2 cents,

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Bush is no conservative, he and his chicken hawk cronies are neo-cons. A conservative I could support but a neo-con is an aberration.

Young men should have liberal minds and want to change the world for the better. It keeps a country alive and thriving.

Old men should by nature be conservative. It keeps a country's traditions and culture alive.

The two working together change a country very slowly and hopefully for the better.

When a nation's young men are conservative that nation's apex has been reached and there is no where to go but down the tubes, or be left in the dust by nation's moving ahead.

"When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung."

Henry Ward Beecher
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haggis - what if those young men realize that change for the sake of change isn't good. Or they feel that the country is too far left - and continuing to move that way?

Young men should have liberal minds and want to change the world for the better

I would change the word liberal with "open" --- moving a country sliding down the tubes of far left wing wackos back to the right a bit - isn't liberalism, but "changing the world for better"

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Bureaucracy is imperfect, as is anything devised by man, but it is the best we have."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How far left of a guy do you think will get past the confirmation process? Government has checks and balances and in a lot of cases they work just fine.

Maybe you're forgetting about RUTH BADER GINSBURG !!? Could she be any farther to the left?!

Ginsburg, the Politician

Nominated by Slick Willie in 1993, she simply refused to answer the vast majority of questions asked of her during the Senate Confirmation Hearings ..... and was confirmed by a vote of 96-3. She is a disgrace and a threat to our Constitutional rights and national sovereignty, IMO.

Kerry would do his best to see that we have more just like her.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Walker, you are absolutely right; and it is the make-up of the Supreme Court that is more important than who the President is on issues regarding the 2nd Amendment. I can't believe people have such a hard time understanding that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (470Evans, 44mc, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.