-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember that woman (can't recall the name of course) in NY about 3 decades ago that yelled for help when she was attacked and NO one came? She died..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That's it... Thank you sir..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed Birdwatcher...

I'm sorry, did I miss the class where a couple black teenage girls sorting out a beef became "gangsters"?
Was it pretty savage? Yup, but two undisciplined, cretin teens does not make a "gang".

On the flip side, those pathetic excuses for men calling themselves "security" could have at least intervened by trying to get between the two. They literally moved out of the way at one point ...
"Oh, 'scuse me ma'am, didn't meant to get in the way of yer savage beating".

Jobs or not, that's a fu�{ed up display of where our society is going wrong.

But you can see in the previous comments here what's really at stake: Lawsuits.

The security company doesn't want responsibility/liability for one of their poorly trained employees getting hurt or hurting someone. And they won't take on the cost of proper training. So they have a non-confrontation policy that essentially negates their even existence. The transit authority doesn't want people to be able to sue them for getting injured by doing stupid things like stepping off the platform into oncoming buses, or *GASP* smoking on a bus, so they hire the "plastic police" to soak up some of that and shine their public image as being proactive.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not gangsters...
[Linked Image]

Gangster.
[Linked Image]

Not Gangster...
[Linked Image]

Gangsters.
[Linked Image]

Not Gangsters...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Aileinduinn; 02/11/10.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Birdwatcher,

Your experience base is seriously delinquent if you think "just kids" and girls to boot cannot be dangerous feral beasts.

The inner city "community" variant carried razors in their hair weaves, knives and guns in their clothes, and immitated the male gangstas to a T in gang behavior where I grew up in Detroit 50 xxxxing years ago!

God knows what they are like today after 3 or more generations of in-breeding a pure criminal class during a firestorm of drug-related crime and Hollywood glorification of the "gangsta" life.

They were, and are, animals. A disgrace to those Blacks who work hard for a living and raise their kids the right way. There are key differences that the race-hate talk here ignores and thereby disgraces Whites too -- moreso, if noone speaks out against it.

1B

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Oh, 'scuse me ma'am, didn't meant to get in the way of yer savage beating".

I'm a teacher in a big city public school, this sort of thing happens pretty regular.

..and oddly enough thats about exactly how its done most times grin

Note that the aggressor left the scene as soon as the one guard apparently notified her the good guys (Cops) were on the way.

Through long experience I already know I would put the victim behind me when she first approached, putting the aggressor in the position of having to assault ME before she could get to the girl.

Three guys there?? Shoulda been no problem, that perpetrator shoulda been headed off at the pass.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
But you can see in the previous comments here what's really at stake: Lawsuits.

The security company doesn't want responsibility/liability for one of their poorly trained employees getting hurt or hurting someone. And they won't take on the cost of proper training. So they have a non-confrontation policy that essentially negates their even existence. The transit authority doesn't want people to be able to sue them for getting injured by doing stupid things like stepping off the platform into oncoming buses, or *GASP* smoking on a bus, so they hire the "plastic police" to soak up some of that and shine their public image as being proactive.

That's it in a nutshell. Whenever there's an incident where somebody doesn't step up and do the what seems to be the sensible or righteous thing, there is almost always a legal concern behind it. In this case it is the contract with the security company and the rules the employees were required to follow.

I'm not defending the system, just pointing out how it works.

I agree that it's pretty pointless to hire "guards" who can do nothing more than call in a report.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You mean The Police didnt save her??????I thought thats what they were for????

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When I was growing up blacks were required to cross the road and walk on the opposite side of whites they met. if they coulden't they would have to stand aside while the whites passed by. if a black man touched a white girl he would be swinging from a tree the next morning period.
The town I lived in no blacks were allowed to get out of their vehicles they would be shot on the spot..

A family stopped at an abandoned house and the towns people set it on fire and shot anyone that run out.

There was a sign on the main road that said [bleep] don't let the sun set on your head in this town.

Yes I am from WV. but I am not prejudice and try to treat everyone equal. eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hubert
When I was growing up blacks were required to cross the road and walk on the opposite side of whites they met. if they coulden't they would have to stand aside while the whites passed by. if a black man touched a white girl he would be swinging from a tree the next morning period.
The town I lived in no blacks were allowed to get out of their vehicles they would be shot on the spot..

A family stopped at an abandoned house and the towns people set it on fire and shot anyone that run out.

There was a sign on the main road that said [bleep] don't let the sun set on your head in this town.

Yes I am from WV. but I am not prejudice and try to treat everyone equal. eek

Gosh, that sounds a lot like what would happen to a Caucasian today if they dared to venture into one of the "African-American" communities in any of our major cities.

Hmm.......how times have changed huh?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just saw this on TV. How about rounding up those three worthless bastids and put them in the ring, one at a time, with one big angry gang bangin' mofo. Than let's video tape it for all to watch. Could be cool.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
frown Inner city society at its best. Adults standing by while overgrown teens brutally assult others. Guards? could have protected victim by placing themselves between aggressor and victim. Victim needs to sue the transit system for false advertising. Security Guards?

Sad but now happens everyday all across this wonderful nation. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we have security at the mall where my lil biz is housed, when SHTF worthless at teats on a boar hog.

I've mellowed with age (well some) but over the years I've knocked one azzhole out, offered to do the same to two ne'er do wells that insulted one of my staff, at the same time, (good thing I was pizzed, in retrospect I'd have probably got stomped, they was pretty big ole boys), got freight deliveries stopped for a week after knocking an alarm off the wall with a claw hammer and then tellin the azzhole truck driver he was next and chasing him outa there, chased another delivery driver down the hall after he got smart when I politely explained "hey you, laying on the door alarm is not conducive to my biz" Then had to suffer through his big sister paying me a visit, of course threatening lawsuit.

they finally got rid of that door alarm, what a relief

I'm not very good at MYOB and even worse when it's MY biz.

but one of these days I'm gonna evolve and be either Cool Hand Luke, or Wes Harding, too early to tell, and I'm gettin OLD

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Typical [bleep]' [bleep] behavior. I've had four freinds shot to death by those burrhead SOB's and I just don't give a hoot if my post isn't PC.

That experience and mind set is probably the problem.

If you take action against a minority there are plenty of people and organizations that will make YOU the bad guy and your life hell.

They probably are used to seeing this all of the time.

Last edited by 30Gibbs; 02/11/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
In good ol' liberal, laid back, mellow, Seattle, Security Guards refuse to come to the aid of a young girl being butalized by a gang. Ain't liberalism wonderful?

http://www.breitbart.tv/caught-on-t...stand-by-as-teen-girl-brutally-attacked/

L.W.
These guys are paid minimum wage. Not enough to get in the middle of a fight.

I think that they were private security.................
No LE or self defense training, only a radio to report crime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PAUL_M

Remember that woman (can't recall the name of course) in NY about 3 decades ago that yelled for help when she was attacked and NO one came? She died..

Over 4 decades ago, mid sixties in NYC I think.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Pull your pants up.

2. Turn your hat around.

3. Stay in school.

4. Leave the gun at home.

5. Yes sir, no sir, please & thank you.

Basic values.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I certainly agree that the "Security" guards should have interceded but their contract language appears to be stated as "observe and report".

Federal properties are guarded by armed contract guards under supervision of the Federal Protection Service (FPS) and the armed contract guards� duties are very specific. Their jurisdiction is strictly limited to the Federal property and specifically the interior of the building. (Federal Courthouses are guarded by the US Marshal�s Service and are not bound by this. Also, FPS officers are sworn Federal LE�s also not bound by this, but there are less than 750-800 for over 9,000 Federal buildings.

- If there is a threat within the building they are contracted to guard, they can take action. If it occurs at a building just across the street, they call the cops.
- If they observe a violent act on the sidewalk of the Federal property, they may take action, so long as someone is available to take over their post (may take several minutes to get another guard).
- If a person runs into the building and yells that someone is being attacked in the street just off the sidewalk, they are to call the police and do nothing else.

In this Seattle case, these guys should have done something to break up the fight and protect the girl regardless of contract language. They could have at least separated the attacker and the victim and protected her.

This is what contracts get you.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by PAUL_M

Over 4 decades ago, mid sixties in NYC I think.

The attack took place on the inbound platform of the Kew Gardens (NY) Long Island Railroad station. My grandmother lived about 3 blocks from the station on Lefferts Blvd. and used it regularly. I went by the station several weeks after the attack (1964) and there were still some flowers there. Sad situation.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The security guards we have are under the "observe and report" orders as well. It is pretty much industry standard for unarmed (and sometimes armed) security contracts. They'd have gotten fired for physically involving themselves in the fight and would have been on thier own for any lawsuits or criminal charges.

It sucks but it's not the fault of the guards. They're told in training not to ever touch anybody.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 10 invisible), 4,136 guests, and 685 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,810
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.