Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is it over yet?????

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldman1942
As I said, there is no reliable statistical data on the bullets.
If there IS, why don't you publish it..... say at least 1000 head of big game shot with it...... Waiting.......

You will recall, regardless of you "experts" picking the flyshit from the pepper, I never said they did not work BUT their superiority or even equality to Barnes is unproven.

You use them all you like, I'll stick with proven technology.

If any of them were a proven technology, Barnes would not still be heavily in the "continuous improvement" mode. I welcome other comers to the field. It may help advance the ultimate solution many of us would welcome, and for some of us Barnes ain't it yet.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think that if you gave oldman a bullet that had no drop or wind drift for 400 yards, put a half inch hole completely through any animal it encountered and had the recoil of a .223 he would still tell you he had something better.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey... Oldman...aka Rusty Wood, how about using some of your bronze wool on your salmon pink bullets , aren't you afraid they are going to rust? Maybe you ought to step outside your ignorance box and try some E-tips or a GMX that doesn't hurt the eyes so much and give us a unbiased report for a change.
Best Regards, BlackDog

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just read about Hornady's new Superperformance ammo coming out, replacing their Light Magnum loads. Very interesting stuff. Incorporates new powders they developed for Marlin LeverEvolution and Ruger Compact Mags. About 100 to 200 fps gains over regular ammo, lower recoil, almost no sensitivity to temperature, and because easier to produce will be lower cost than the Light Magnum line, which they're dropping. Will be offered with GMX bullets.

Think I'll be giving 'em a try out. Really like the TTSX from Federal, but pricey as hell!

Last edited by sir_springer; 01/25/10.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I would really like to know what the caliber and muzzle/impact speed of those 3 bullets were.

It is nowise foolish to tilt at windmills, providing you learn to knock them down. - Jeff Cooper.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You guys are killing me. As usually when Lee24 er whatever he is calling himself shows up the original question is forgotten. I usually don't read long threads like this, but the laughs keep coming.

Third cup of coffee coming up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two things are obvious; one, monolithics have great potential to be excellent performers and already do perform well to a great extent. Secondly, they are already and will probably become required in more and more places.

I seriously doubt that a big company like the one which owns Remington would invest in a leading company in monolithic bullet manufacture if they didn't recognize those two points. Further, the more people who work on the the basic design, the greater the likelihood that we'll see better and more reliable designs sooner. I'm not sure that satisfying a fickle and often perhaps uninformed customer base is an easy task however.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Gerard
I would really like to know what the caliber and muzzle/impact speed of those 3 bullets were.

Gerhard, why don't you show the gents on the forum what good expansion looks like with your GS Custom HV bullets?

BTW, for those that didnt know, Gerhard is the designer of the GS Custom range of monolithic bullets with the drive band technology

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChipM
Oh my... DT do you have any idea how rare it is to ever recover a Barnes? What part of 100% penetration did you miss?

Yes they are pink and yes they failed. We often recover bullets from animals that run away alive. (IDIOTS)

If it would make you feel better, I can drop them into Photoshop and change them to any "COLOUR" you want. $75.00 an hour is the going rate...I await you payment.

Yes, we are all IDIOTS and you don't even spell the word "COLOR" correctly.

It's correct in Canada wink

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gerard- look at my post above and click on the second link. It will give you an idea, albeit oldman's version...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks Whttail, it fills the gaps and calculation does the rest.

It is nowise foolish to tilt at windmills, providing you learn to knock them down. - Jeff Cooper.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Better get to an eye doctor if you see these as pink.....
Not only stupid but blind as well......

That middle one sure looks pink on my screen...

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (163bc, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 270wsmnutt, 26 invisible), 14,174 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,996
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.