Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm a non-stakeholder here
You might be real soon, seems to me, that if theres room in kentucky for thousands of elk, theres room for wolves as well.

Im still waiting for the judges order to reinstate them in northern new york, vermont, new hampshire and maine to be enforced, after that it wont be long till some of the bunny huggers here on the east coast get a real up close and personal look at just how loveable a wolf really is.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hey now, don't just quote me halfway, quote the whole thing laugh. I'm on the farmer/rancher side of things, if they don't want 'em, I'll back them all the way.

I was just out that way (Yellowstone) back in June/July, so I heard a LOT about the wolves, from both sides of the argument. Since my family raises cows in Missouri, LOTS of cows, I tend to side with the ones who're putting meat on my plate. grin

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wolves.

I remember stalking along the Gakona River in south western Alaska back in October of 1998.
A large pack of wolves were sunning themselves on a snow patch illuminated by the sun.
I was fortunate to drop two from the pack.
Unfortunately my camera was back in the super cub.
A mistake that haunts me still today.
We skinned them and continued to hunt Grizz.
I didn't find the big bear I was looking for on that hunt, but the wolves remain among my most prized trophies.

I took this pic out the hatch of a cub in 1996.

[Linked Image]

A friend of mine has killed hundreds of them over the years.
Trapping, snaring or aerial, he is their worst nightmare.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/13-1.jpg[/img]

In tangling with emotionally disturbed wolf huggers I generally always have the same response....

[img]http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6073/wlf5tk.jpg[/img]

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Salmonella

[Linked Image]

My....what a beautiful cabin you have. grin

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome!!

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella

[Linked Image]

That is cool, I want to make one in Wyoming just like it someday!

They won't let me add wolves to my piles yet though . . . frown

[Linked Image]

See not everyone who wants to see some wolves is a liberal bunny hugger!

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is a really cool woof mount
[Linked Image]

Have an A1 Day!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
[Linked Image]

See not everyone who wants to see some wolves is a liberal bunny hugger!

nice yote pile!! coons too!

trapped? i don't see much fore holes

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About half were, the rest were ran down with a snow machine and '0' buck. That is a weekends worth in 2005. I haven't been trying so hard lately.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
lol, Your cool Rat, I was mearly commenting on that you might be a stake holder soon, and while I dont wish wolves on you, the bunny huggers in the eastern big cities need to get an up close dose of reality on just what a wolf does for a living.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that snowmachine stuff can be dangerous... so i've heard.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should of seen some of the piles from back in the 70s and 80s when they were worth something. I wish now that I would of carried a camera back then.

A snow machine ain't nothing like sliding a dirt bike under barbed wire on purpose, or trying to keep up with a drop boxes of Greyhounds and Wolfhounds across the sagebrush with a pickup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD

Archie, "Tirtiarialy" What the hell is that? You don't understand the definition of poacher do ya? Look it up.

Sorry. typing fast and I misspelled it. My spelling ain't the best. Big deal. Tertiarily. It's not a difficult word, esp given the context. Should have been easy to figure out. Primarily, secondarily, tertiarily. I misspelled exactly the same way and google figured it out in about 1/10000th of a second.

Yes, I do know what poaching is. You can shove your legalities up your azz. And your wolves.

Thanks for posting that, Jacques. I'm surprised. Very surprised. I wonder though, if it'd be the same results today, after the fed spending all that money and all the liberals with their law suits and all the other trouble. That's kind of old.

Thanks to you too, Casey. Good info.
------------

I learned something today.... I really did.

That there are more stupid people out there than I thought smile Wanting wolves around is pretty dumb if you ask me. Although I must admit, I'd like to hunt them too. Thing is I don't want to hunt them in my own back yard.... And I'm sure if they start showing up here and I hunt them here, they'll be like lays potato chips.... wink

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

Typical Communists both of you

No way, Barry. That goes too far. Not that I or anyone else needs to stick up for Jacques or Casey, but that's not accurate at all. They're some of the good guys....

...they're just infatuated with wuffs for some reason grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
That is a really cool woof mount
[Linked Image]

The wolf is actually alive, the other critter is....stuffed...... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
You should of seen some of the piles from back in the 70s and 80s when they were worth something. I wish now that I would of carried a camera back then.

In the early 80's I went with a couple friends to Montana who drew elk licenses. I bought a small game license for the heck of it and took my rifle--glad I did. We had already been calling coyotes in Colorado when the prices were good, but we plugged several big male Montana coyotes and took the time to properly flesh the hides--practically paid for our trip.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Casey, the reality of the wolf here at ground zero is different than the academic, sanitized, intellectual version of the argument.

I'm a relatively tolerant sort that didn't exactly balk with the idea of the wolf introduction... what I've become, after years of observing the entire drama firsthand, is a supporter of SSS.

The PETA's and WWF's of the world have deeper pockets than I/we do and they have a vested financial interest in keeping the litigation going.

I'm one that finds the howl of the wolf the jolting beacon that life is a brutal struggle, and that I'm part of it... however, nothing is quite as simple as it seems. This whole thing is so full of political maneuvering it's disgusting. In an ideal world, I'd support the wolf reintroduction... in the ACTUAL world, not so much...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
The wolf is actually alive, the other critter is....stuffed...... grin
Casey

LOL
[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some truth in that IMO...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
If you survey 1000 residents of a college town in Montana you will, no doubt, find sympathy for wolves.

If you ask 1000 residents of rural NW Montana I doubt you will find little sympathy, if any! I wonder why?

If you are going to assess "public opinion" you really need to be talking with the stakeholders. Urban elitists don't have a clue when it comes to living and earning a living in the country.

WN

Prezactly. Same in WI. Ask a lib in Madison how they feel about the wolves and you'll get a unicorn's and rainbow's response. Ask a deer hunter in ANY part of the state and you'll get the 180. No one, save a small minority, wants them exterminated, we want them controlled. The problem with our state is the Department of Natural Resources cannot come up with a way to accurately count not only the bears but the deer as well - and, even if they could, there would no doubt be political pressure to somehow do otherwise anyway. It's not difficult to surmise that they're entirely off on the wolf numbers either. Wolves were put here to control the population of deer in our north woods - simple as that. Now that there are seemingly no deer, a bear population count that was off by 50% and an overabundance of wolves, something has to give. The wolves make an awfully nice start.

And, BrentD, you have little understanding on what makes the world go round and cash registers sing during the fall season in WI's northwoods. If you choose to think it's the Birkie crowd gathering to hopefully catch a glimpse of wolf utopia, you'd be sadly mistaken. I choose to applaud the people that take matters into their own hands when it comes to "management" of lupus because there isn't a damn person in Madison doing a thing about it. Contrary to your belief, there ARE sportsman with a better understanding of what's happening in our forests than there are under-informed biologists,"ecologists" and pompous, politically-appointed puppets that choose to shine their seats with their derriere's rather than getting said derriere's out there for a first-hand observation of what's happening in the real world. And they'd do quite well to use their ears more and mouths less as well.

You'd also do well to take your science and formula's and mix in some god-damned, down-to-earth pragmatism for a change.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,215
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.