Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD
I hope someone turns them in.

Interesting to see the responses here. The indignation here when someone gets busted for poaching deer from a truck leads one to believe that folks here actually believe in game laws.

Canadian Timber Wolves, like all other non-native species from pythons to ponies, should be exterminated.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Feel good story of the year. grin It's a start..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
I've often thought about creating a website to collect donations to help fund legal costs for people that get nailed for shooting wolves. smile

Don't count on any donations from BrentD. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by nemesis

Well, BrentD you can bet your azz it won't be the guy that lives in this house!!!

[Linked Image]

grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They only killed two ??

They should have shot the whole damn pack....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe I was wrong....it was dpole and BrentD. I think I need to contact the authorities and turn them in. How much was the reward?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Maybe I was wrong....it was dpole and BrentD. I think I need to contact the authorities and turn them in. How much was the reward?

grin grin grin grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
"Game laws","Poaching" .... LOL. Tree Huggers licking wolf azz. Looks like a cure has been found. Pass it on. It's getting more popular in Wisconsin, too. There comes a time when regular people's common sense trumps over reaching of corrupt government. Looks like it's about time. smile

Interesting to see the responses here. The indignation here when someone gets busted for poaching deer from a truck leads one to believe that folks here actually believe in game laws.

[Linked Image]

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So far, when it comes to wolves, more have been caught than haven't.

But yeah, the absence of a conservation ethic here is definitely a black eye for the Campfire............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only two dead wolves?
In Sconnie, 9 dead wolves were found during gun season, mostly up nort. Click to read a newspaper article about it.

Nine wolves found dead during gun deer season
By Paul A. Smith of the Journal Sentinel
Dec. 21, 2009

Nine wolves were found dead in Wisconsin during the recently completed gun deer season, including eight that appear to have been illegally shot.

The dead wolves were found in Adams, Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Jackson and Monroe counties; one each was also found shot on the Lac du Flambeau and Stockbridge Indian Reservations.

The Department of Natural Resources had 61 wolves fitted with radio collars prior to the November gun deer season. Four of the collared wolves were among those found dead.

The dead wolves are being necropsied at the DNR's Wildlife Health Laboratory in Madison. Preliminary evaluations indicate eight died of gunshot wounds and one was killed by other wolves, said Adrian Wydeven, DNR wolf ecologist.

Anti-wolf sentiment in Wisconsin has risen in recent years as the wolf population has increased; many hunters blame wolves for a decline in the deer population.

Wolves in Wisconsin are currently protected under the federal Endangered Species Act.

Six wolves were found dead in Wisconsin during and just before last year's gun deer season. Nine were found shot during 2006 gun deer season, said Wydeven.

In an average year, vehicles kill about two dozen wolves in Wisconsin, according to state records.

The DNR estimated Wisconsin had between 626 and 662 wolves before the 2009 breeding season. The next estimate will be released in late winter 2010.

Have an A1 Day!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Civil disobedience is an appropriate response to corrupt government! smile

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Four of the collared wolves were among those found dead.

Heard of collars being found under ice in the U.P. Seems like someone likes to toss em into a river, minus the wolf...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a bumper sticker a couple months back in northern WI:
"WOLF TASTES LIKE CHICKEN"...... laugh

I know it's hard to fathom but it wasn't adhered to a Subaru Outback or VW. wink

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sometimes game laws confuse me.

Here in Pa. the Game Commission will deny that we have any Mountain Lions. However---they said if you shoot one you will be fined. Now, how can you be fined for shooting something that doesn't exist?

Now I get their drift, but we have some wild pigs that have escaped and are starting to tear up the forest and they want you to kill any you encounter. But a Mountain Lion? Oh, that's different....

May there always be Wolves and Mountain Lions, and may hunters always have something to hunt. Because as soon as the deer are hurting because of wolves that season will be closed.

The big picture just may be bigger than the Wolf.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here they like to toss them into south bound truck with IL plates on em.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Game laws aren't the issue. Idaho's imported wolves were introduced in violation of the ESA. They brought in exotic wolves which diluted the native gene pool. The purpose was to reduce game numbers to unhuntable levels. These aren't my words. They came directly from the anti's themselves, years ago.

If they'd followed ESA regulations, they'd have done everything possible to keep the Canadian wolves OUT to protect the natives.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BTW, apples to pomegranates my friend, apples to pomegranates.
������Never mind, I just checked your bio. You already have all the answers. Say "hi" to Keith Warnke when you see him.�������

WWP53D
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by tzone
Here they like to toss them into south bound truck with IL plates on em.

Nice. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw who did it........was a dude with a towel wrapped around his head blabbering something about the infidel dogs..... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad that KS doesn't seem to have wolves. Lions may be here. I really don't know of a deer hunter here that would not shoot a wolf or puma, and just leave them lay. Coyotes and bobcats are starting to be a problem here. You must have fur bearer license to possess, but I'm sure that they get dropped.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 57 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,560
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.