Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Just thought it would be fun if we took a little quiz, I always like hearing what other people like, I will start,<BR>Favorite food = Meat(bloody red meat)<BR>Favorite veggie = Chicken<BR>Favorite Beverage = Beer(stouts and porters)<BR>Other favorite beverage = Scotch<BR>Favorite Author = Peter Capstick<BR>Childhood hero = My father & SPIDERMAN<BR>favorite dessert = Chocolate anything<BR>Favorite cartridge = 350 Rem Mag<BR>Favorite game to hunt = Pheasant<BR>Favorite Automobile = I need a HUMMER<P>Thanks for letting me babble, hopefully others will join in and add other favorites,,BH<BR>

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
-Food, I like all kinds, just depends on my mood, I generally like it very spicy. <BR>-Vegitable, onions and garlic, go good on meat.<BR>-Beverage, most meals I like wine, for snacks like chicken wings, a good bear, preferably a micro brew.<BR>-Other favorite bevrage, good Vodka, like Absolute on the rocks, or served straight if from the freezer.<BR>-Author, Robert Ruark<BR>-Childhood hero, don't really recall one that stood out, guess I'll go with inspiration, which is a friend I refer to as crazy Jack, well, lots of folks call him that.<BR>-Dessert, Bannana's foster, I just love that big fireball! It's tastes pretty good too.<BR>-Cartridge, 35 whelen, though there are lots I like, but if I only had one, I would be quite happy with just it in a mauser 98<BR>-Game, though I've never hunted them, wild boar have some special appeal to. Of what I hunt, the ole swamp donkey has to be it.<BR>-Automobile, toyota 4X4 truck, though I must admit I've been thinking about putting together a Lotus Super 7 w/ a 1.8 liter V8 crafted from 2 CBR 900 motors, kind of a street legal kart, 1200#'s, 400 hp, my kind of car!<BR><P>------------------<BR>If you think peeing in the wind is bad, try running a snowblower into the wind!

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Favorite food = Anything other than tofu<BR>Favorite veggie = Jalapeno<BR>Favorite Beverage = Diet Coke<BR>Other favorite beverage = Chimay Beer if payday; Rolling Rock otherwise<BR>Favorite Author = Tom Clancy<BR>Childhood hero = An uncle...<BR>Favorite dessert = Anejo Tequila<BR>Favorite cartridge = 45/70<BR>Favorite game to hunt = Wild pig<BR>Favorite Automobile = F150 (preferably with any bike over 1000cc in the back)

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Favorite food = Beef Stew<BR>Favorite veggie = Turnip Greens<BR>Favorite Beverage = Beer<BR>Other favorite beverage = Sweet Tea<BR>Favorite Author = Jefferson Davis<BR>Childhood hero = Dad<BR>favorite dessert = Pecan Pie<BR>Favorite cartridge = 300 Win.<BR>Favorite game to hunt = Deer<BR>Favorite Automobile = Chevy truck

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
favorite food- meat, preferably buffalo<P>favorite veggie- no such thing. I'm not into veggies.<P>favorite beverage- Mt. dew<P>other beverage- give me some buschlight<P>favorite author- Louis L'Amour<P>childhood hero- none that I can recollect<P>favorite dessert- anything chocalot<P>favorite cartridge- 45/70<P>favorite game- bears of any color<P>favorite auto- anything 4wd

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Favorite food = Moose steak<BR>Favorite veggie = Spinach<BR>Favorite Beer = Guiness<BR>Other favorite beverage = Espresso, neat<BR>Favorite Author = Hemingway<BR>Childhood hero = Dad, nobody else comes close<BR>Favorite dessert = Chocolate<BR>Favorite cartridge = 300 Win. <BR>Favorite game to hunt = Moose<BR>Dream truck = Dodge wm300, cummins diesel, Auto = '68 dodge charger 500, 426hemi, 4 spd.<P>

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Neil,<P>What do a Harley & a German Shepherd have in common?? <P>They both make a lot of noise & they both like to ride on the back of a pickup. [Linked Image] badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Food=Dead critter.Preferably Venison of any sort<BR>Veggie=My ancestors worked too damn hard climbing the food chain for me to eat Veggies.Although Jalpenos might qualify.<BR>Beverage=Castle beer,Lion beer,Corona and Lime,San Miguel with a rusty cap.<BR>Author=Hemingway/Poe<BR>Hero=Grandfather.Took big balls to marry a squaw and then run off to kill japs for 4 years.Even more to turn me loose with a 1911 at 6!<BR>Dessert=Crepe suzettes(Shut up! it's good stuff!)<BR>Cartridge=.308 win/6.5X55/.338win...I can't decide.<BR>Game=Nyala.I blew it last spring and the damn thing is haunting me BAD!<BR>Auto=Ford Bronco.Full size not the yuppie wannabe little one.351,C6,Dana 44's,Locker,Auburn,2"suspension.<BR>Second would be 86' CJ7.Wranglers SUCK!!!!<BR>Bike=Suzuki DRZ-400.Tweaked it a bit more this winter,and wife upped the life insurance.New cam,shaved head,mapping,Mikuni 38mm carb.Carried the front through 4th at 50 mph last year.....god help me this spring!<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Favorite food=fresh August venison backstrap<BR>Favorite veggie=baked spud<BR>Favorite beverage=milk<BR>Alternate beverage=Vodka/Mountain Dew toddy(long story)<BR>Favorite author=Larry McMurtry,as I still believe "Lonesome Dove" to be the best book I have read.<BR>Childhood hero=My Grandfather,John Wayne and "Pappy" Boyington<BR>Favorite dessert=Lemon lush,that only my Grandmother could make<BR>Favorite cartridge=223/223Ackley<BR>Favorite Game to hunt=Sitka Blacktail,early in the year,high in the Alpine<BR>Favorite auto='67 Camaro SS/396 for smoking tires. Toyota 4-Runner for general purpose.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Favorite Food: fried pork chops, with potatoes and onions and apple sauce.<BR>Favorite veggie: Fresh green beans<BR>Favorite beverage: French Market Coffee<BR>Favorite Author: William Faulkner<BR>Favorite dessert: blueberry pie with vanilla Ice cream<BR>Favorite Cartridge: that's like asking which is my favorite socket out of a socket set.<BR>Favorite Automobile: '68-'70 Road Runners. 383 & 4 spd. of course

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Favorite food = Fried Venison Tenderloin<BR>Favorite veggie = Do French Fries Count?<BR>Favorite Domestic Beer = Bud Light<BR>Favorite Import = Killians Irish Red<BR>Favorite Author = Clancy and Clive Cussler<BR>Childhood hero = Dad<BR>favorite dessert = Cheesecake <BR>Favorite cartridge = .270 (might change when I get my 7mm/08 AI)<BR>Favorite game to hunt = Deer<BR>Favorite Truck = Ford F250 4x4 Powerstroke <P>

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Favorite meat- dilled deer (stroganoff type dish with lots of sour cream)<BR>favorite veggie- asparagus<BR>favorite beverage- beer thick enough to stand a spoon up in and single malt scotch<BR>favorite author- still partial to Papa<BR>childhood hero- an uncle<BR>favorite dessert- creme brule<BR>favorite cartridge- 300win mag, 30-06 close second<BR>favorite scope- Leupold M8 3x, Can't believe they stopped making them!<BR>favorite action- Remington 700, 98 mauser close second<BR>favorite stock wood- english walnut, cannot do plastic<BR>favorite game- would you believe Sitka deer?<BR>favorite vehicle- anything that does not say chevy on it!!!!!!<BR>favorite binocular- zeiss 10x40BGA<BR>favorite fish- lingcod<BR>art<BR><P>------------------<BR>Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
favorite food=red meat<BR>" " veggie=carrots<BR>" " beverage=ice tea<BR>" " #2 beaerage beer<BR>" "author=Jack O Connor<BR>childhood hero dad and grandad<BR>favorite dessert=pumpkin pie<BR>" " cartridge= 250-3000 savage<BR>" " game =whitetail deer<BR>" " vehicle Dodge truck 4x4

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
food: fresh from the stream trout, cooked over the campfire<BR>veggie: Still looking for one I like<BR>beer: at home Killian's, out'n'about Black and Tan(1/2 guiness, 1/2 bass)<BR>other beverage: coffee w/brandy, sittin round the fire<BR>Author: W.E.B. Griffin<BR>Childhood hero: Grandpa Richards, G.R.H.S.<BR>dessert: Those white little debbi cakes w/milk<BR>Cartridge: 410, it was my first<BR>Game: Wstrn Kentucky whitetails<BR>Automobile: My 86 F-150 4x4, since the wife won't let me take her Durango Hunting<BR>

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lordy,I just love pop quizzes where you can't answer wrong! <P>Favorite food = Ribeye, medium rare<BR>Favorite veggie = Corn<BR>Favorite Beverage = Guiness<BR>Other favorite beverage = Kettle One<BR>Favorite dessert = More Kettle One<BR>Favorite Author = Bob Milek (R.I.P.)<BR>Childhood hero = My dad<BR>Favorite cartridge = 257AI, 7mm-08, <BR> 30-06Imp, 338-06, 35 Brown Whelan<BR>Favorite game to hunt = Whitetail<BR>Favorite Automobile = Grand Cherokee<BR>Favorite excuse = What new gun, honey?<BR> I've had this one for ages! It's<BR> been in the gun safe! etc,etc,etc.<BR>

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Favorite food = any wid game prepared right<BR>Favorite veggie = ranch dressing with some letuce<BR>Favorite Beverage = beer<BR>Other favorite beverage = tequlia<BR>Favorite Author =dont read much <BR>Childhood hero = <BR>Favorite dessert = Chocolate anything<BR>Favorite cartridge =270 <BR>Favorite game to hunt =all of them the bigger the better (see favorite food) <BR>Favorite Automobile = My custom 85f250/ my dodge desiel/ and soon to be my custom 69 fj 40 land cruiser (jeeps are for delivering the mail [Linked Image])<P>]<P>

Shoot Safe, Shoot Often

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Food: Any venison dish but really Chicken Kang Ped<BR>Veggie: Thai eggplant and brussel sprouts<BR>Beverage: Special Export or Leinenkugels<BR>Other Beverage: Crown Royal with a good Central American Rothschild<BR>Favorite Author: Calvin Rutstrum<BR>Childhood Hero: Sgt. Rock<BR>Dessert: Chocolate Malt with extra malt powder<BR>Cartridge: 45/70, 280 Rem A I, 44 Mag<BR>Game to hunt: Whitetail, but I'd like to get used to mulies, coyotes are a blast.<BR>Vehicle: Rokon<BR>Automobile: Ford F-150<BR>Canoe: 17' Wenonah Royalex Sundowner<BR>Boat: Lowe 16', wide, modified-V Jon Boat with a 45HP Honda<P>

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Favorite food = ribeye, med rare <BR>Favorite veggie = broc & cheese <BR>Favorite Beverage = black & tan<BR>Other favorite beverage = Skyy or Grey Goose martini<BR>Favorite Author = Samuel L. Clemens (Mark Twain.)<BR>Childhood hero = my older brother, didn't make it back to "the world" in '69.<BR>favorite dessert = wife<BR>Favorite cartridge = .270<BR>Favorite game to hunt = turkey<BR>Favorite Automobile = Viper<BR>

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Favorites<BR>Food-ain't real fond of road kill, but pretty much anything that don't bite back<BR>Veggie-tacos<BR>Beverage-col'beer<BR>OFB-2nd col'beer<BR>Author-itis<BR>Hero-Mickey Mantle (yes dammit I am that old, don't rub it in)<BR>Dessert-3rd col'beer<BR>Cat'ridge-9.3x74R<BR>Game-what season is it?<BR>Auto-one thats paid for<BR>Body-Demi Moore<BR>Gun owner-Sean "Puffy" Combs<BR>Biker chick-Monica Lewenski(if the battery goes dead, she could suck start it)

NRA Life Member

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're gonna like it.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Badger,<P>...ouch...<P>Aint never tried one of them german Shepherd thingies. Sounds kinda yuppie. Hows it do in the quarter mile...? [Linked Image]<P>Neil<p>[This message has been edited by Neil, San Diego (edited February 16, 2001).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (06hunter59, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,860
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.