Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NC35rem Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This Gander Mountain "special edition" is still listed on the Remington website (855XX) but not one of the three Gander Mtn. stores in NC have the rifle or seem to even know it exists. I still see the guns from time to time in the Free Classifieds here, and I know that Cabelas had a version that was blued as opposed to stainless. Does anyone know if the gun is still in production? Could/would a Remington distributor make it available through a "local" dealer?

This is the gun:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/special_runs/model_700_mtn_SS_guide.asp

I appreciate any available assistance or info.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got one in 243 and love it. Only thing I've done to it was to drop it in a McMillan Mountain Rifle stock. My local Gander Mountain told me that it was no longer available from Remington and that they couldn't get any more of them. Remington had a good thing with that rifle and I can't believe they would drop it.

If you find anything else out I'd love to get a few more of these rifles.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it just a regular MR in a Ti stock?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have an early version of Rem SS Model 700 Mountain Rifle which I'm told Remington sold only for a year or less, over ten years ago. Mine is long action in 30-06, SS with a skinny barrel and weighs 6 lbs.4 oz. without scope. I'd love to have this new one which has a better stock, in short action 7-08.

Last edited by Okanagan; 12/11/09.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jeff-

yes.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Remington had a good thing with that rifle and I can't believe they would drop it.

Remington had a good thing in a bunch of rifles. Id love an LVSF in 7-08.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I finally found a used one in 243 for my daughter a few months ago. I had owned one briefly in 7mm-08 a few years ago and let it go. Dumb move. Anyway I checked with Gander Mountain last year about these. I had kicked around picking one up and there were some left. Gander Mountain has the ability to tell you if any of their stores have one in stock. There were a few around last year. I dragged my feet and when I went back this summer they were all gone. You will have to find a used one now. They show up periodically here. Finally found mine on Gun Broker. Set the $ aside and jump on one when you see it. They are a great rifle for the money.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Okanagan
I have an early version of Rem SS Model 700 Mountain Rifle which I'm told Remington sold only for a year or less, over ten years ago. Mine is long action in 30-06, SS with a skinny barrel and weighs 6 lbs.4 oz. without scope. I'd love to have this new one which has a better stock, in short action 7-08.

The M700 SS MTR was the best "common man's" M700 ever built. Wish I had bought a dozen of them. I have a 270--and it's my go-to rifle.

With the judicous use of aluminum arrow shafts epoxied in and replacing some of the dense synthetic stock material, mine weighs in at just under 7 lbs with a Leupy 2.5-8. It suits me so well enough I've never got around to buying McM stock for it........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
NC35rem Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I called Gander Mtn. HQ and they could not provide a defintive answer at this time. The young man said they would have to check w/ so-and-so who is only open M-F, 9-5. I am expecting a call from one of the stores on Monday, after they check w/ their distributor.

It seems as if Remington would make some statement on their website if the gun was no longer available or remove it all together; however, it still has the three short actions listed (243/7mm-08/308).

Last summer, the store in G'boro had one available in an odd caliber that I was unfamiliar with (6.5mm x ?). The gun sold before I made the chance to visit.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They were a limited run. Unless someone finds one tucked away in a back room you will have to find a used one. The Gander MT stores don't have any left as of October when I checked. There were 2 listed in different stores but calls to the stores turned up no rifles. Place an ad in the classifieds stating what caliber you are looking for and I bet you will find one.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

NC35rem Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the bad news. . .

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What caliber you looking for? I have seen several 308's in the last few months and the 243 I picked up. The 7mm-08's go pretty quickly but show up pretty regular as well.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
NC35rem Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
308 would be last on the list, but still on the list. 243/7-08 either would do. . .

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You have a pm.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was down at GM the other night and the gentleman told me they are starting another run. They are on the new Remington site. Anyone have anymore info?

http://www.remington.com/products/f...re/model-700-mtn-ss-guidespecialrun.aspx

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That would be quite smart of them to do...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
NC35Rem;

I'll check the Gander here in G'boro. They have their heads so far up their asses, you've have to hit them with it to have them know they have it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think it is called a Mountain ADL production was limited but not a "special" run I don't think circa 1991-92 I have one in .270win. from pawn shop. I can't find much info. on them. They are relatively rare as 700's go. I like it very much the stock perhaps could be better but is far better than what is on most ADLs

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
there where a few guns still out there last time i checked but they were all 243 if you can get the manu number they can search them at the headquaters. I had to call at least ten times before i finally got someone who new what the crap I was talking about.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MckinneyMike
I think it is called a Mountain ADL production was limited but not a "special" run I don't think circa 1991-92 I have one in .270win. from pawn shop. I can't find much info. on them. They are relatively rare as 700's go. I like it very much the stock perhaps could be better but is far better than what is on most ADLs

Best version of the M700 ever made--alas, it was so good Remington saw fit to only produce it in 1993-94. MSRP was less than the blued, wood stocked ADL. I have one in 270--wish I had bought a dozen of them.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (7887mm08, allscopedup, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.