-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know y'all hate on my A-bolt but I do have a B 92 in 44mag I will get down right fiesty about. Love that thing- opinions??? Wife has a buckmark 22 pistol I rather like too. No - I am not a Browning slut nor have a buckmark sticker on my truck....but thinking abuot getting one now.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have only owned 2 Brownings, one that BDM 9mm pistol that came out in the early 90s-that thing was a piece of junk, no other way to put it.
I also owned(can't remember the name) a Browning 22 rifle semiauto, that ejected spent cases downward, of all things.
Not impressed with that either.

The above being said, I would not mind a Citori 28ga or an Auto5 sometime.

I have no need or desire to own an 'A-bort.'

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
can we really say "Browning Made" about anything??? After the first 20 single shots in 1880 or whenever it was, has the browning company ever actually manufactured anything?

JBM invented or at least popularized outsourcing and offshore outsourcing.

at first he sold designs to winchester and other companies

then he went to Belgium and got the factory or factories in Liege to manufacture products that he imported and sold with his name on them.

to this day that is Browning's primary business model.

Most manually operated long guns are made in japan, by Miroko I believe (except for some high end O/U shotguns). This includes the A-bolt, the Citori, the winchester reproductions etc. Most semi-auto long guns are made in europe by FN I think (browning's parent company). the HP pistol is marked Belgium/Portugal.

I don't know where in the US the .22 pistols are made, those actually could be designed by Browning Engineers and made in a browning owned plant.

Offshore outsourcing is a modern business practice. That doesn't make it right (nor does my political opinion necessarily make it wrong).

But I have a personal ethical problem with putting my name on something designed or built by someone else.

Is it not fraud or plagiarism to put the Browning name on a product built by miroku? Or to wear a Miroku employee badge and stamp Browning on something you just built? (Or to put the motorola name on something made by flextronics?, or the Chevrolet name on something made by Daiwoo? or whatever... the possibilities are endless)

just an opinion.

Poole

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I owned an A-Bolt 280 for a while. It shot fine, but I could not get over some of the things about. Mainly the angular receiver just didn't look right. I also own an early Citori which I always thought was too heavy and kind of clubbish. On the other hand, I have a 1960's era High Power that is a work of art. Feeds smoothly, is beautifully finished and balances in my hand perfectly. Then I made the mistake of buying a 2005 High Power 40 S&W. Piece of junk, no balance and looked like it was finished with a paint brush. Big disappointment!

Kevin Haile
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I must say that even though I have never had any problems with the A-Bolts I own, I will be carrying a M70 Winchester, a Browning Safari, a M77 Ruger, or a custom Mauser when I go out to Alaska, Colorado, Canada, or any other place out of state for a hunting trip.

I have a .325WSM A-Bolt that is light and accurate as a laser but that kicks worse than any gun I have.

edit: You want a real piece of strange gun design from a mainstream company? Look at a Browning B2000. I have one that belonged to my uncle and can understand why they quit making that model.

Last edited by Notropis; 01/13/10.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
edit: You want a real piece of strange gun design from a mainstream company? Look at a Browning B2000. I have one that belonged to my uncle and can understand why they quit making that model.

Had one of those fine POS 20 gauge when I owned a really great Brittany. Good thing that dog held his points well because it was essentially a single shot.. Sent it back to Browning after visiting a service center and they could not consistently get it to repeat fire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

And John Browning was long dead before the A-Bolt took over from the BBR which took over from a Mauser.

IIRC, both the BBR & the A-Bolt were designed by a little slanty eyed Nipponese................& all of them were/are from the land of the rising sun.

Never owned one so I could be wrong (1st time, LOL)

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Aqualung
You also seem to be missing that Browning is a very big name because of PSE's archery line as well.

Browning bows (made by PSE) have been very popular over the years...and I don't think that JMB had much to do with compound bows wink

Aqualung

Fixt it for ya

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those stickers remind me for the most part of white trash with money. "I don't know anything about guns, but my rifle's shiny and expensive..."

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
got a buckmark tattoo on my arm. i do like browning but the symbol stands for my love of the outdoors, for freedom (it's red white and blue) and for love of my country.

maybe that's what some people stick 'em on the car for.

i do need to buy a browning though, gotta match ya know.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Those stickers remind me for the most part of white trash with money. "I don't know anything about guns, but my rifle's shiny and expensive..."

Man, that DEFINES a guy that I know,....he's got a really BADLY injured shoulder,....but will NOT abandon his Weatherby Manglum
(with which he can't hit jack, I've NEVER seen a worse flinch)
....over a few cold ones, the mystique of that rifle grows to legendary proportions,......

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question:

Why would a rifle someone buys with their own money concern some far northern idiot?

Answer:

I don't know, ask Sitka Deer.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
JohnMoses
Not sure where that came from, but expect no quarter.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
o.k., then how about a dollar?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sitka, you trouble maker you. I did indeed already know JB's history, but you did bring a smile to my face with your post. smile

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect there are many that would agree there is some irony there. wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sitka, you trouble maker you.

LOL! I agree!

Also, I'll never understand why someone would want to own a rifle made in Japan.
That's akin to wanting a samurai sword made in America or Belgium.

It's just not the real thing

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
o.k., then how about a dollar?

Guessing you are not the brightest and likely bought one of those fancy glossy A-Borts and feel all protective... And at the same time go to church on Sunday and listen to the denunciation of "cults". I can see where that might stress someone with a lack of balance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never understood why some men behave like little ol' ladies tending to someone elses business.

Don't let it bother you.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I see where you are pearly white on that count.... Not!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 13,598 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,275
Posts18,545,044
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.