Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
I don't know who here on the campfire knows SharpShooter personally or even who is close enough geographically to make the services, but for those who wish to do so, there will be a Rosary at 7:00 PM tomorrow, 17 Jan at the Starbuck Funeral Home in Merkel, Texas. The funeral will be held at Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church at 10:00 AM, Monday, 18 Jan in Merkel.

Lisa expressed her deepest gratitude for the outpouring of love and prayers from so many. She took heart in the fact that Josh had touched so many in such a positive way.

May God bless you all,

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Bump for anyone that needs info on time and place.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is there a link you could provide to indicate a preferred way to honor Josh? An old cowboys' home or something? smile
Thanks for getting the information out.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don�t know him or remember his posts, but his family is in my prayers.

Can you tell us a little about who he was, and what made him special to you?

Joel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Greetings, Campfire Hunters.
I am Lisa, Josh's wife, and have been reading your posts on this and a few other sites. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, thoughts, stories, and prayers. Josh was such a special man who touched so many lives. He never knew how much he was loved or stopped to think about it. He simply blazed the trail forward creating new memories and friendships whereever he went.

I am fortunate that he shared with me so much about what he had going on with you all when we drove the ranch roads every evening to check on the cows and horses, feed deer, and just be together after our work day. I was fortunate to have met some of you while with others I got to follow the conversations on the phone or computer. Our lives were enriched by your presence and our home was more lively because of your passions.

He loved me more than I knew was possible. He gave me everything, a beautiful home, a wonderful life, a trip to Africa for 26 days where I had his complete attention, and his unwaivering loyalty. He was the first man I met in college, then still 17 years old. I knew on the first date that he was "the one." That has never changed after 26 years, 23 of that in marriage. I will miss him more than I can imagine. He was everything to me. He made me his "Princess!"

God bless you all for your kindness and friendship to him.
Keep your powder dry,
Lisa

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Lisa...What a beautiful touch from your keyboard!

Think about staying with us!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It will be hard for awhile. But your husband will live in your memory. From your post it sounds like you have a marriage second to none. In order to be a great husband, there needs to be a great wife. There is no question this is true with your marriage. There are so many great people here at the campfire, that I know you will never be alone. It was great to see you post as Sharpshooter. It would be great if, from time to time, you would chime in and let us know how you are doing. Peace of Christ be with you!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

Please do.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is very beautiful Ma'am. Know he is missed here and you are in our prayers.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lisa,

Our hearts go out to you.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Yes...please do...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mrs. Lisa,

I agree with the others that we would be honored by your presence. I am sure Sharpshooter would agree that we need someone like you to bring up our average.

Be forewarned that you should keep both eyes the others that posted before me. They are a shady bunch and not to be trusted.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yes...please do...

Ingwe

Please at least check in and let us know you and the family are doing well.
God bless you all.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you all kindly for your generous invitation and words of sympathy. It would be an honor to join your group, no matter how shady Longbob warns me you are:) Please know in advance, I will have very little to add in the way of ballistics, technique or anything that requires real knowledge, but I wouldn't mind throwing in if I see something Josh would have liked to comment on as a way to honor him. Be warned, you might get more Josh stories than you really wanted to hear!

Right now his family and I are maintaining and are still trying to accept this as reality. I still believe he is going to walk in from hunting in the pasture about dark every evening with one of his beautiful Sharps or Martini and Hagn rifles in his hand and another dead wild hog laying in the field. May I just say, I accept God's plan, but I don't like it one bit!!!
Josh's African Princess,
Lisa

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some mighty fine words you spoke of your husband m'am

I'm sure he'd be honored by them.

Am very sorry for your family's loss.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SharpsShooter
Be warned, you might get more Josh stories than you really wanted to hear!

Right now his family and I are maintaining and are still trying to accept this as reality. I still believe he is going to walk in from hunting in the pasture about dark every evening with one of his beautiful Sharps or Martini and Hagn rifles in his hand and another dead wild hog laying in the field. May I just say, I accept God's plan, but I don't like it one bit!!!
Josh's African Princess,
Lisa

Please do share........You have a prayer from Maine headed your way.

Stay strong as you heal from the unthinkable.

Take care,
Mark

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Please know in advance, I will have very little to add in the way of ballistics, technique or anything that requires real knowledge,

Don't let that give you pause, you'll fit with about 95% that post in the Campfire section.

Wishing you all the best.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Please know in advance, I will have very little to add in the way of ballistics, technique or anything that requires real knowledge,

Don't let that give you pause, you'll fit with about 95% that post in the Campfire section.

Wishing you all the best.

Right on and the other 5% are ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink smile wink smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.