Print Thread
Hop To
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ahmadinejad Warns World Against Further Sanctions!

Iranian president says Tehran will act against any new punitive measures and is still open to uranium swap deal.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki began the day with bluster, attacking the United States and Secretary of State Clinton for calling Tehran a "military dictatorship," and complaining about U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.

On Monday, France, Russia and the United States denied a statement by Iran's Atomic Energy Agency head Ali Akbar Salehi that the three Western powers had given Iran a new nuclear proposal.

But Foreign Minister Muttaki insisted Iran had indeed received a letter from France, Britain and Russia, and interpreted, according to his translation of the letter, that a new offer was being made.

Later, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sent out more conflicting signals as he fielded questions from journalists. "If anybody seeks to create problems for Iran," he said, "our response will not be like before." He said something will be done that will "make them regret" their move.

But after the rhetoric, the Iranian president indicated negotiations between Iran and the West over the U.N. draft nuclear deal have not ended and Tehran is still seeking to buy 20-percent-enriched uranium.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been visiting U.S. allies in the Middle East, including Qatar and Saudi Arabia, to seek stronger sanctions against Iran.

Analyst Ali Nourizadeh of the Center for Arab and Iranian Studies in London says he believes the Turkish foreign minister told Tehran to accept the nuclear deal.

"I think the Turkish foreign minister advised the Iranians to grab the opportunity based on what the Turks witnessed in Qatar, with Mrs. Clinton talking to Qataris and then to the Saudis. So, he advised the Iranians to accept the offer, because the day after tomorrow there will not be any offer and the sanctions will go ahead. Even as far as China is concerned, I think the Americans convinced the Saudis and Qataris to provide China with the energy they need in order to reduce their dependency on Iranian crude," Nourizadeh said.

Royal Canadian Military College Professor Hooshang Hassanyari believes Iran's leaders are trying to divert attention from the ongoing political crisis in the country.

"Under pressure, they say they agree with this, they are going to do it, and when the pressure is lessened, they simply refuse to do what they promised to do ... This double-language, having contradictory declarations on the nuclear issue, is purposely done by the Iranian leadership that way to drag their feet and distract the international community from a real problem in Iran, and that is the human-rights violations," Hassanyari said.

Iranian President Ahmadinejad continued to haggle over fine points in a press conference, insisting a nuclear exchange with the West must be "simultaneous," reiterating an Iranian position that caused the impasse over the deal, weeks ago.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say we laugh at him. I will.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've gotta' go change my shorts,....I'll get back to you on the fear this has inspired in my household.

Certainly mouthy, for a Target.

Reminds me of old MG,.....before they flew over his tent.

I'll tel ya' this though, BCB,....having that naggy old bag in his face is just provocative, failed "Statesmanship".

......makes ya' wanna' sympathize with the little doorknob.

....almost.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does it seem as if Iran is on the verge of civil war?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm working on "snow globes" with "Mach Mood I'm a dinner jacket" under a sheet of glass. When you shake it, nuclear winter floats around......

Need to make that snow fluorescent.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barry ain't got the balls to do anything but he has earned the ire of Russia. That might get his ass to glowing......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Iran goes nuclear it going to happen so what then? Ahamidenijab has made it quiet clear what he thinks of Israel and the West but what's he do? He attacks Israel, seems possible but at what cost to him? It's the leverage he's clearly after.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR
Does it seem as if Iran is on the verge of civil war?

I think it's a race now as to whether they have Civil War or Israel hits them with air strikes. Either one is imminent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will be a tense situation, Isreal will not permit a nuclear Iran, but what will Egypt do?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (06hunter59, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 222ND, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,647
Posts18,533,790
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.