Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3642532 01/04/10
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hi Ya'll,

I have a business trip to go on in Feb to Cabo San Lucas. Is the billfish fishing there at that time of year good? OK? Worth spending an extra day and the charter fee then? I am lifetime 0 for 4 on my attempts for a billfish. Thanks in advance for the help.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
safariman,

with the prices in cabo it is always worth it. Yes, some months are better than others, but there are always some hanging around. stripeys and sails in feb should be good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Safraiman,

It has been red hot lately but it is getting late in the season...cooler waters are on the way.....

I suggest you check the forums on bloodydecks.com.....loads of Baja guys on there.

Good luck

Vernesto

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to both of you for the input. I will look at the bloodydecks website later this evening.

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Safariman,

If the testosterone level is too high on Bloodydecks, check out Allcoast Sportfishing forum.....very knowledgeable saltwater guys and absolute gear experts lurking there.

If you fish, please give me a report when you return.....I fish LaPaz and Mag Bay 2-3 times a year and these long winters really get me to dreaming about warm water fishing...

Vernesto

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looked at and joined Bloodydecks last night. Could not post a query looking for a good boat and captain but maybe because my new membership had not been fully processed yet. Did the e-mail URL thing and all, will try again later.

Testosterone level too high??? Surely you jest! These seem to be my kinds of guys.

MAybe it will be time for another trip to Cabo for YOU in Feb as well!?!?!

I think I will try to meet up with one or two Baja guys who live or nearly live there while I am down in their baliwick.

Thanks again a bunch, MARK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I'm a bit older or the snow is so deep my testosterone levels have backed off a bit.....there are a good bunch of fishermen on Bloody Decks.......and you will get several replies from charter operators as business is hurting down there.

I have focused on LaPaz the last two decades as I like some of the alternative fisheries there.....inshore fishing for roosters and cubera turns my crank.

And LaPaz is less "touristy"......no bother from trinket salesmen.....etc....

Tight Lines!
Vernesto

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark,

I've had my best luck dealing with Gringo operated charter services.....there is a lot of deceit and BS involved in some of the local captains....an exception is Minerva....Minerva owns a tackle store close to the marina and she is Mexican American....runs a good outfit and owns a few boats herself...

Vernesto

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Mark,

for light tackle or fly I highly recommend Baja Anglers. Right at the south end of the marina.

djd

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SM,
You've probably already checked the Cabo fishing calendars, if not here's link to one of them:

http://www.mexfish.com/cbsl/cbsl/cbslseasons/cbslseasons.htm

Griceladas Smokehouse will vacuum pack and freeze any fish you want to bring home @ $1.50/lb (if its not offerd by the charter service).

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,858
Posts18,478,546
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.