Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
According to an AP story, Kenya is capturing and transporting hundreds of zebra and wildebeasts to the Amboseli Wildlife Preserve, ostensibly to feed the lions for the tourists and to take the pressure of the native's cattle and goats. The populations of the animals has fallen from an all-time high of around 10K zebra and 8K wildebeasts in 2007 to a few hundred now. Kenya government blames a drought, and they may be right, but an all time high in 2007 suggests overgrazing to me.

Kenya wildlife management is an oxymoron...and a sad, ignorant story.

Editorial comments supplied by me, not AP.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
According to David Weston, former head of the KWS, Kenya has suffered the greatest, fastest and most dramatic loss of wildlife of any country in the history of the world since indepnedance and shutting down the hunting which turned many animals from assetts into liabilities.

I am told Ian Parker has a photo of Richard Leakey carrying a sign saying no sport hunting in Kenya so I sent him an e-mail hoping to get a copy to post on the net but he did not reply. He may be too old by now.

Kenya is the home of the cocktail party conservationist. They preach conservation, and have made more than 900 wildlife films, but they have conserved nothing and the producers of these preachy films, like Alan Root, fly around the country in sport helicopters while everyone else starves to death.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I was in Amboseli in 2008. It has a herd of around 3500 elephants in an area that should support around 350. Amboseli means place of dust and it is what the elephants have done to it. There is virtually no vegetation; it is now largely a desert with all the wildlife along the water course. They have a high fence around 10 or so acres to show the tourists what the area "used" to look like, which is thick with trees and other vegetation. It is truly a shame.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think the fly in the ointment in Kenya wildlife management is the IFAW (Internationa Fuhnd For Animal Welfare) who asks for money on CNN to save Kenya's wildlife. The organization was created by an Englishman named Brian Davies who was the orignal seal saver in eastern Canada.

A story in the Toronto Star by Brian Vallee many years ago exposed how Davies had shifted the helicopter owned by the IFAW into his own name, a legal no no. He then high tailed it to the USA before Canadian law enforcment people could question him and he was based there for years.

Recently some British papers reported that he sold his stake in the IFAW for at a least $1 million. It seems to be a kind of mail order animal saving franchise business. I have not seen the books of their Kenya Branch but I strongly suspect anti-hunting billionaire Robert Schad from Bolton, Ontario is in bed with them. He finances the IFAW in Canada and he also seems to be part of the Kenya cocktail party conservation set.

I believe Schad has done more damage to planet earth than any other living human being ever has because his injection moulding machines created much if not most of the plastic pollution of the earth's oceans that now exists.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Did a search and got a bingo.

In the www.IFAW.org/.../Annualreports/assets_upload_file61_5062.pdf.

I see where anti-hunter Robert Schad is listed on page 21 on the left side as a President Class donor along with the government of Red China.

That means he gives the IFAW between US$50 K and 99 K per year. This is the guy that closed the spring bear hut in Ontario.

What is the governmnet of Red China doing in the animal welfare field and what are they doing trying to stop sport hunting in Kenya? They eat cats and dogs and coilect bear bile in China!

This is for the year beginning July 1, 2003 and ending June 30, 2004.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About 10 years ago a young guide I met in Zimbobwe told me he had just returned from Kenya where he was employed as part of a team whose job it was to kill a lot of zebras for the hide market/reduce the population for ecological reasons.
Wildlife management my ass.
More like a moneymaker for government officials.

Life is life and fun is fun but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.
Bror Blixen
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Many years ago Ian parker wrote a book about the closure of hunting and conservation in Kenya and I am told he said (I did not read the book. I may be wrong here) that it was done to take the white hunters out of the field because they were interfering with the illegal ivory trade as practised by Margaret Kenyata, the daughter of Jo Kenyata, first president of Kenya.

If you know Africa this was a very brave thing for Parker to do because he lived in Kenya when he wrote it and he could easily have been killed. People have been killed for much less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"End of the Game" by Peter Beard pointed out the government mismanagement of elephants years ago. He describes how 60 Minutes refused to let him tell the story.

Find a failure, find a government.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here is a good little website because it has the IFAW books for several years. It can be reached at www.IFAW.org/IFAW_united_states/publications/annual_reports.php-cachel

In 2003/2004 Robert Schad gave them between 50K and 99K as did the dog and monkey eating nation called the People's Republic of China.

In 2005/2006 Schad gave them the same again as did the Disney Conservation Fund. The Disney organization is the most savage and brutal maker of faked wildife films that has ever existed. Punch in CBC televisons and then The Cruel Camera and Fifth Estate to see hard evidence for this.

I think that if you add the toxic plastic pollution of the seas created by bottles largely produced on Robert Schad's plastic injection moulding machines in Bolton Ontario to the utter destruction of Kenya's wildlife due to animal protectionist policies you will have in your grip a man who has personally done more to damage planet earth than any other living human being.

I think of him as planet earth's Doctor Death.

The other great and most catstrophic wildife conservation failure of all time is the huge wildlife conservation failure that is India since Independence.

When I have time I will see what I can find on the net about Schad's activties there.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here is a good little website because it has the IFAW books for several years. It can be reached at www.IFAW.org/IFAW_united_states/publications/annual_reports.php-cachel

In 2003/2004 Robert Schad gave them between 50K and 99K as did the dog and monkey eating nation called the People's Republic of China.

In 2005/2006 Schad gave them the same again as did the Disney Conservation Fund. The Disney organization is the most savage and brutal maker of faked wildife films that has ever existed. Punch in CBC televisons and then The Cruel Camera and Fifth Estate to see hard evidence for this.

I think that if you add the toxic plastic pollution of the seas created by bottles largely produced on Robert Schad's plastic injection moulding machines in Bolton Ontario to the utter destruction of Kenya's wildlife due to animal protectionist policies you will have in your grip a man who has personally done more to damage planet earth than any other living human being.

I think of him as planet earth's Doctor Death.

The other great and most catstrophic wildife conservation failure of all time is the huge wildlife conservation failure that is India since Independence.

When I have time I will see what I can find on the net about Schad's activties there.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I met a Kenya hunter named Barry Gaynor one day. He lives at Lake Naivasha in kenya. He told me he had shot 250 problem lions around the Masai Mara Game Reserve.

Another Kenya hunter has shot about 350 problem lions. That is 600 lions killed as vermin. There are likely others with similar stories. Each one of those 600 lions could have brought in from $20 to 60K in revenue as game animals in Kenya.

That is US$ 180 million Kenya lost in wildlief conservation revenue that could have been used for anti-poaching just because they turned a game animal called lion into a varmint called lion under the influence of antimal protectionist groups like the IFAW.

I think the animal rights movement and people like robert Schad have become the greatest conservation problem of our time. They keep recycling the same old failed formulas they have always used and tehy keep failing. Kenya is now largely a wasteland. there are a handful of very costly corporate showpiece game farms in place but otherwise the country is finished.

The endless repeating of a behavior in the hopes that the end results will be different the next time around is a sure sign of mental illness.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here is a good little link to Robert Schad www.drache.com/wewstern_std.pdf

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Didnt read the whole thread, but the title of the OP was the only time Ive seen those three words used together..

" Kenya Wildlife Management"

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Forgive me. It was a mistake. It won't happen again.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, AceBall, achlupsa, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,967
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.