-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is me and my crew when we reload or go to the range. Note, only Tony in the center has glasses. We are very brave.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by crosshair; 02/15/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No, never at any stage. I've been reloading for 30 years and not so much as a popped primer. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have thick glasses. Does that count?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Loading Bench Items

Dang, you have as many dies as I do......

I thought I was the only die slut.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I've wore eyeglasses for the past 40+ years. So for the 35+ years I've been handloading, I've had glasses on the entire time, and for the last 15-20 years they were polycarbonate or safety glasses.

But I've never popped a primer with my Lee Auto Prime--I took one look at the RCBS set-up that came with my Jr kit, and figured there had to be something better. Consequently, my 38 year old RCBS press mounted primer is still a virgin.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i dont wear safety glasses, and i never have whilst reloading. i have been loading for about 8 years now. mostly for my 30-06, but now into .45 ACP and .357 mag and .38 special, and just starting on .300 win mag.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Prescription glasses, polycarbonate. If i don't wear them
i don't see too much. No side shields. Have had glasses
since i was 16 so i am used to wearing them. Have never had
anything go bang in all my reloading, but my buddy had
a tube of primers go on an industrial machine and that was
exciting. Burn mark on the concrete roof, shrapnel all over
the place. He was as blind as i am, and had his normal glasses on.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I wear them for some operations and not for others.I have not always done so,just getting older I guess.My safety glasses have a "bifocal" 1.5x magnifier built into the lower part of the lens. Lightman

lightman
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i always wear glasses when reloading, eben before I needed them, its called good practice..........i have never needed them nor have i needed a motorcycle helmet or a life boat or a seat belt and many others. just the way of doing business.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been reloading about 30 years, I've been wearing polycarbonate glasses W/O side shields about 20 of them. The last couple of years, I've been wearing my prescription safety glasses, I'm very far sighted,(trifocals are coming in very handy)it was for the reason you posted this question I was asking about the new auto primers w/safey shields on the fire recently.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
IC B3

rnr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't load a lot, but have done so for 35-ish years. Never wore any safety glasses. No problems thus far.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
G
gitano Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
OK...

Thanks to all of you that provided reasonable answers.

About 24 hours 'later', here's my tally.

"Yes I wear SAFETY glases" - 6
"Yes I wear glasses for all or some of the reloading operations, and they function as safety glasses" - 4
"No I don't wear safety glasses when reloading even though I do wear glasses as a result of needing them to see, and I didn't wear them before I needed them to see." - 23
Humorous - 9

That doesn't add up to the total number of posts because some of them were irrelevant.

The way I "see" this is:

Of the 33 people that reponded in the spirit in which the question was asked, 10 of them wear glasses overtly as a safety precaution in some or all of their reloading activities, and 23 don't or wouldn't if they didn't need them to see with.

10 divided by 33 is 0.303.... or 30.3%
23 divided by 33 is 0.6969... or 69.7%

Actually, while the overall sample size of 33 is pretty small, I'm a little surpised that as many as 30% of reloaders in this sample CHOOSE to use safety glasses in at least some of the operations of reloading.

Thanks again to those that responded in the spirit in which the question was asked.

Paul

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
No safety glasses for me. I wear eyeglasses that serve the same purpose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear prescription eye glasses. That's all.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
G
gitano Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
So, about 24 hours later (48 hours total) the numbers have only changed by 2. I'll let this run one more 24 hour period, and "stick a fork in it".

Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure where you put me... but I would wear safety glasses if my �reading� glasses did not function as Safety Glasses� I just silly that way

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
gitano Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I put you in the "I wear safety glasses for at least some operations of reloading", because you said:

"but I would wear safety glasses if my �reading� glasses did not function as Safety Glasses"

AND... That's certainly not "silly" to me, and I NEVER suggested that using safety devices IF YOU SO CHOSE, was silly.

Paul

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have four pairs of bifocal prescription glasses, they are all safety glasses. (If I buy safety glasses, the company pays a good share of the cost.) I wear them for reading and reloading as well as drilling, grinding, and other potentially hazardous duties.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jamie
The only time I wear safety glasses is when I'm deprimeing live primers.

How in the heck did you make that arrow float all over your post.

LOL
I about crapped. I thought I had just flushed $35 on this new cordless laser mouse.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.