Took my pet, custom Ruger to the range yesterday. Had to adjust the sights all of one inch to get my 100 yd. zero. At one of my shots, the floorplate drop open ! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] Had to dissemble the gun when I first got it after all the customizing. At that time, I lost the spring that powers the floorplate release button. Reinstalled it. Noticed then that wasn't real smooth working, seemed to catch a little, but it did work. This time I took a good look at it. It's bent just a little. Reinstalled it. Worked, but "caught", or dragged a little. Pushed it all the way down into the open recess for it, and rotated it a little. Worked smoothly after that. Shot the gun, etc., and it held up fine. But, I'm going to do like the Marines. I'm going to tape my magazine shut. A nice Mickey Mouse setup on my custom Ruger. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] I'm also going to buy a new spring for this thing. A straight one. Anybody got any ideas ? Yes, I know about the middle action screw. Only finger tight, etc. Thanks. E