Page 124 of 806 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 805 806
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by krp
Well, it was a good run then. Lee gone and Old'm reduced to dumping and running.

Sean, you did a great job sniffing Lee out and was the breaking point.

Kent

I had MUCH help. I just set the ball rolling; others picked it up and ran with it to the score.

Yes, thanks Sean.

Also, do we know who this LSCE guy is?

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, am I to assume, now that my planetary anniversary is over and I got to catch up with the last 8 pages, that crossfireoops and Lord High master of the O.P.- Digital "D"- have challenged Framis to a duel of sorts?

My junk quivereth in anticipation....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE

My junk quivereth in anticipation....

Didn't NEED to know that.....

But thanks for sharing! laugh

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Keep your "junk" put up at the gun show, it ain't those kind of guns sick

Nimrod I want the details when I see you.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It may have been that commercial with Fergie that caused it, but you can't take a gift quiver for granted.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by MagMarc

Nimrod I want the details when I see you.

What details?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The sniffing out details.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yes, Old'm has been challenged. Though he has been reduced to jumping in and spewing his ARAIG or whatever it is tripe and jumping out. He no longer can even debate on the very issues he brings up himself. No way he will accept, probably won't even acknowledge.

Kent

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The sniffing out details.

Gotcha.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Yes, Old'm has been challenged. Though he has been reduced to jumping in and spewing his ARAIG or whatever it is tripe and jumping out. He no longer can even debate on the very issues he brings up himself. No way he will accept, probably won't even acknowledge.

Kent

too bad.

I'd like to call fire for GTC's artillery.....

I'd even apologize to Framis, in person, and with witnesses, for slighting his kin, if he could tell me when I slighted 'em.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If it was in Az, I'd go hold GTC's targets for him, Lee could hold Old'm's.

Kent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Info on big green?

I'll have to check with all of my highly placed contacts in the Arms industry to see if I can divulge all of the details regarding the design and assembly of this rifle that NONE OF YOU CAN IDENTIFY,.......YADDA, YADDA, YADDA ....SLOBBER,.....DROOL,....Belch,....fart,.....sigh.

Just kidding Tex,.....I'll do a little blurb about the homely old beast later this evening.

Maybe the lunchpail brothers shooting team will have responded by than.

GTC
Thanks but she's not homely! Any well used rifle is a beautiful thing.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Info on big green?

I had a real passion for 1,000 yard shooting, when I blew back into the land of the free.

88 rounders on Historic Ft. Huachuca were a HOOT !,......and what had been our "Practice Day" evolved into a "600 yard Accurate rifle match". I built a small fleet of "Portable" Benches ( you can't replicate an 800 lb. cast concrete bench )
....the order of the day was any rifle, any sights, any target,......this was before the introduction of "F Class", and I think that light was goin' on in a lotta' heads, all over the U.S. than ( 95-96 ?)

Anyhoo that's where I was hangin' and playin.....when "Big Green" came together. 600 Yards is a fair kinda' shot,.....outside of bein' 400 short of the real thing. I wanted to shoot 1000 yards, and was not financially able to go the conventional money pit route,..........

The base platform's High # Rock Islander,.....that I picked up at a Pawn shop in Wilcox ( I think, ....if not, it was from a gunshow, or shop in Tucson).....When I got it, it was in "Sporter" form,.....VERY bad form, too I might add. The drilling and tapping of the receiver for the ubiquitous Weaver Mounts had been acccomplished by drunken fools, with a burnt out Craftsman drill motor,.....at 3:00AM , behind God only knows how much bad booze. (Gee, I hope I don't upset any twits by mentioning God,.....i9n anything but a groveling tone)

..........One thing I can give the drilling crew credit for,.......outside of destroying "The Originality" of the beast,........they were too stoned, or ignorant to fool with "Spot Annealing",........in consequence,....the receiver looked likely.

Can't say that the wood was remarkable,....cuz' I don't remember it,....and where it went.

The Stock is a 52C,.....but not 1 of the 10 that I subsequently bought from SARCO,.....for $15.00 each.( These were residue from alla' the armory rack rifles,....Win 52 B & C that the Klintoons cut up, to protect us from,.....hey fuc# it,.....I don't wanna' TALK ABOUT THAT SHI$ !

.....the stock on Green was purchased from a VERY drunk old coot at a Pima County Fairgrounds show,....for the princely sum of $4.00, and a big foaming styro cup of Draught Beer ( yes, They useta' flog it out in front of the show.

It was severely cracked,....clean through on one side of the Mag slot,.....Don't really matter,....it's all " Ribbed" with T 60 aluminum imbeds,.......and buried in Krylon Camo OD.

The action is pinned and potted into a true "Flat Bottom" with Peened taper pins, and Devcon Titanium mud. A Brownell's 8MM Mauser Single shot adaptor was tossed into the pour,.......nice rifle to run,.....toss one in the "Tray" and slam the bolt shut,....The remainder of the 1 Lb. Titanium Putty kit went into the stock,....which is by itself. heavier than a lot of heavier caliber rifles. It's not an EXTREMELY heavy rifle,....at 14 Lb. But as the pics will verify,....it's a tad "Muzzle Heavy"

Stand by for "Part 2"

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE
It may have been that commercial with Fergie that caused it, but you can't take a gift quiver for granted.

"gift quiver" grin

Gotta use that one sometime... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
I want to play in the guessing game.

1. Old POS.

2. It's a turd. Shoots schitty. (no offense intended to the turdlike people)

3. Chinee clone.

Am I right?

Yeah, right on every point*.

*Free tickets available to gun learnin' school upon request.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
245 pgs, are we there yet? ingwe? are we there yet.

Crap, for a second I thought you said 245 pigs. Holy cheez whiz!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good Stuff GTC! Get the match on Youtube in the unlikely event it ever happens.

Fergie for Ingwe!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Fergie for Ingwe!
[Linked Image]

I want some of that...!! laugh

And some of those free tickets to Gun Learnin School...

grin
Ingwe

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by ingwe

Fergie for Ingwe!
[Linked Image]

I want some of that...!! laugh

And some of those free tickets to Gun Learnin School...

grin
Ingwe

Not after where that's been you don't.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Why??

Where have those tickets been...?

grin
Ingwe

Page 124 of 806 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.