Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When a person commits a felony, they have violated the rights of sociaty, and given all the strikes/chances most prison inmates have had, I feel that once convicted and sentances to hard time they should serve it all, no early release, and a total loss of civil/constitutional rights forever, banishment should be on the table as well.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No and maybe, after a number of years crime free? I do not believe that college students that comprise over 10% of our Cities population should be allowed to vote unless they own property. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
NO!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Inmates no, once they are freed then yes.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But then again, I wouldn't give them TVs, work out equipment, or dental attention. I am mean that way<grin>.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by blinddog1
When a person commits a felony, they have violated the rights of sociaty, and given all the strikes/chances most prison inmates have had, I feel that once convicted and sentances to hard time they should serve it all, no early release, and a total loss of civil/constitutional rights forever, banishment should be on the table as well.

When the Democratic Congress votes to make it a felony to criticize Obama on the Campfire, or Republican Congress votes to make it a felony to criticize a Republican President on MoveOn.org, you may think differently.

By felonizing everything, it sure would be a great way to disarm all the citizens.

How many of you know that there are now misdemeanor convictions that will deny you certain rights guaranteed in the Constitution?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
Consider this,

A friend and I had planned on going coon hunting one Saturday night many years ago. We talked about it for a couple of weeks before hand. He had a live in girlfriend that the rest of us guys knew was a bisch -- a really hot gymnast, drill team, cheerleading bisch a few years before.

If that happened today, your buddy wouldn't see daylight for a long time--some prosecutors/DA's have made their careers focusing on DV charges..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

I do not believe a felon should ever be able to vote.

The liberals in this state drive me crazy.

What does it take to lose your citizenship rights?

I suppose they have to get the votes to legalize some form of dope from somewhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard this past year we got an additional 20,000 new laws on the books. In fact, we have so many laws, no one really knows how many there are.

Just doesn't seem like I want a govt that recklessly makes laws for every whim their tiny little minds can think of telling me I can't vote because I broke one of their millions of laws

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

I do not believe a felon should ever be able to vote.

The liberals in this state drive me crazy.

What does it take to lose your citizenship rights?

I suppose they have to get the votes to legalize some form of dope from somewhere.

These days it seems like everybody wants to criminalize something--they ain't happy if they aren't taking away somebody's rights........and the government is always willing to oblige--it gives them more power over its citizens.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Consider this,

A friend and I had planned on going coon hunting one Saturday night many years ago. We talked about it for a couple of weeks before hand. He had a live in girlfriend that the rest of us guys knew was a bisch -- a really hot gymnast, drill team, cheerleading bisch a few years before.

If that happened today, your buddy wouldn't see daylight for a long time--some prosecutors/DA's have made their careers focusing on DV charges..........

Casey

SHE would have been the one charged in my AO.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NH K9
Consider this,

Casey

George

At best, they would have both been charged, and the prosecutors would let her plea bargain to running a stop sign (or something equally ridiculous) or suspended sentence, and they would have thrown the book at him--all men are abusers in the eyes of the liberal legal system--didn't you know that?

These days, you spit sideways in front of the girlfriend/spouse, and she complains to police, you're screwed. And believe me, I've seen some utterly ridiculous arrests AND prosecutions over DV.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by NH K9
Consider this,

Casey

George

At best, they would have both been charged, and the prosecutors would let her plea bargain to running a stop sign (or something equally ridiculous) or suspended sentence, and they would have thrown the book at him--all men are abusers in the eyes of the liberal legal system--didn't you know that?

These days, you spit sideways in front of the girlfriend/spouse, and she complains to police, you're screwed. And believe me, I've seen some utterly ridiculous arrests AND prosecutions over DV.

Casey

I hope your talking generally for your area. If so, sucks to be in your area.

I'll say it again: Given the scenario provided, with a witness no less, SHE would have been arrested as the primary physical aggressor here. No discussion, no bullchit, no mutual combat issue. SHE would have been arrested.

No crime, no arrest regardless of what you wish to believe about spitting sideways in front of the wife/girlfriend.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think if he would of called the law instead of going hunting, he would of had a better chance, and she may have been convicted. Tom didn't think nothing would come of it, (we didn't ever expect her to be at the hospital getting x-rays), so he went hunting. Little did we know that the Sheriff's Dept. had been looking for him all night. The judge asked him Monday if he wanted to press charges on her, and Tom told him "no", he just wanted her gone -- probably another mistake. It didn't help at court that he had no pictures of his wounds and bruises either, or a doctors slip. His word hardly counted, mine saved his bacon IMHO.

A guy holds up a store with a gun or something like that and I agree -- all felonies, then I don't.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right after they pass the 7500 volt test standing in water.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws".

Ayn Rand

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by blinddog1
A few types of felonies, sure, but remember who makes the laws. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 31 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,066
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.