Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Hogs are hunted year round here in S.E. Okla where I live. They are trapped here and sold regularly at the Sale Barn in Wister. I have never heard of anyone getting anything but praise from the game dept for killing them. Legal or not I dont know. I do know that they are a problem.
There is a ton of public land to hunt here too, but we are about 2 hours north of the Red River.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RNF
Bricktop,

Did you get your name from being hardheaded.

Good night

Its been fun but I am going to bed,
You still haven't answered my question about the location of these "tons of public land along the Red River." Does that question frighten you?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by zeke612
Hogs are hunted year round here in S.E. Okla where I live. They are trapped here and sold regularly at the Sale Barn in Wister. I have never heard of anyone getting anything but praise from the game dept for killing them. Legal or not I dont know. I do know that they are a problem.
There is a ton of public land to hunt here too, but we are about 2 hours north of the Red River.
The legality issue at which I'm getting concerns the transport and re-release of feral hogs. That IS illegal and unethical. As far as killing them, that's perfectly legal provided you have land owner permission or are following the rules for the various WMAs.

As for rumors, I have heard from a reliable source that the USDA is beginning to clamp down and preventing some sale barns and locker plants from accepting feral hogs due to swine brucellosis and other diseases. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems plausible.

As for the amount of public land being a "ton," I would disagree. If there were a "ton" of public land -- like in the western states where there're beaucoup BLM holdings -- everybody would have access within 30 minutes (or less) of their homes. And everybody doesn't mean RNF and his boy, it means EVERYBODY. His rationale seems to be because he personally lives very close to some public land (very heavily hunted public land), therefore there is quite an abundance of public hunting land in Oklahoma. That's just not true.

Wyoming has a "ton" of public land. Nevada has a "ton" of public land. Utah has a "ton" of public land. Arizona has a "ton" of public land. Oklahoma doesn't even come close.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by RNF
Bricktop.

From my front door it is 5.7 miles to the Red River. In less than 20 minutes I can be on any of these WMA

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hugo2.htm 18000 + acres
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/pinecreek.htm 10000 + acres
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/threerivers.htm 250000 acres
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/honobia.htm 76000 acres

within 1 hour
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/brokenbow.htm 5420 acres
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/mcgee.htm 10000 acres
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/ouachitamccurtain.htm 131000 acres

Not exactly on the banks of the Red River but over 500,000 acres within 1 hour of my front door and within 50 miles of the river.

You win this point! Well done.

Bricktop is simply a Troll that is best ignored..............................DJ

Now you guys see what I saying............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now you guys see what I saying............................DJ
See what you "saying" about what?

Where are these "tons of public land along the Red River?"

If there's so damned much public hunting land in Oklahoma, why isn't it as prevalent? You sure as hell don't live close to any of those listings.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by zeke612
The legality issue at which I'm getting concerns the transport and re-release of feral hogs. That IS illegal and unethical. As far as killing them, that's perfectly legal provided you have land owner permission or are following the rules for the various WMAs.

As for rumors, I have heard from a reliable source that the USDA is beginning to clamp down and preventing some sale barns and locker plants from accepting feral hogs due to swine brucellosis and other diseases. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems plausible.

As for the amount of public land being a "ton," I would disagree. If there were a "ton" of public land -- like in the western states where there're beaucoup BLM holdings -- everybody would have access within 30 minutes (or less) of their homes. And everybody doesn't mean RNF and his boy, it means EVERYBODY. His rationale seems to be because he personally lives very close to some public land (very heavily hunted public land), therefore there is quite an abundance of public hunting land in Oklahoma. That's just not true.

Wyoming has a "ton" of public land. Nevada has a "ton" of public land. Utah has a "ton" of public land. Arizona has a "ton" of public land. Oklahoma doesn't even come close.

Good Grief.

Mr.Bricktop. You are right. I am wrong.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Fugg it I'll go to Texas or someplace,It ain't worth all this.

Talk about thread killing, can I put this one to sleep???

Once again, I am sorry.

MO

You can't hit what you can't see.

The more people I meet the more I enjoy my dogs.

Life is like Missouri weather, you just don't know what's gonna happen next.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOSendero
Fugg it I'll go to Texas or someplace,It ain't worth all this.

Talk about thread killing, can I put this one to sleep???

Once again, I am sorry.

MO
You should come here. Be RNF's guest. Besides, these friggin' hogs need to be gone.

Hi
Go to www.caneycreekhuntingranch.com for free range hog hunting i have booked a hunt for 1st of april it look's to be a great hunt.I've been to the chain ranch it was a high fence hunt small pigs that did not taste so good free range hogs taste better to me....

Regards,
S.Chesmore
Pellets Dept.
Hodgdon powder company
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There is more public land in Oklahoma than Texas. There is alot of BLM parcels on Red River but they are not advertised and nearly all require private access to get to them. Definitely not the quantity of BLM located in many of our more western states. Lots of hogs here in SW Okla. and lots of private holdings that love for folks to take them. The shining and little known jewel of the WMA's so far mentioned is Black Kettle.

A road trip or two to find private holdings you can hunt would be worthwhile...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie
There is more public land in Oklahoma than Texas.
Bullshit. Oklahoma is approximately 69K square miles or 44.2 million acres. Approximately 4830 square miles or 3.1 million acres is public. That's about 7% of the land area in the state. Texas is approximately 262K square miles or 167.7 million acres total. Approximately 3% of that -- 7860 square miles or 5 million acres -- is public access. Let me make this simple: 5 is greater than 3.1. Savvy? Places like the Big Bend area of Texas should make that plain to see.

There is alot of BLM parcels on Red River but they are not advertised
Bullshit. The pittance of land administered by BLM in Oklahoma consists of a couple of hundred acres here and a couple of hundred acres there. Contact BLM's Oklahoma field office if you doubt me: http://www.blm.gov/nm/st/en/fo/Oklahoma_Field_Office.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bullshit. Oklahoma is approximately 69K square miles or 44.2 million acres. Approximately 4830 square miles or 3.1 million acres is public. That's about 7% of the land area in the state. Texas is approximately 262K square miles or 167.7 million acres total. Approximately 3% of that -- 7860 square miles or 5 million acres -- is public access. Let me make this simple: 5 is greater than 3.1. Savvy? Places like the Big Bend area of Texas should make that plain to see.

Bullshit. The pittance of land administered by BLM in Oklahoma consists of a couple of hundred acres here and a couple of hundred acres there. Contact BLM's Oklahoma field office if you doubt me: http://www.blm.gov/nm/st/en/fo/Oklahoma_Field_Office.html

Oklahoma has over 1.6 Million acres of Wildlife management areas:

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/publhunt.htm

Texas offers 1.2 Million acres public Hunting by annual permit:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwil...tents/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0112a_texas.pdf

So Bricktop, Not only are you still a Rude Jerk, you are also still wrong..........................DJ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So Bricktop, Not only are you still a Rude Jerk, you are also still wrong..........................DJ
No, I'm not wrong. You can't understand what in the hell you're reading. I stated Oklahoma has 3.1 million acres of PUBLIC LAND, not WMAs. Read. Comprehend. Post. In that order. Your failure to do that means you're mostly a moron. Mostly. And wrong.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bricktop: Lay off of RNF he didn't say there was "tons of public land along the red river" I said it. So if you have a problem with it why don't you pm me? instead of publicly trying to pick an argument on these threads with someone who never said it in the first place?

Then you imply that I'm hunting illeagly on private lands and haven't been caught yet? wow why don't you keep your mouth shut as I am sure you know the saying about assuming things... If I we're going to assume things about each other I'm gonna assume you're a jerk with friends who talk about you when you're not around but because I don't know you and you don't know me I won't make that assumption. Don't speak about things of which you do not know.

I'm sorry if our definitions of "tons" are different maybe I should have said a "fair" amount? would that have been better? places along the red river that I hunt are as follows: Fobb Bottom, Brown Springs, and Addington bend. Fobb Bottom is actually on the lake so you can cry about that one...

Don't expect another reply from me.

Sorry RNF for your troubles.

Brett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brett00Mac
Bricktop: Lay off of RNF he didn't say there was "tons of public land along the red river" I said it. So if you have a problem with it why don't you pm me? instead of publicly trying to pick an argument on these threads with someone who never said it in the first place?

Then you imply that I'm hunting illeagly on private lands and haven't been caught yet? wow why don't you keep your mouth shut as I am sure you know the saying about assuming things... If I we're going to assume things about each other I'm gonna assume you're a jerk with friends who talk about you when you're not around but because I don't know you and you don't know me I won't make that assumption. Don't speak about things of which you do not know.

I'm sorry if our definitions of "tons" are different maybe I should have said a "fair" amount? would that have been better? places along the red river that I hunt are as follows: Fobb Bottom, Brown Springs, and Addington bend. Fobb Bottom is actually on the lake so you can cry about that one...

Don't expect another reply from me.

Sorry RNF for your troubles.
I'm not PM'ing your ignorant self because I'd prefer to have this discussion publicly.

Brown's Spring and Addington Bend are all part of the Love Valley WMA, smart guy. A WHOPPING total 7746 acres. Wow. Does that even qualify for "fair amount" status? And then there's Fobb Bottom coming in at an astounding 2205 acres.

Yeah, you sure showed me. Out of 3.1 million acres of public land in Oklahoma -- 1.6 million acres of state managed WMAs for Dennis' purposes -- and you want to tell everyone 9951 acres is a "ton of public land along the Red River." That works out to an astounding 0.321% of total public land in Oklahoma or 0.622% of ODWC managed WMAs. You should seek a career in advertising.

I likely won't get a reply from the likes of you or RNF because you two clods know you've been had.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No, I'm not wrong. You can't understand what in the hell you're reading. I stated Oklahoma has 3.1 million acres of PUBLIC LAND, not WMAs. Read. Comprehend. Post. In that order. Your failure to do that means you're mostly a moron. Mostly. And wrong.

Oh so Oklahoma has 3.1 million acres vs texas' 1.2? Or in other words you are even MORE wrong about the original post and further proving what a complete jerk you are.

You won't hear back from the others because misanthropic pricks like you aren't worth the effort. I should have kept my original advise and not bothered with trolls like you...........................................DJ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh so Oklahoma has 3.1 million acres vs texas' 1.2? Or in other words you are even MORE wrong about the original post and further proving what a complete jerk you are.

You won't hear back from the others because misanthropic pricks like you aren't worth the effort. I should have kept my original advise and not bothered with trolls like you...........................................DJ
How damned stupid are you exactly? Has anyone ever quantified that for you? Oklahoma has 3.1 million acres of PUBLIC land. Texas offers 1.2 million acres of hunting land administered by the TPWD. That's not the only PUBLIC land in Texas. Can you UNDERSTAND that? PUBLIC includes land in the federal system, state, county, etc. It isn't solely WMAs, knucklehead.

Misanthropic? Not quite, I'm just someone you happen to dislike.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I can easily see how someone could dislike you Bricky. The only thing I didn't say perfectly was Oklahoma has more huntable public land than Texas but I didn't think I had to as the subject at hand was huntable public land. Texas has always sucked hind tit to Oklahoma on huntable public land...Stay on subject savvy...

As for BLM parcels on the Red River I know where they ALL are and how big they are and how to get to them. I've lived in SW Oklahoma for 30 years on the Red River, and know a full third of its Oklahoma length intimately having farmed, ran cattle and horses, hunted and trapped it extensively. I can walk out my back door right now and be pizzin' in it in three minutes and I (or the gentleman from Missouri looking to hog hunt here) don't need or want your google fu advice. So kindly STFU while the adults are talkin'....(normally I'd put a smiley face here but I don't grin at rude [bleep] like you)

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
smile

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Bricktop, how many deer you kill this year???

How many hogs???

you are worthless to this site, you fail to even reallize that a WMA is public hunting, and that is something us "hunters" are looking for....

You wanta battle me publicly on here step it on up and get up in my GRILLLLLLL...

And stop with the copy and paste, used that in high school it got old...Start posting some real hunting experience and advice...Heck we can read the DNR Bull-Chit ourselves, we don't need a Kindergarden teacher wanta-be to read them to us...

Peace-Out

Last edited by Neutral88; 01/05/10.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,651
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.