Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Toured a small dude/cattle ranch in Hawaii where they make big bucks setting up and baby sitting Japanese tourist that absolutely go orgasmic over shooting 10/22's on their range. They charge an outlandish fee, and most come back for 3 or 4 go arounds.

We had an exchange student in our home for a couple months, and those back home must have put the fear of God in him. He would not even touch a BB gun, and did not know that several brands of firearms were fabricated in Japan.

Red Alder Ranch: Yes. Working through translators can take a short day and turn it into a very long one.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/04/10.

1Minute
HR IC

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by avagadro
WHEN you can get it here, our Wally's makes you pay for the ammo at the sporting goods counter ... you can walk around the store with it, but you have to pay for it there.

If you are to go on a shooting rampage with their ammo, they want to make sure they get paid for it first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by red_alder_ranch
Originally Posted by ColtRaceR
Almost forgot this one......

I said, "Well wasn't that fun? We had nothing better to do anyway".

Love it! I once gave a tour of the small sawmill I worked at to a mob of Japanese high school kids. Everything I said had to be translated, and everything I said was also recorded for posterity on 40 different very high tech recording gadgets, and hundreds of pictures were taken of me showing off the headrig... it was very surreal, and fun.

You not only made their day but you also represented American gun lovers as being kind and generous which is probably not the image these folks had when they came in.
Well done!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by red_alder_ranch
Originally Posted by ColtRaceR
Almost forgot this one......

I said, "Well wasn't that fun? We had nothing better to do anyway".

Love it! I once gave a tour of the small sawmill I worked at to a mob of Japanese high school kids. Everything I said had to be translated, and everything I said was also recorded for posterity on 40 different very high tech recording gadgets, and hundreds of pictures were taken of me showing off the headrig... it was very surreal, and fun.

You not only made their day but you also represented American gun lovers as being kind and generous which is probably not the image these folks had when they came in.
Well done!

It was a hoot, to say the least.
It's very satisfying to see non-gun people discovering how much fun firearms, hunting and shooting sports are.
Somewhere in Japan some guy is showing people a big picture of himself and me with an AR or 44 and talking about how much fun he had.

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good for you ColtRaceR! You made my day! Inviting them into your shop was a great thing to do.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Glocked_N_Loaded

If you are to go on a shooting rampage with their ammo, they want to make sure they get paid for it first.

grin

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
WHEN you can get it here, our Wally's makes you pay for the ammo at the sporting goods counter ... you can walk around the store with it, but you have to pay for it there.

That's weird.

In the Super WM here you have to get a clerk to unlock the glass ammo case, but then you just take it to checkout with your groceries or whatever.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Paul39

That's weird.

In the Super WM here you have to get a clerk to unlock the glass ammo case, but then you just take it to checkout with your groceries or whatever.

Paul

I don't think Wal-Mart promulgates any corporate rules about that and it is strictly on a store-by-store basis. One Wal-Mart where I live will let you get any ammo and take it up to the front. At another store just a few miles away, if you get any ammo you must pay for it in sporting goods. At yet another, just a few more miles away, if anything comes from behind the glass counter in sporting goods you must pay for it at sporting goods, however, lots of ammo is kept on the shelves outside, especially during deer season, and you may take that ammo and pay for it up front, even though it exactly the same as some they have behind the counter.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 68 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.