Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Are the Stoeger semi-autos as reliable and durable as the Benelli? Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks, Tim.

GB1

Hi
I got my mod.2000 new in 2006 and hunt hard for waterfowl,dove,and do some trap shooting not one time have i had any trouble with my Stoeger i've told people that has asked about the gun that it's a poor man's Benelli...

Regards,
S.Chesmore
Pellets Dept.
Hodgdon powder company
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks Oh Snap. I thought I read somewhere that they copied the Benelli, so the Benelli engineers and lawyers went down to South America to look into sueing them for patent infringement. They were so impressed with how well made they were, they bought them out. I have one of the Stoeger side by sides, seems like a well built gun with a nice finish, just hadn't heard any feedback on the autos. I've got two Benelli autos, and my wife and father each have one, I love them. I was looking for an auto for my oldest son, finances aren't what they were a couple of years ago, so wanted some feedback on the Stoegers. Thanks, Tim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Thanks Oh Snap. I thought I read somewhere that they copied the Benelli, so the Benelli engineers and lawyers went down to South America to look into sueing them for patent infringement. They were so impressed with how well made they were, they bought them out. I have one of the Stoeger side by sides, seems like a well built gun with a nice finish, just hadn't heard any feedback on the autos. I've got two Benelli autos, and my wife and father each have one, I love them. I was looking for an auto for my oldest son, finances aren't what they were a couple of years ago, so wanted some feedback on the Stoegers. Thanks, Tim.
Who told you that fairy tale? First off, the Stoeger 2000 is made in TURKEY, which is nowhere near South America. In fact, it's in an altogether different hemisphere. Second, Benelli is part of Beretta Holding, which owns and operates Benelli, Franchi, and Vursan of Turkey, among many others. The inertia recoil system is produced by Vursan and marketed as an entry level shotgun, versions are produced by Franchi as a moderately priced option, with Benelli as the flagship line. Sort of like Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac. There wasn't any patent infringement BS as you infer. Vursan was purchased and licensed from the get-go.

http://www.stoeger.com.tr/mainEN.swf

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah, but it obviously made a good story for the salesman at the gun counter with a schitload of Turkish made Stoeger shotguns to move that week ..
wink

Last edited by jim62; 01/02/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I thought it was a good story. Are the autos as durable and dependable as the Benneli? Thanks, Tim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought it was a good story. Are the autos as durable and dependable as the Benneli? Thanks, Tim.
They're as durable. They lack the refinement of the Benelli, with no stock adjustment, but they have good workmanship in the areas that really count. They're probably one of the best bargains and best kept secrets in autoloading shotguns.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks Bricktop. I went down to the safe and grabbed the side by side, it says imported by Stoeger, GAUCHA-IGA made in Brazil. Maybe the autos are made in a different plant (obviously diferent continent as well). Thanks for the info. Tim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Bricktop. I went down to the safe and grabbed the side by side, it says imported by Stoeger, GAUCHA-IGA made in Brazil. Maybe the autos are made in a different plant (obviously diferent continent as well). Thanks for the info. Tim.
Stoeger is an importer, like Charles Daly. They bring in firearms produced wherever. Don't just assume because you have one made in Brazil that they're all made there. They were the importer for Sako at one time, too.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks Bricktop. I guess Stoeger was bought by Sako in the 1990's, then Sako was purchased by Beretta in 2000. Tim.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Bricktop. I guess Stoeger was bought by Sako in the 1990's, then Sako was purchased by Beretta in 2000. Tim.
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/information/stoeger_history.php

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 2000 and it is fine... but you cannot get parts from the factory.. just one 3rd party shop.

There is one washer which is easy to lose

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 06hunter59, 32 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,628
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.