-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, levergun lovers, I got my new stainless M92 45LC today! She sure is pretty. I love this 'short rifle', with it's octagon barrel, nice looking stocks, mighty slick-working action(!)... she's a keeper, alright. I don't plan on breaking her heart any time soon. I love her too much!<BR>I'll have to wait to shoot it though, got to work up some loads, both 250 and 300 grain Laser-Cast bullets. There are a few things I'll change eventually, like a square notch rear sight (non-buckhorn), patridge front sight, a cowboy-looking leather chin pad (with a spacer pad underneath) because the stock is thin, and my cheek don't quite fit the stock drop well to see the sights(I'm a small guy with a medical problem with my neck), perhaps sling swivels. <BR>Qripiq told me, "Him got plenty smile." Yes, I do. I'll post about how it shoots.<BR>Can someone point me in the right direction on the leather chin/recoil pads, that lace on? I remember someone, I think at the old Marlin talk, saying he had one. Thanks. ~~~Suluuq

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Suluug: There are some listed in Brownells Catalog #53 on pages 48, 228, by Brauer Bros.<P>Leather Lace on Recoil Pad: Part#138-100-001 small, #138-100-002 medium, 138-100-003 large. $17.75 ea.<P>Leather Lace on Cheekpiece: Part#138-101-010 $20.00<P>Phil<P>Went to Brauer Bros. web site:<BR><A HREF="http://www.brauerbros.com/home.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.brauerbros.com/home.htm</A><BR>I'm afraid it sucks, as web sites go!<P>I'm not working today, and I'm interested in puting something similar on my 450. So I'll run some searches, and see if I can't come up with something better.<P>This is the only other one I could find, without getting into custom shops.<BR><A HREF="http://www.cheeknstock.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cheeknstock.com/</A> Check their products, and ordering page for different style stocks and sizing. This is a good one.<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Greyghost (edited February 13, 2001).]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks Phil... I'll check into them. ~~~Suluuq

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Congrats on the new rifle Suluuq.Been quite awhile in gettin the new toy,huh.I bet you can wait to get out and crank a few thru her.Hows that stainless metal look??I'm happy for you.Good shooting!!~~~~~tom

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Toms... the rifle is very nice, the stainless looks great. The gaps between the metal/wood are tight, like the Marlin I had. I am very pleased with the rifle. The booklet that came with it also has disassembly instructions/diagram, so a good cleaning is in order. I will be doing some hand loading, too. The action is very slick, working it is like a hot knife through butter. Very smooth. The octagon barrel should reduce some recoil from the heavy loads I'll be using. Another thing, this model (Navy Arms) does NOT have the extra safety on top of the bolt! Half cock only. <BR>After handling it, I figure I will remove the stainless butt plate, and install a brown Decellerator pad. The curved plate's heel points directly into my shoulder... ouch! The stock is thinner then a Marlin 45-70, so my cheek will need a pad to fill in the space for comfortable shooting(a leather lace-up cheek pad). The sights will stay for now, but will eventually be changed. It doesn't appear to be drill and tapped for ghost ring sights, so I will stick to a square rear, and a patridge front(my favorite). Overall, unshot, this rifle seems an excellent firearm. Shooting it will be fun! ~~~Suluuq

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations Rusty-Gunn, there is nothing like having a new gun to break-in! Enjoy, Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,123
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.