Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
If you re-read my post you will see that I agree with Monashee.

Let me be clear. I find many of Jburner's posts disturbing.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canajin' I'm okay with.
Canuck, I am proud of.
Canuckastani??!! nope.......
BTW, otters do not hibernate, they run the rivers, creeks, and woods throughout their territory , often resting up in old beaver houses during the winter.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
If you re-read my post you will see that I agree with Monashee.

Let me be clear. I find many of Jburner's posts disturbing.

I miss read sorry Steve.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
No worries. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thank goodness. At first glance I thought the thread title read, "Where do udders go in the winter?"

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prolly Oscar Meyers Weiners is my guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jburner
Dear RS308Mx

These people are Canuckistanis and you can't expect too much.

Mr. jburner;
While I see that you have been a member here for some time, it would appear you are bent on making up for lost time as of late.

In any social setting where folks gather, for example around a campfire, an experienced ear is able to quickly differentiate between those of substance and those who are enamored with the sound of their own voice.

The difference here would be instead of clogging the pure night air with verbal effluence, some would choose to use up bandwidth as they create blisters on smoking fingertips.

I found the term you used for me and my countrymen, some of whom died so I could remain free, to be offensive and would prefer you found another way of addressing us.

Since you clearly added that you did not expect much from me, please be assured sir that is precisely what you will receive.

The only benefit I can determine is that you have removed any remaining doubt as to how you expect to be treated.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Excellent post Dwayne,I find Mr jburner to be somewhat of a troll and am making use of the ignore feature for the first time since I joined the Campfire.I believe he has a lot to say about Canada and Canadians but knows very little about either.I think he would be happier in the Political Forum at AR.Cheers,Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree. I would only contribute this to the original question, FWIW:

[Linked Image]

Translation: where ever they please.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Ooh I think jburner is just trying to arouse some good political debate and awearness check out steynonline or ezra levant or freecanuckistan via steynonline by googling.
The stuff on the canadian human rights commission makes any freedom loving Canadian's blood boil to the point of using a valid albeit miss placed term like canuckistanis back there.
I am with him in the sense I think it's time for us Canadians to wake up our liberties our democarcy is declining incuremently before our very eye's and no one seems the least bit interested. That in it self is frustrating. All good camp fires need some political debate so bring it on.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What are you guys,Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy? Monashee

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No Monashee nothing like that I'm just a concerened outdoorsmen that wants to bring my kids up in a free proud Cananda.

So where did those fick'in otters go anyway?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We see them all winter,you can see the slides in the snow they use to play on near open water.The whole river is ice free this year so theres nothing to hold them back.Last year I watched them catching whitefish and bringing them onto the ice to eat. Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 02/10/10.

J
Jburner Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Dear Steve Redgewell,

I assume that the uniform you wore for 21 year was the one with the vertical stripes on it? Were your living quarters padded? Did you get out early for good behavior?

Dear Monashee,

If the natural history of otters is too difficult a subject for you to wrap your head around its better for both of us if you put me on ignore.

As for those with freedom fighting ancestors. I likely have as many ancestors on the cenotaphs as you do but most of them got there because a letter came in the mail rather than because of any John Wayne instincts. My father's brother is there and his only interests were sports cars and girls.

Fot those who were able to maintain sufficient focus to discuss otters. Thanks!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All this squabling is reminding me of a beatiful French-Canadian girl I knew many years ago from Montreal. She was true charmer, particularly on the days she woke up Canadian. On the days she woke up French, she was hell on wheels...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sea otters remain in the sea eating clams, ooysters starfish,ect

river otters remain in rivers or near them.
Both love to play and eat

Canadians ,canucks live by the sea ,rivers and lakes.They also like to eat from the sea and rivers and lakes..
In the winter time they make their own open water to catch fish through..they also tackel bigand small game to subsist on..IN the far north country above 49th parallel.we semi hibernate in wooden shacks ,skin houses [tents],ice tents,[igloos]...sometimes we hunt with bows,arrows ,and spears.
we wear animal skins,furs, and burn wood for heat. grin grin grin grin

WECAN ALSO FIGHT LIKE HEII IF PROVOKED,
you are now better informed about CANUCKS

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Interesting info on otters. I'm from the UP of Michigan so I can relate with canucks. I just don't want your government or healthcare system. No offense. Doesn't a canuck sniper hold the record for farthest confirmed kill on an enemy. Nearing the 2 mile mark I believe over in afghanistan.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Norm, You might be interested to know that you can find otter skid trails in the far north miles from any typical waterway (see my post above), and that they seem to wander widely sometimes taking advantage of fishless beaver ponds where they apparently raid the lodges for red meat.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
brinky72,

Correct on the sniper.............using US ammo grin

we don't want your gov't either. Your president is.....well,no need to explain further. smile

Isn't Michigan's governor a b**ch originally from Ontario?

EDIT: After a quick check on Wikipedia, it appears Michigan's governor was born in Vancouver,BC.
It appears you DO have a Canadian government, at least in Michigan. laugh

J
Jburner Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
There is no shortage of otters in Canada but there is now a shortage of people trapping them and if no one traps them they will die of disease or starvation.

If it were legal to hunt otter in the winter when their skins are prime, in places like Ontario where they are not now legal to shoot, it would open up a whole new hunting sport venu for mid-winter just like lynx hunting would.

I suppose the way to get them would be to use dogs when they cross from lake to lake (the way they used to hunt them in Eangland), to bait them, or hunt along breathing places in the ice at places like rapids?

They have lovely pelts and would make as good full mount. Then there are fisher and marten and mink. If you could add about 7 more species to a winter sport hunting licence it would get more people into the bush.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 57 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,311
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.