Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
And also explain why being put on a no fly list is not a violation of their rights.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it really courage or ''taking a couragous'' stand to speak out against something when you are part of a protected class and a group of people who are generally feared for what they may or may not do when agitated (right or wrong to think).

If everyone's scared you will blow them up and gives you preference over it, how much ''courage'' does it take to complain?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by isaac
Courage??....LMAO.

Whatever you call it, you must admit that they seem to have a lot more of it than we do. We grumble to ourselves about the body scanners, but very few of us seem to be taking anything resembling a public stand against them; the ones who do, as far as I've seen, seem to be hair-on-fire radical libertarians.

PS....flying is not a right.

Go on. How do you figure?

Of course we complain about body scanners, long lines at airports and anything/everything associated with flying since 9/11....don't want the hassle, don't fly.

I miss Lee24.....a respectable troll.

All American

All the time
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
If memory serves General Westmoreland had a good plan for races America was at war with.Round up all the good ones and put them on ships. then bomb their countries flat,then sink the boats ..These people have no concept of a civilized war so [bleep] em all..

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by crowrifle
And also explain why being put on a no fly list is not a violation of their rights.

What rights are those?.. These people( muslims) are at war with USA, they should all be interned.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I read that in the paper this morning.. Aw, what a shame.. Well, then they can walk.. Or drive... Or stay in their own dang country..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand the overall debate from both sides. Singling out this particular, isolated issue and not involving myself with the global debate, I'll voice this comment.

The Muslims can kiss my ass. I impose a Fatwa against Muslims thinking they can fly US airlines with bombs in their shoes and underwear while trying to dictate how we detect the pathetic pieces of schit.If their law opines Muslims are now prohibited from being body scanned in airports, it's one law of theirs I totally support and I will personally contribute to the placement of body scans in all airports. In fact, I would be cool if Muslims were the only folks singled out for the body scans in airports.
I also impose another Fatwa against Muslims thinking we should give a schit about their laws.
You say my pitch is emotional rather than rational and I say yeah, you're right. Fuggem and the carpets and camels they rode in on!!

If they don't like it,tough...........If they resist, jail them and serve them three squares of "PORK"!

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Where does the Constitution or Bill of Rights guarantee your right to fly?

You have the whole concept of the Constitution backwards.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Now all we need is for the Pope in Rome to declare Ex Cathedra that passing through nude body scanners is a mortal sin against public modesty, forbidden to Catholics under pain of excommunication.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Hindsite - +1000 They don't like it [bleep] them! They can walk or take a boat to whatever [bleep] they're going back to! Courage my arse..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
�Screening images are automatically deleted, and the officer viewing the image will never see the passenger.�

[...]

Body scanner images are available at www.tsa.gov.

Anybody else see the disconnect here?

If the images are automatically deleted, then where did the images at www.tsa.gov come from?
Yep. They have to have a means of keeping the images.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't live in Barakistan.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
More interesting would be your explanation as to why you erroneously believe it is a right. Indulge me.....your spins provide for a enjoyable escape from reality.

I don't know: I'm not sure something so simple has enough meat to be interesting.

I have the right to fly simply because me flying does not violate anyone else's rights.

Of course, that assumes that I either have the wherewithal to procure and pilot my own airplane or to make a consensual contract with somebody else to procure and/or pilot one for me: I can't just flap my arms and fly, and I have no right to coercively conscript someone else's property or services. But I have the right to try to make that deal without interference from the State (again, because making such a deal doesn't violate anyone else's rights).

Do you have the right to go to a restaurant or a gun shop?

Same thing.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Now all we need is for the Pope in Rome to declare Ex Cathedra that passing through nude body scanners is a mortal sin against public modesty, forbidden to Catholics under pain of excommunication.

Yeah, but he won't, because he doesn't have the balls.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Then keep their rug heads off the airlines. No scanners - no air travel. There is no right to fly. Let 'em take the bus or a camel.

Of course there's a right to fly.

To be more specific, everyone has the right to conduct whatever consensual business transactions he likes with anyone he chooses. The Constitution pretends to give Congress the power to prohibit a very few well-specified business transactions, but it certainly doesn't give Congress any power, pretended or not, to tell airlines which fares they may carry and which they may not.

Therefore, it's flatly unconstitutional for the TSA to step between passengers and airlines the way it has.

If the airlines themselves chose to use all sorts of scanning equipment on their customers, that'd be a whole different story: it'd be part of the consensual business transaction. But the State has no authority to mandate it.
+1

PS These scanners are not actually meant for terrorists. Ultimately, they will be everywhere: train stations, government buildings, shopping malls, etc. They're putting them in airports merely to acclimate the masses to them. And the idea isn't so much security, as to strip the masses of their remaining vestiges of dignity.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
I read that in the paper this morning.. Aw, what a shame.. Well, then they can walk.. Or drive... Or stay in their own dang country..

SouthDakota!! dude thats Sturgis Country you can buy a Genuine USA. Harley with ur tax dollars. Not too many muslims at biker rallies.? go figur..

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Do you have the right to go to a restaurant or a gun shop?

Yes I do. I just don't have a right to fly there.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, but he won't, because he doesn't have the balls.

I think we would have to run him through the scanner to determine that... smile

John

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
PS Recently, a male movie star from India, after passing through one of these, was approached by two female security workers with a printout of his naked body from the scanner, and asked him to place his signature at the bottom. He was quite upset by it, and reported it to the press.

Actually, that turns out not to be the case. He was joking about it. He didn't say he was asked for autographs: he said he provided them voluntarily. Do a little Googling.

I think he was probably misunderstood simply because Indians don't generally joke, at least not in English, so some of the folks who heard it didn't recognize it as a joke. (Some of them, of course, may have recognized it as such, but used it anyway for its political value.)

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I don't live in Barakistan.

Barakistan has no Constitution. The Constitution is one of the main reasons the US went so wrong. Barakistan won't make that mistake again.

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.