Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How many people use Timney Triggers?

I'm thinking of putting one on my Remington 700 SA when I re-build.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have more than a few of them in M700's.

Like them a lot!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've only got one installed in a rifle, but I love the trigger. In fact, I just ordered another one through Midway. They're on sale for $105 plus there is a $10 off $100 coupon floating around out there to offset any shipping costs.

-Dan

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
i put timneys in all my rugers!!!

Perserverance is a virtue,,,unless your an idiot
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by derby_dude
How many people use Timney Triggers?

I'm thinking of putting one on my Remington 700 SA when I re-build.

I have Timney's in all of my Mauser rifles, and one in a Rem 700. I also have some Rifle Basix triggers in Rem 700's. Both makes are equally great; the breaks are as good as it gets.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If the cost was the same for all, how do the Timney & the Rifle Basix triggers compare to the Jewell trigger?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jewells are better triggers then either Timney or Rifle BaSix, but they are also doubt the price. IF the costs were equal, it would be no contest, Jewells by a country mile.

Jeff

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought and installed a Timney in my Weatherby Vanguard SubMOA soon after I got the rifle- the factory trigger was horrible.

The Timney is a great trigger, plus it offers a three-position safety instead of the two position on the factory setup.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Jewells are better triggers then either Timney or Rifle BaSix, but they are also doubt the price. IF the costs were equal, it would be no contest, Jewells by a country mile.

Jeff

I can't agree.

I've had two different Jewells with noticeable creep in them before the shot breaks. And I was NOT impressed that I had to pay to have them "fixed" when I sent them back. mad

I put Jewells in the same category as McMillan stocks on this forum... good products, but at the top of the price range, for oftentimes a product that is no better than equal, with a blind unwavering following, lots of times by guys who don't own either, but "would love to based on everything they hear". crazy

FWIW, I have Timneys, Shilens (both hunting and competition models), and Jewells. For my money, I'll take Shilen, then Timney (close), then Jewell. Especially after factoring in price.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Have Timneys on four rifles. Work like charm.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Jewell's Seem to Shine when Their Under a Pound. That Being Said I Run a Timney on Mine. Both are Good.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got 4 rifles with Timney triggers and have been impressed with most of thier products. I put a Timney trigger on a CZ 452 and don't think it's as good as it could be. The ones on my Mausers, Ruger M77 and AR-15 are very nice. I have a Jewell on a Remington 700 and it's a nicer trigger, it should be.

Terry

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a custom Arisaka that I have been considering
putting a Timney trigger on.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jewells and Shilens are all I need. Just depends on the budget at the time.

Rick
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have Timney on my P-17 in 308 NM don't have any complaints.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I put a 2# Timney in my 700 308. Sweet.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had Timney install one in my Ruger 77 .223 at their factory in AZ. They were fast and professional. The cost is fair, the trigger is great. Less than one day turnaround when you show up in person.

You can't miss fast enough to win!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've swapped out a bunch of triggers on a bunch of my rifles with Timneys and have absolutely nothing but praise for them.

Timney's rock.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Jeff

I can't agree.

I've had two different Jewells with noticeable creep in them before the shot breaks. And I was NOT impressed that I had to pay to have them "fixed" when I sent them back. mad

I put Jewells in the same category as McMillan stocks on this forum... good products, but at the top of the price range, for oftentimes a product that is no better than equal, with a blind unwavering following, lots of times by guys who don't own either, but "would love to based on everything they hear". crazy

FWIW, I have Timneys, Shilens (both hunting and competition models), and Jewells. For my money, I'll take Shilen, then Timney (close), then Jewell. Especially after factoring in price.

Ditto on the Jewell's. I had similar creep issues with them, and I don't even coinsider them when upgrading a factory trigger today. For me, it's either a Timney, or a Rifle Basix. I had only used Timney's till a couple of years ago when Rick Bin recommended the Rifle Basix's. I bought one based on his reecommendation, and can say up front that they are a top drawer trigger. The breaks are awesome. I just assembled a Rifle Basix for a new Rem 700 SA in 222(Trigger came w/o the safety, so I installed it), and I could never conceive of a better break... It's AWESOME!!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 224th, 257man, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,397
Posts18,527,885
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.