Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Plinker
Good post hotsoup.......I agree with you.

I agree with hotsoup too........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hotsoup
a thriving society must have a sound family structure to grow and prosper. everything begins with the family. through welfare and numerous other social programs, we have reshaped our society into one which not only doesn't need a father, but is penalized (financially) when a father is in the household. regardless of what else we might do to float the ship, we will continue to founder until the family unit is complete and functioning as God designed. ymmv

I'm not sure I agree a family is penalized financially when the father is in the home. Maybe if he's a deadbeat bum, but, otherwise I can't think of a situation where this would be true anymore. Once, when welfare was more prevalent and easy, it might have been, but believe those days are past.

I agree the family is the cornerstone of civilization but what do we do? It becomes hard choice/tough love time and most don't have the stones for that. For those women who pop kids out without regard for their ability to support them, will we remove the kids from that mom and have her sterilized? Will we have a government agency work with her to see the kids are taken care of and she begins using contraceptives effectively? How about a church or other group like acorn, if we believe the government incapable?

Most of the "conservatives" on this board would do nothing. Don't take their money to find a solution. It's not their problem. I don't like the thought of my money being used by those who manufacture their own problems, either but the fact is this is everyone's problem and we will rise or fall based on our ability to effect a viable solution.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where's Charles Bronson when you need him, eh? laugh

There comes a question from all of this, at least to me. We can blame whoever we want, cops, judges, corporations and so forth. We can also blame the ignorance which keeps these little cankers thriving in the midst of such economic engines as Detroit. (OK, I'm being flippant) Anyway, the question is what do we do about it? One thing clearly demonstrated that what we (the collective) has done is fail. Do we keep repeating the failed attempt or get over our insanity?

On a personal level, not living with this at the moment and don't expect to. If I am wrong however, I will not tolerate it, even if it leads to a warm embrace with an attorney. Everyone has standards, that's mine. Keep your chitt in your ghetto and out of my life...then we'll get along for the time being.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasRick
No one wants to admit it or say it out load (hell, I'm uncomfortable with the idea and I KNOW it's true), but the beginning of the end of the society and life we once knew (and wish we could recover) was inevitable after the late 1950's and through the 1960's.

The reason our society has gone down-hill and the reason inner cities are all "war zones" is caused by the end of segregation and the civil rights movement. It is distasteful for me to say that as I DO believe in equal rights for all people and "freedom"......but facts are facts.

Any area that has a high percentage of "undesirables" who believe they have legal/political protection from any control.....will soon become a "war zone". That's why small town/rural areas in middle America are still great places to live......not enough "undesirables" to screw up the system.

Am I advocating a return to segregation and oppression of "undesirables"??.....no. If you allow the "government" to oppress ANY group, even if you agree with the results obtained......you are well on the way to the "government" oppressing ALL citizens and groups......even the ones YOU belong to.

There is no good solution to th problem, but that's why we are seeing the things we see tday. It never happened as long as there was segregation and un-equal rights for "undesirable" groups....FACT!

What you are seeing today in the inner cities is the future of ALL America if these "undesirables" continue to gain political power......so go to the polls and VOTE!! If you want to see the future, look at what's happened in Africa with the end of colonial control in the 50's and 60's......a cess pool that just keeps getting worse.

Or put a simpler way, minorities have been taught they don't stand a chance, they are in a hopeless situation, they are victims of race and injustice.

This manifests anger and violence

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
as much as we all love individual rights, over indulging in that has led to some of our social ills.
"It's all about me" does not make for a good society.

Finding that perfect mix of societal rights, versus individual rights is the trick. We are not there yet.

Sam......

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The day we took God out of everyday life, removing morality from public discourse, and replacing family with government "help", is the day the U.S. began it's steepest social decline. Thank you Madeline Murray O'Hare. Turns out it was working pretty good.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by bender
The day we took God out of everyday life, removing morality from public discourse, and replacing family with government "help", is the day the U.S. began it's steepest social decline. Thank you Madeline Murray O'Hare. Turns out it was working pretty good.
Exactly right.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some very valid and good points here, but I believe it all boils down to what bender just posted above.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Welfare mentality, a sue happy society, and the liberal movement and add in the race card and the slave mentality of the blacks that you owe us a living because some of our ancestors where slave and the growing drug trade and you have the problems across America we have today. The young think, why should i get a education and a job when all i have to do is sell drugs, get welfare and do nothing. I don't see this getting better just worst.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by bender
Exactly right.

I agree with this also, but this present day lunacy also exists because we FUND it; thinking it was moral to do so, because even ethical people think money is all that Haiti needs....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in UAE a few years ago and had to catch a plane about 2:30 am. While riding to the airport in a taxi, I saw a young couple pushing a shopping cart full of groceries through an area of about 6-8 empty square blocks. The roads were there, but no buildings of any kind and no lights. I made the statement to the driver that they wouldnt be out like that in the US. He said he had lived in the US and agreed with me. I asked about the crime in Dubai, and he said it was almost non-existent. He said if they were robbed and no one was hurt, they would just 'cut off one of the robbers hands' for the FIRST OFFENSE. If someone was hurt, then it would be up to the judge to decide how severe the punishment would be.

Dont get me started on the penal system in the US... it sucks!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, let's emulate the Muslims. I bet their women ain't all uppity either.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We need more "Clint's" like in the movie Grand Torino.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
People have short memories. Large cities have been war zones for the past 500 years, it's just better publicized now thanks to electronic media. Read up on the Irish gangs in New York and Boston during the 19th century, and don't forget the Mafia problems in the 1920's and 30's in Chicago. It's a different world in these large cities than what most of us are used to dealing with. Any time you have large populations of poor young men crammed into a small area you're always going to have a jockeying for power, it's human nature. I'll agree that today's major gang ethnicities, blacks and latinos, tend to be a bit more violent than some past gangs, but not by much. The sicilians were running people through meat grinders a long time ago.

As much as we like to think that this is a new problem, it's really not. The main players have changed a little, but the essence is the same. It just gets more publicity now that there are TV cameras everywhere and we have a subset of the population that's fascinated with sitting around watching these cop shows where they go around rousting gang members.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good post. LBJs "Great Society" jump started the situation we've got today.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The reason our society has gone down-hill and the reason inner cities are all "war zones" is caused by the end of segregation and the civil rights movement. It is distasteful for me to say that as I DO believe in equal rights for all people and "freedom"......but facts are facts.

What? There was no crime before minorities??? No prostitute, thief and drug-ridden London slums for CENTURIES??, no Irish gangs doing the same in New York??

The problem is folks here have no experience with all-White societies, I do, I spent my childhood in working-class England before the WOG invasion.

Today I'd look at modern Russia.

Birdwatcher

we're not talking about Russia....obviously in Russia, the criminals are Russian.

"major cities" and "inner city" and "urban" are just PC code for blacks and Mexicans. The War Zone label is really not applicable to those major cities which happen to have an overwhelmingly white, US citizen population, nor even to the white portions of overwhelmingly minority cities.

I live in a 2/3 blacks city....in one of the nicer "urban" neighborhoods in America. But there are places less than two miles from my house I wouldn't walk at night without a rifle squad for backup.

unfortunately, Bird, it is a black/mexican thing....the black murder rate is, like eight times the white rate in the US. You can do your liberal two step around that, and blame whitey, or slave owners that have been dead for a hundred and fifty years, but that's the fact.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Or put a simpler way, minorities have been taught they don't stand a chance, they are in a hopeless situation, they are victims of race and injustice.

Spot on.
I worked in Dallas for a few years,Oak Cliff,Cockerel Hill,and Fair Park. These areas are very high crime and were populated by Black folks and Mexicans. Most Mexicans took care of their homes. Most Blacks lived in filth... There was tremendous tension between these two groups and you could actually feel it.
The entitlement mentality was almost exclusively a Black thing. The family is not a big part of the American Black Culture. The family is very important to the Mexicans. I'd be willing to bet that the percentages if single moms is way higher among Blacks than any other ethnic groups...
Until the Black community steps up and away from welfare,quits having bastard children,and works hard for the American Dream,inner cities will always be a dangerous place to be.
I know I'm generalizing,but I have first hand experience. Glad I got out...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The issue is not segregation or civil rights but how the liberals catered to and sucked up to this new voter base after civil rights got them on the voter roles. The welfare mentality is what caused the problem, not racism, segregation or attainment of basic rights. I've long said the republicans freed the slaves and the democrats put their chains back on them.

I got a black man living across the street from me. I'd cover his back any day. He's good people. There were a few more living across the street from him and we'd both like to shoot them. Like I said, he's good people.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'd be willing to bet that the percentages if single moms is way higher among Blacks than any other ethnic groups...

I suspect unwed motherhood approaches or exceeds that rate among Native Americans. Per Capita murder rate is likely close or above what you stated as well.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Until the Black community steps up and away from welfare,quits having bastard children,and works hard for the American Dream,inner cities will always be a dangerous place to be.
I know I'm generalizing,but I have first hand experience. Glad I got out...

Like I say, the only difference is teach them. It can be lain at the feet of public education and media. Government controlled public education and media, that is. In other words, it is as it is because someone wants it that way.

I said the other day in some other thread, slant things in favor of a particular race or nationality and you've created them a slippery slope. They WILL slide down it. That's just the way it is, and government knows it. It was planned. They want serfs living in poverty who're totally dependent on them. They learned by watching Indian reservations. Same thing goes for prohibition of alcohol and drugs. They knew when they started both these exactly what would happen. There's no way it can be denied -- the results we currently endure was someone's desire.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 22kHornet, 25aught6, 222ND, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,543
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.