Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
all the recent discussions, civil all thank goodness, relate to the Creator and his expectations.

so, did God set us all out down here for spiritual advancement, or has he chosen to stay with us, as we progress?

is God with us, or are we alone (as a group), to progress given the abilities of our two-stranded DNA??

in other words, can science and religion co-exist?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
He is with us,just testing us a bit.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crittergetter
He is with us,just testing us a bit.

so, what do you think the test is composed of, pray tell?

God is with us, or has he moved on to his other properties, and have left us to survive, the best we can until his Return?

humans on the Earth, what a concept!

what does God wish us to do, while he's away (assuming he is)?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Gus
So, did God set us out down here to survive, or is he still with us?

He's with us, he hangs out in hunting rifles & he's got a killer thread going about sniper rifles in gunwriters section.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every society believes that God is with them.

Rolly
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
yes he here and there. the people down here screw this oh world by them selfs.then he will starting this old world out again .look at history the wars they just get worse from all the leaders, now for the biggest screw up.the untided nations . to bad they don't flush down the sewer where they belong

rnr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
God speaks to modern prophets regularly to direct the church. Individually all people in the world have the 'light of Christ' which is essentially your concience. And, individually, the Holy Ghost (a spirit yet) in a still, small voice will help us in earthly endeavors. No, God has not left us alone.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Deist says that the Deity created the universe and the laws that govern it and than walked away. Much like a Swiss watch maker builds a fine Swiss watch and says job done.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
so, did God set us all out down here for spiritual advancement, or has he chosen to stay with us, as we progress?

Again I ask you - what do you think advancement or progress means vis-a-vis God?

Last edited by Ivan; 01/06/10.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

is God with us, or are we alone (as a group), to progress given the abilities of our two-stranded DNA??

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
KJV

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
God gave us free will, I think that while he/she is watching us He/she wants to see what we are going to do. We as a race drift oneway then the other, we have fooled around and found ways to kill ourselves off, maybe He/she is waiting to see if we do?Maybe He/she is waiting to see if we have progressed far enough to agree on how to worship, or even if we should? Noone can know the mind of God, all we can know is that He/she is a forgiveing God, and that We do have free will to use or abuse. But remember the other species that have begun and died out.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think Jesse Ventura summed it up quite nicely...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hebrews 13:5 (New International Version)

5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
--------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 31:6 (New King James Version)

6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.�
-----------------------------------------------------------

Joshua 1:5 (King James Version)

5There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
----------------------------------------------------------

1 Chronicles 28:20 (New International Version)

20 David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yes.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God has never left us. Men, however, have certainly left Him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Gus

He's with us, he hangs out in hunting rifles & he's got a killer thread going about sniper rifles in gunwriters section.

Laffin'

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gus
all the recent discussions, civil all thank goodness, relate to the Creator and his expectations.

in other words, can science and religion co-exist?

Obviously science and religion co-exist and there is a chapel at MIT. wink

However I do not see why you state your last sentence as if it were a summary of your earlier questions: there is no relationship between the them.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so Gus, have you joined forces with Derby Dude, and now fancy yourself as the cutting edge of anti Christian thought?

Sam......

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The Deist says that the Deity created the universe and the laws that govern it and than walked away. Much like a Swiss watch maker builds a fine Swiss watch and says job done.

Somebody has got to wind the watch and keep it running. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Judging from some of the comments made on here , I'd say some folks have just about completely come un-wound !

Derby claims he may be the only one who understands what Gus is gettin' at in all his recent threads and I suspect that " understanding " may be a step in comin' up "unwound ". grin

I ain't judging them - I'm judging their comments .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,681
Posts18,493,892
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.