Why are you being punished?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
I have to drink light beer now

Why are you being punished?

Tortured, more like...
eek

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Youse guys got that right (punished,tortured). It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight. But I won't do Coors silver bullets or Keystone. A man's got to draw the line somewhere. Life is good.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Have become a very large fan of New Belgium Brewery. Fat Tire is a medium / darkish brew with both a great initial taste and aftertaste. Could stand it a bit heavier but it's good. 1554 is a very, very nice truly dark and 2 Below is a bit hoppy winter ale (6.6%)that has really grown on me. All is above 5% with true flavor. Of course I'm more in the dark ale, porter, stout corner than the flavored water that passes for beer coming out of most breweries. That's becoming the brewery version of the Encore rifle (Everybody else buys it, YOU should too!!). Give me beer you can chew.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Living just down the road from the New Belgium Brewery, I also partake in my fair share of Fat Tires smile

I am also a huge fan of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Pale Ale, Torpedo, and IPA. I grew up in Chico and worked at that Brewery while in college for a spell as well.

I am also a big Redhook fan and love their IPA. Bridgeport brewery also makes a good IPA and Stone makes a good pale ale and IPA blush

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Living just down the road from the New Belgium Brewery, I also partake in my fair share of Fat Tires

Tell them I'll drink more if they can get the price down laugh.
Around here a six-pack goes for $8.99 and a 12 for $15.99 to $16.99. But the dang stuff grows on you.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight.

Gotcha, but I'd rather drink half as much real beer. In fact that's pretty much what I'm doing anyway compared to the folks swilling down the "lites" at the BBQ, seafood boil or whatever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spartacus
If you were to have a nice Red Beer, would it matter to you which beer you used.
Tell, what do you like..

Keystone Light and low sodium V8....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For a red, Gordon from Oskar Blues. Duck 911, you should check it out since it's local. 8 % alcohol.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The new Oskar Blues in Longmont is 300 feet from my work, so fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I have had my fair share of their brew, too!!!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like mine with Modelo Especial, lime juice, Maggi Sauce, low sodium tomato juice, and a couple dashes of hot sauce.

I used to use bloody mary mix, but 5 oz of that stuff has 54% of your daily allowance of sodium.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight.

Gotcha, but I'd rather drink half as much real beer. In fact that's pretty much what I'm doing anyway compared to the folks swilling down the "lites" at the BBQ, seafood boil or whatever.

That's how I feel as well. When I head out to the college bars, you mostly see folks swilling the pitchers of cat pizz light. I'd rather spend the same on real beer, personally. A good brown ale or IPA is hard to beat in my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spotted Cow.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Spotted Cow.

That stuff makes it all the way to WA?

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alaskan Amber, Yuengling, or Dos Equuis

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yuengling has become my favorite.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Plan to have a Flying Dog Pale Ale with my steak tonight.Also,am planning to hit one of the micro breweries tomorrow nite with a hunting bud.I always have one of the old stand-bys like a porter or stout,and then something new.If my wife goes and will drive,I'll try another.At 22oz and 6%+ I limit myself to two and a meal.Boy,becomming mature sucks! Lightman

lightman
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The pee/buzz ratio is way to high with beer for me to get too involved with it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by lightman
I always have one of the old stand-bys like a porter or stout,and then something new.If my wife goes and will drive,I'll try another.At 22oz and 6%+ I limit myself to two and a meal.Boy,becomming mature sucks! Lightman

Diddo. Two is where I limit when drinking the large size premiums drafts. If I go for a third, then a buzz is on and only time makes that go away. I really don't make it to the pub too frequently though.

Like others here have said, I see no reason to settle for the lesser stuff. I'd rather savor a few premiums, then swill a twelve pack.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1234, 1minute, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.