OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This is hogwash.

I dont doubt they are getting sick, and if the tox reports say high Pb, then fine. HOwever to suddenly jump to the conclusion that the eagles are eating a large amount of lead slugs from wounded deer is a BIG blind leap.

I am so tired of political agenda's wrapped in the banner of pseudo science... and here it rears its ugly head yet again./

So, ban lead, and all is fine, right? Go to Cu?

Back a number of years ago I used copper solids in my shotgun, only to find that fish andgame banned them the following year. Seems copper sulfate can kill cells (oh, it does!) and the possibility of errant copper slugs hitting trees and meeting up with acid rain and forming copper sulfate was too much for them to stand. Shudder, the thought of all of those dead trees.

Better ban pennies next.

Anyway, the ban was lifted a year or less later.

Last edited by Crockettnj; 02/07/10.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In addition, how many wounded deer really get away? I lose very few. In fact, can't think of one that got away while gun hunting. They think there are millions of deer that are wounded. The deer also have to end up somewhere that the eagle can get to them. The woods present a bit of a problem for getting airborne if there is too much cover. I think they are full of bleep.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heard the same thing two weeks ago from a gal in Texas who rehabilitates raptors, except she said it was hawks eating wounded doves during the dove season.

Sounds like the anti's are getting together for a nation wide ban on lead.

There's no length to which they won't go so long as they have a reason to keep people from owning and shooting guns.

Where do these people gather to think this crap up?

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Two years ago they were having commercials about remnants of lead in deer and "It's for the children" crap.
It's not the guns, it's the ammo they're after.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do the majority of my hunting in N. CA, which has banned lead ammunition in over 60% of the state because of potential lead poisoning of the Condor, a scavenger.

Both my buddies use 270's and now I do. Ammunition loaded with copper bullets is expensive, and I have consolidated in order to help them out. Companies like Barnes-X must be doing well.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you freaking maroons were half the outdoorsman you think you are, you'd spend enough time out there to see eagles hunting gut piles and see them hunting in the very same fashion that they hunt over water.

Eagles hunt gut piles.

Deer are killed and gutted by deer hunters.

Deer are mostly shot with lead core bullets.

Eagles are migratory.

Eagles from Minnesota and Wisconsin have learned to hunt gut piles efficiently and have learned to spend a lot more time inland away from water hunting gut piles and not fish in water.

When you run centerfire rifle bullet through a deer you lose 30-50% of the weight, which is almost all lead, in the passage.

It doesn't take a god damned rocket scientist to see that you are putting lead into something's diet.

It does take a scientist to understand that lead is toxic, lead is always toxic, it accumulates in your body and produces pathology in direct proportion to the accumulated levels. Particularly in nerve tissue.

You can believe it or not. If you think it's different stand up and prove it is. If you can show that lead is neither toxic nor accumulates you can make a [bleep] load of money treating people with lead poisoning and acting as a representative for producers of lead and lead products.

N
nash22 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
So, Miles58 tell us how you really feel....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Only guy I have on ignore.....for obvious reasons.

Don't care what he typed, but I'm betting its a lead free mantra.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by nash22
So, Miles58 tell us how you really feel....

How I feel is disgusted when I see people with more mouth than brains giving the people who fear guns and hunters reason to doubt us with their ignorant commentary.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MILES58
If you freaking maroons were half the outdoorsman you think you are, you'd spend enough time out there to see eagles hunting gut piles and see them hunting in the very same fashion that they hunt over water.

Eagles hunt gut piles.

Deer are killed and gutted by deer hunters.

Deer are mostly shot with lead core bullets.

Eagles are migratory.

Eagles from Minnesota and Wisconsin have learned to hunt gut piles efficiently and have learned to spend a lot more time inland away from water hunting gut piles and not fish in water.

When you run centerfire rifle bullet through a deer you lose 30-50% of the weight, which is almost all lead, in the passage.

It doesn't take a god damned rocket scientist to see that you are putting lead into something's diet.

It does take a scientist to understand that lead is toxic, lead is always toxic, it accumulates in your body and produces pathology in direct proportion to the accumulated levels. Particularly in nerve tissue.

You can believe it or not. If you think it's different stand up and prove it is. If you can show that lead is neither toxic nor accumulates you can make a [bleep] load of money treating people with lead poisoning and acting as a representative for producers of lead and lead products.

Unfortunately, MILES58 is 100% CORRECT! It's simple, easy to understand and we had all better think about that. I'd prefer to use some copper bullet and reduce the collateral damage to wildlife.

As for doves etc. we should all shoot steel or non-lead shot as Falcons are also dying around my home state and the dept. of F&G has received a grant to further prove causation vs. correlation in a study that links Falcon deaths with dove, pigeon and pheasant that died and were left in the field or were wounded by lead shot and later eaten by birds of Prey.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm just wondering when the bottom feeding democraps are going to start dying of this. Oh thats right they even vote after their dead.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HawkI, for a guy with a predatory bird name, you should actually care about lead poisoning or else you are totally buried with your head in the sand!

As far as I am concerned HawkI, I would feel priviledged if you would also put me on ignore if you really think that lead poisoning is not an issue.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Done.

Of course I have worked around lead for most of my life, in that damnable industry.

When you are done banning lead (one of the most economical and recyclable materials around), don't bitch when your supposed favorite sports take another fatal hit to an AGENDA due to cost.

Thinking you and Miles have that in common, being friends of sportsmen.

This isn't about just shooting and hunting, dipschitts, it will effect everything you do and the alternates to lead are often no more safe, extremely expensive and far less recoverable.

Yeah, Hawks, eagles and owls are dropping around here so bad you see more of them than pheasants...or rabbits...or..

Don't go outside, just about everything Ma Nature has made can kill you in all kinds of quantities, ingestion.

I hereby deem a ban on the sun in your folk's honor....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Done.

Of course I have worked around lead for most of my life, in that damnable industry.

When you are done banning lead (one of the most economical and recyclable materials around), don't bitch when your supposed favorite sports take another fatal hit to an AGENDA due to cost.

Thinking you and Miles have that in common, being friends of sportsmen.

This isn't about just shooting and hunting, dipschitts, it will effect everything you do and the alternates to lead are often no more safe, extremely expensive and far less recoverable.

Yeah, Hawks, eagles and owls are dropping around here so bad you see more of them than pheasants...or rabbits...or..

Don't go outside, just about everything Ma Nature has made can kill you in all kinds of quantities, ingestion.

I hereby deem a ban on the sun in your folk's honor....

+1

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by brooksrange
HawkI, for a guy with a predatory bird name, you should actually care about lead poisoning or else you are totally buried with your head in the sand!

Wait a second...

There should be some connection here with wild blue monkeys flying out of my azz...

But I don't see any.....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lead will remain legal on my land.

Here he is Ingwe
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Yep it's lead now. What's next? Carbon from my arrows? Fletchings? The glue that holds it all together?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He does look familiar..... whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
miles and brooks are funny. Many years ago the feds were trying to prosecute a guy here for killing eagles, but he showed 'em. He died before they could. They found more dead eagle carcasses in a pit on his ranch than they their estimation of breeding pairs in the lower 48. Eagles out here are nothing more than coyotes with wings. You idiots that think they are dying of ingested lead are nothing more than left wing conspiracy theorists hell bent on ending hunting, shooting and fishing. Quite frankly you are probably PETA members hanging out here just to stir the pot. FOCUS!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.