Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here's a good question for the campfire. I'm sure it differs where you live. I was at the rod and gun club last night. I was sitting with my back to the room, and all of a sudden, two people landed on me, and I got punched in the shoulder. I thought for a second that someone tripped and stumbled into me. Two guys were fighting. I got up and grabbed one. While I had him, the other guy kept punching him. I didn't think that was sporting, so I let my guy go. Now people are grabbing the other guy, and yelling at me for letting mine go. They threw him outside into the snow while I talked to my guy. If you pull a guy off someone and that someone starts pounding on him, is it proper to let go of your guy. Are you in the wrong to hold him while another guy is beating on him? I forget.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
proper etiquette is to jump in and have at it

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At the places I go, I'm never presented with this question.

But your avatar looks like a friend of mine.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been in exactly 1 bar fight. UP - logger's bar. I don't remember much but going out the door quick with the 4 guys I came in with. (kicked people out when I was bouncin but not a brawl situation)

I would say - if you grab and can hold onto one, let him go and simply get out of the way. Too much police BS later if it comes to that.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Throw him back and try for a bigger one!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TooDogs
proper etiquette is to jump in and have at it

That's the way we do it up here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Chuck em both out the door.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Does the one you have owe ya any money???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go hit on his girlfriend while he gets his azzz kicked. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like the high school I teach at. Except they like to fight in front of crime stoppers so it will get broken up quickly..lol

PS: I don't break up fights there any more.. No matter what you do you are wrong. People love to second guess from the cheap seats.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a bartender for 20 years and our protocall was protect the women and call the cops.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah? And who protected the women from the bartenders? wink

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The guy you grab will always get whacked by the "ungrabbed" guy.

If the guy's not a friend, don't get in the middle, just hit on his girl as suggested above.

If the guy is a friend, always grab the other guy. At worst, your friend gets in a few before it breaks up.

Your friend will never forgive you for his getting his ass kicked by the other guy while you held him and "broke up the fight".

Last edited by Fubarski; 01/06/10.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rob p
Here's a good question for the campfire. I'm sure it differs where you live. I was at the rod and gun club last night. I was sitting with my back to the room, and all of a sudden, two people landed on me, and I got punched in the shoulder. I thought for a second that someone tripped and stumbled into me. Two guys were fighting. I got up and grabbed one. While I had him, the other guy kept punching him. I didn't think that was sporting, so I let my guy go. Now people are grabbing the other guy, and yelling at me for letting mine go. They threw him outside into the snow while I talked to my guy. If you pull a guy off someone and that someone starts pounding on him, is it proper to let go of your guy. Are you in the wrong to hold him while another guy is beating on him? I forget.

You did exactly right--heck, I would've punched the other guy a couple times to just get things back to even.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Yeah? And who protected the women from the bartenders? wink

I was a proffesional,I only lifted them by the breasts because it was the quickest way to get them out of danger. whistle

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had a riot at one of the schools I taught at. A drug dealer gave a football player some LSD to sell, and he gave it away to all his friends. The dealer came in with his friends, and ball bats, and hockey sticks to get the kid. All the football players poured out the rooms and a riot ensued. The police came in and closed off my side of the school (400 kids total) and ordered us to go to the fight where we kept kids they pulled off from rejoining the fight. They had to turn their backs to them to pull the crowd apart and insisted we watch them. A girl threw a hot cup of coffee in one teacher's face. Another got punched in the face by a guy with a fist full of keys. I just stood there and told the kids I'd been waiting all year for a chance to get a hold of them (with a smile, of course) and they sat Indian style on the floor kind of like a little cheering section. There were over 40 arrests, and I lost about 30 students for two weeks.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I told him, he was a lot heavier than he looked when I picked him off the floor. He gave me one of those I ran out of Zoloft yesterday looks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess that depends on the club rules, wouldn't it? smile Is this the same "club" at which you had the trailer hitch stolen from your truck? It sounds like anything goes. Not worth getting in the middle.

You don't really know the answer to your question unless you know who is right and who is wrong in the confrontation. Theoretically, forcing someone to be a punching bag doesn't sound right, but I could articulate circumstances where it may be the right thing to do.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't see too many fights... fighting is for kids. Men get a bit more serious if they get mad enough to fight, and the loser generally don't walk away smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was presented with a similar situation on New Year's Eve. Me and about 5 other friends decided to play football while intoxicated on my buddy's asphalt driveway (a story in and of itself). Anyway, two buddies essentially tackled each other, and the one tried biting the other on the nose and throwing punches. I pulled my friend who got bit away, with the other one chasing. I told the aggressor to stop and walk away, but he decided to rip my shirt off instead. So, I punched him the face and he hit the dirt. He got up again and started chasing me. He isn't exactly a small guy, about 5'9" 240lbs and benches over 400lbs. I told him to stay away but he wouldn't, at which point I threw him to the ground and punched him a few times. He cooled down after that and we kept on celebrating.

So, I guess pull the guys apart, and if you get hit you can go ahead and brawl, too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.