Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have had a transaction gone bad and he will not respond to any of my emails or pm's. The transaction was in Sept. He finally shipped part of the deal in late Oct. He responded to me a few times in Nov but would still not make good on the deal. I have his address and supposed name but google and a people locator website did not turn up anything. I would sure appreciate any help as I have been very patient throughout this whole thing.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
where is he located, city and state ?

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It appears he is in Washington state from one of only three post in the last year.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
He is in Sammamish, Washington. At least that's where my money went.
Lee

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any help?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few details would help. What went bad? How much money?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Its not that big of a deal and not that much money. He posted an ad for Remington 700 bolts. I ordered and paid for 2 of the bolts. They were $100 dollars each. After much prodding and about 6 weeks, he shipped one of them to me. I reminded him that I had paid for 2 and he promptly came back with an apology and said he would ship the other one right away. Another 3-4 weeks and no bolt and no contact from him. I pm'd him again and after about 2 more weeks he said that he wanted to call me to make it right and what was my phone #. I gave it to him and never heard from him. That was in December. I have repeatedly tried to email and pm him with no response. I really don't want the bolt now as I don't need the one he didn't ship but would accept it or my money back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

I have tried handling this quietly and privately but have not had any luck. I have bought and sold lots of things on here and I hope everybody has always been pleased with my service. This is the only bad transaction I have had on here in 3 yrs of being a member.
Lee

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Talk with the local police. I did that regarding a purchase gone bad in Georgia....sent the police chief there a VERY polite request for help, followed by all e-mails. Within a week, I received the rifle I had paid for months earlier.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like he's still lurking around...

Bullet (Member #3921)
User
Registered On: 07/06/03 01:04 PM

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I saw that. He's been around just won't answer me. I'll try the police thing. I've got some LE buddies. Thanks
Lee

IC B3

X
X
You are not alone Ebby. I also have a problem with * Bullet *. I mailed $100.00 payment for a Rem. 700 LA " Standard " Bolt in Oct/09. He sent me a stripped Rem. 700 LA SS " Magnum " Bolt which is of no use to me. The last PM I received from him was on Dec.1/09 in which he stated that he was sorry and would correct the situation. I have not heard anything further from him despite several PMs that I sent him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's at the top of this page right now.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Mine was stripped down as well and I ordered a LA SS and a SA SS. I did get a pretty used, stripped LA standard. He had several posts and prior transactions so I was not afraid but guess I should have been. Send me a PM with your info and I'll let you know what the police tell me.
Lee

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lee,

"Bullet" is selling some powder on here right now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there is plenty of folks on this fourm,if he was a local near me i would pay this sob a vist on your behave! u can run and hide but...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure would be nice to have some sort of rating system underneath a persons user name.

Good guy list isn't much help, most people would look at someone that's been around almost 7 years and not think twice about sending them money. Not a good deal at all and it's to bad people have to be this way.

I've had a handful of transactions lately on here where I've shipped the part before getting paid and have also had other ship me things before they've received payment from me. It's nice to have that sort of trust and it only takes a few guys like this to ruin it.

Life is just one damned thing after another
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You should all file charges aganst him for "Mail Fraud". You will end up getting restitution and he will at least have a criminal record. If he already has one - maybe some jail time.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A very popular forum in Canada is canadiangunnutz.com, they have a tradder rating system that is just fantastic for this kind of situation, every sale or purchase can be updated by the seller or buyer for all to see for each user.
I feel for you, not much $, but something that always makes me cringe when I send my hard earned $$$ away. If he was in B.C. I would have "collected" for you.

Somewhere, there is a village missing its idiot!!!
Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the kind words and support guys. I too have shipped before getting payment and have had the same done for me. I have had many many deals on here and they all have gone well except for this one.

I noticed before I sent him money that he had been around for a while and did not seem to have any complaints.

That powder ad is from Oct, somebody just drug it back up. He has not posted on it since Oct.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Some kind of rating system would be good for situations like this, or a Watch out for..... thread made into a sticky like the Good Guy thread.
I made a trade with 'beprepared' last Nov, and didn't get all the stuff HE OFFERED to trade til Jan. And that was after several PM's with "Oops, I forgot" excuses. I didn't want to start a thread about it cause I finally got my stuff, but I sure would have rated him low or added his name to a Watch Out For him list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,789 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,834
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.