-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have for sale a new in the box Winchester Mod. 70 XTR Sporter chambered for the 6.5x55 cartridge. Please note, this is NOT the more common XTR FWT Featherweight Sporter. This rifle was made in the mid-1980's and has spent its entire life in a gun safe in the original box with all the original paperwork, warranty, warranty card, and instruction manual. The rifle is in mint condition except for a small scuff on the left side of the stock below the rear receiver ring and spot of bluing that is a little tarnished on the sight hood where it appears to have rested against the inside of the box. (Both pictured) The old gentleman from whom the rifle came told me that Winchester made the standard XTR Sporter in 6.5x55 for export to Sweden for the Swedish and that only 80-100 were shipped within the U.S. I do not know if that is true or not, and have no way to substantiate this statement, so take it at face value. I do know that I cannot find any rifle or reference to this rifle in this particular caliber & model anywhere. The rifle retains the original hang tag and all the paperwork. It has open sights on the barrel and is factory drilled and tapped for a receiver sight. Also, the barrel appears to be slightly heavier than a standard sporter weight barrel typically found on Mod. 70�s. I�ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. If you want additional pictures, just drop me a note. $1000.00

Rifle will be double boxed so as to retain and protect the original box. Must ship to an FFL, but I WILL NOT ship to one of the FFL's who requires the rifle be shipped FROM another FFL. Would consider a FTF in North Texas. Shipping $35.00. Three day non-firing inspection, buyer pays return shipping. NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/308Scout/Auctions/70XTR2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/308Scout/Auctions/70XTR3.jpg[/img]

e-mail ggibbs08@yahoo.com or call 940-733-1826

Last edited by 35WhelenNut; 01/10/10. Reason: Edited description

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Also e-mail ggibbssbcglobal.net

"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
Must ship to an FFL, but I WILL NOT ship to one of the FFL's who requires the rifle be shipped FROM another FFL...NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA.

Seeing as you are not an FFL holder, you can ship to CA without having to deal with any special regulations or fees.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Bump with price reduced to $900. You WILL NOT find this rifle in the Blue Book of Gun Values, Gun Trader guide, or any other firearms price guide.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Off to the auction!

NRA Life Member
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
any trades

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I really have all the rifles I need, and then some! My suggestion to some others who have had firearms to trade is to sell their trade items and apply the cash toward the rifle.
Thanks,
35WN

NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.