Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mike378

And one way you will see CRFs double feed big time is when the extractor is not right and they leave the case or round sitting on the floorplate after the bolt is pulled back. Case rim and extractor dimensions if not set for the extractor will do it. Ask Winchester Australia, it was very prevalent on the 300 and 338 Win stainless. And that is double feed even when the shooter does things the way he is supposed to.

Mike: Well.......sure,you're correct.....but consider that the CRF is not functioning at that point the way it's supposed to......Properly set-up CRF's are not supposed to have an extractor that drops the empty when the bot is withdrwan to eject.If your rifle does that,you should get'er fixed.Besides,some M70 Classics are bad examples of a properly tuned CRF smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Mike: Well.......sure,you're correct.....but consider that the CRF is not functioning at that point the way it's supposed to......Properly set-up CRF's are not supposed to have an extractor that drops the empty when the bot is withdrwan to eject.If your rifle d xoes that,you should get'er fixed.Besides,some M70 Classics are bad examples of a properly tuned CRF smile

Bob,

You can tune all your like but that won't overcome ammo problems.

There are simple facts and one leads to the other. CRF is far more complicated, a lot more needs to happen right for it to be right. That of course leads to fact two and that is cycling problems are more likely to occur with CRF.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Mike: ..........mmmm.....thinking on this grin

Wish I could say I have had a CRF failure attributable to ammo,but I have not.....maybe this will happen eventually.I hope not!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We have about exausted it grin

But the Kimber Caprivi looks nice but the internet sure does turn up some bad stuff. But American Rifleman article said it is the most accurate 375 (the stainless Talkeetna) they have ever tested.

A good picture of one.

http://www.hallowellco.com/kimber%208400_talkeetna.htm

American Rifleman article.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/ArticlePage.aspx?id=1693&cid=3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"98% of PHs use CRFs"....Could you share the statistical data base where you acquired this totally BS "fact" from? Do you consider a double rifle a CRF? I just keep howling at all these "experts" who just make up shiet as they go along to justify their OPINION.

I am STILL REPEAT STILL waiting for the documented list of the 100s of PHs and clients who have been stomped, gored, eaten and otherwise abused because their PF rifles either failed to feed or extract when some large critter was coming to kill them.

Talk is cheap but unless you can back it up with documented factual data it's just more BS to go into the gunwriter myth database... and god knows there is enough of that to fill a large bookcase.

Amazing how our guys who fought the most dangerous game of all (Germans & Japs), seemed to want to keep their M-1s rather than swap them out for K98s or type 99s. Guess they were just stupid too as they were too dumb to know that the US Rifle caliber 30 M-1 was an unreliable POS....... (LAFFIN)

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess we need to add reading comrpehension to your list of maladies. I said those who USE BOLTS. Why do you insist on being so obtuse? Read Boddington's two books on African Rifles and look at the PHs surveys in there. You also quoted the African Hunter article on the PH tesing at Rifa in Zimbabwe. Did you conveniently fail to mention the push feed issues with the 700s there or are we back to the reading comprehension issue? I've said it multiple times I'm no expert with just three safaris under my belt, but more importantly a lot of folks here know me and I don't make stuff up. African literature is replete with examples of bad choices in rifle types, actions cartridges and so forth. So why is it most PHs (REMEMBER THOSE WHO USE BOLT ACTIONS AND NOT DOUBLES-GET IT?) use CRFs? And also tell us, how many safaris have you been on and what kind of DG have you hunted. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and the 30 cal M1 was SEMI-auto, while the K98 and such were bolt.

friggin idiot.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The above statement is so profound and deeply complex I confess I fail to understand it's relevance to the topic at hand, for surely anybody who compares military employment of firearms to Dangerous Game hunting is well, prone to using such grammatical wonders like "and such"...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my comment was not to you Jorge, but to the old one.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know wolf, guess I just tried too hard to make it sound complex and mix up our resident moron. My apologies. jorge

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you guys figgered out the M-1 was not a bolt gun.

I'll try and make is SIMPLE. It was a superior battle rifle to ANY bolt action, and battle conditions are far worse than hopping out of a Land Rover and popping some unaware Kudu odd a set of sticks.
Need pictures?

Now about that list of dead clients and PHs.... wonder why you "experts" can't seem to produce that???????

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Glad you guys figgered out the M-1 was not a bolt gun.

I'll try and make is SIMPLE. It was a superior battle rifle to ANY bolt action, and battle conditions are far worse than hopping out of a Land Rover and popping some unaware Kudu odd a set of sticks.
Need pictures?

Now about that list of dead clients and PHs.... wonder why you "experts" can't seem to produce that???????

And there you have it. Any moron that compares combat to hunting dangerous game is about as bright as those new-fangled "eco-light bulbs" that seem to be all the rage today. The second statement is pretty impressive as well if you consider ignorance and lack of grammatical skills a virtue. Just for your own education there geezer, kudu are not considered dangerous game and I don't know about your African experience but the kudu I've chased sure as hell didn't behave that way. But do carry on mentally-masturbating about things you've never done and never will. jorge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jorge, still can't seem to come up with that list... maybe you are not whacking your willie hard enough? Lots of name calling but apparently unable to supply any verifiable facts.....
What Herter's used to call a "drugstore cowboy".

Remind me again what any of this has to do with a 375 Kimber........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
maybe you are not whacking your willie hard enough?

Oh man, every day! and why not? mine still works while yours I'm sure is a shriveled up memory that no dose of blue pills can even begin to breathe life into it. LOL! jorge

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jorge, still can't seem to come up with that list... maybe you are not whacking your willie hard enough? Lots of name calling but apparently unable to supply any verifiable facts.....

Remind me again what any of this has to do with a 375 Kimber........

Every post you make is a hijack.I'd ignore you but its too damn entertaining to see what idiotic crap you'll come up with next..

Have you ever had a friend?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I REPEAT:

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIST...WHY DON'T YOU JUST ADMIT YOU CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST?

The friends I have I didn't meet on internet chat rooms.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd encourage the "ignore" feature on Oldman . . . you can't win and arguement with this type of mentality, it's not possible. Every week we get another one of these idiots . . .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Encourage all you want, that's ONE way to handle getting caught in an unsupportable BS position. The only "idiot" is someone who makes a claim and cannot trot out the facts to support it when questioned. Back when I was brought up, MEN were taught to admit if they were wrong about a proposition, now they just hide under the desk. I still await the list........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Encourage all you want, that's ONE way to handle getting caught in an unsupportable BS position. The only "idiot" is someone who makes a claim and cannot trot out the facts to support it when questioned. Back when I was brought up, MEN were taught to admit if they were wrong about a proposition, now they just hide under the desk. I still await the list........

The list you dogmatically hang your hat on does not exist, anymore than a list of those who used CRFs vs doubles, muskets or anything else for that matter and anybody with half a brain understands. What DOES exist is the very article you quoted from African Hunter magazine regarding the 700 and the survey by Craig Boddington on two of his books on African rifles, the numerous articles by Weiland, Taylor and a host of other professionals on the subject citing their predilection for CRFs. And that fact is evidenced by the reality that almost 100% of those PHs WHO USE BOLTS in the field use and prefer CRFs over push feed.

I'm not hiding douce-bag, I just chose to ignore you and waste my time trying to out-wit the witless, until a specific comment is leveled at me then it just makes my day to ridicule your ignorant ass. I've admitted being wrong here on more than one occassion, as far is being a man is concerned, too bad you'll never get the chance to prove it. But do tell us about your african experiences with that rifleof yours. You can do that can't you? jorge

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
jorge.....exercise in futility...time to just start dishing a little back...

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,869
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.