I stopped by Express Rifle Co. today to find out what was going on since the unfortunate death of Robert Bastow.<P>The employees have bought the company and intend to drive ahead with the rifle-building project. <P>The new General Manager is Matthew Smith and the sales/technical associate is Sande Bailes. They are going through the ATF licensing process to change the name over from Robert to Matthew. Both of them are extremely nice and really look forward to continuing Robert�s dream of building rifles. The rest of the crew are all equally as nice and well seasoned machinists. The first models to come out will be marked, The Robert Bastow �Teenut� Special Edition. I really think that is classy!!<P>They are currently taking orders and will build the rifles made to order, both left and right hand models. Contact them for more details.<P>Sande told me that Mrs. Bastow received over 5,000 e-mails expressing condolences and was responding to them. That shows the bond between hunters and shooters around the world and almost made me choke up a little!<P>Michael Sera is doing the final design work. Sande said that Robert spent his last days going over drawings and discussing the rifle plans with Michael and that they are ready to put the wheels in motion.<P>I gave them the websites for the two or three places I saw Robert post and if you are reading this than this site was one of them! They will be coming online to keep us up to date or will be e-mailing/calling me to post updates.<P>I think everyone should let them know how much we look forward to their rifles and show them some support! Some of the employees have turned down other, safer, jobs and put it on the line for this company they now own. I for one appreciate that a lot and can�t wait to place my own order.<P>The company is a full-fledged tool and die machine shop and is sustaining itself buy doing that type of work. To order, tell them how much you appreciate them, or just to give them some encouragement e-mail:<BR>mseramindspring.com<P>Mike<BR>

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member