Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He doesn't walk the walk! I saw an article about his primary residence that stated that his monthly utility bills for that house were $2800.

Talk about a freakin' "Carbon footprint"!

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I need to apologize to all the members of the forum. Many years ago my dad decided that he needed to get all of the scum off of our family fishing pond so the youngsters wouldn't get the slime and scum all over their rods and reels. We spent a long day cleaning up the pond and poured the scum out on a small field to dry and planned on adding some sheep manure and plowing it into the tomato patch. Unfortunately the next day there was a sorta befuddeled young man sitting in the dirt and the scum was nowhere to be seen. He told us his name was Al Gore. The lesson I learned the hard way was that I needed to be careful where I spread the slime and scum. -SORRY!

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muledeer
Geography has always been an interesting subject with Outsiders...my favorites being the couple who asked what the altitude of the seashore at Ketchikan was... crazy?

Dennis

Would that be at high tide or at low tide? confused

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Headlines: "No snow in Vancouver.They've had a 'uncommonly' warm January and very little snow. Forecast is for MORE warm weather." Hummmmmmmmmmmmm, but Al is fos, right. There is no global warming. NOT. I feel sorry for you 'uninformed, uneducated' individuals who have your heads in the sand. "-45 in Alaska" Wellllllllllllll, it's winter time guys. It's cold in Ohio too, and in parts of Florida. They call that winter. It is a season, not a climate. So much scientific evidence out there, it's overwhelming. Look at the melting glaciers, etc. Open your minds and eyes and look at the facts folks. 8 of the warmest year in history have occured in past 12 years. You make me laugh. Your are so funny. Sad too to be in the dark about global warming. I feel sorry for you guys. Wake up and do your homework class.................Does it snow in Vancouver in the winter time???? It used to............ Before man messed up the climate on this great Earth.
P.S. What if they gave an Olympics and nobody came? Because there wasn't any snow there in the winter. If it were cold enough, they could make it, but it's not. Will have to truck it in from south Florida.

Regards,
Al's friend.

Last edited by hunter01; 02/04/10.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hunter01
Headlines: "No snow in Vancouver.They've had a 'uncommonly' warm January and very little snow. Forecast is for MORE warm weather." Hummmmmmmmmmmmm, but Al is fos, right. There is no global warming. NOT. I feel sorry for you 'uninformed, uneducated' individuals who have your heads in the sand. "-45 in Alaska" Wellllllllllllll, it's winter time guys. It's cold in Ohio too, and in parts of Florida. They call that winter. It is a season, not a climate. So much scientific evidence out there, it's overwhelming. Look at the melting glaciers, etc. Open your minds and eyes and look at the facts folks. 8 of the warmest year in history have occured in past 12 years. You make me laugh. Your are so funny. Sad too to be in the dark about global warming. I feel sorry for you guys. Wake up and do your homework class.................Does it snow in Vancouver in the winter time???? It used to............ Before man messed up the climate on this great Earth.
P.S. What if they gave an Olympics and nobody came? Because there wasn't any snow there in the winter. If it were cold enough, they could make it, but it's not. Will have to truck it in from south Florida.

Regards,
Al's friend.

Hey Einstein,

Get a life and get outa' here. I love you twisted morons that call History 150 years. How long have we been keeping good records and you want to compare Global Warming, now called Climate Change, to such a small sample as 150 years or so against thousands of unrecorded years.

When you leave, go to Greenland and dig through all that snow and ice that isn't there and see what lays beneath and how long ago it was when that landscape was different than it is now. You make me laugh, you pitiful pile of waste. What you got in your head would make a great Superfund site, call you pal Al and he could get you some grant money to help clean up your mess!

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hunter01

Regards,
Al's friend.

Al's friend,

If you want to base your beliefs on discredited studies where the "scientists" admit to destoying and altering data, base their conclusions on an old magazine article, and clearly want to be sure that their conclusions agree with those providing the funding, feel free. Al Gore at least is a rich idiot. You are just an idiot.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I can't believe how warm it's been the last month here in SE AK. We need lots of snow.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Al is sitting around counting his money and snickering that there are so many people willing to swallow hook line and sinker what he says.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I remember when I was much younger the big scare was Global Cooling. The media convinced a lot of people that we were going into another ice age. It sold a lot of newpapers and filled time on the new programs. One thing I'm sure of is that I've lived through warm, mild winters and nasty, cold winters. That isn't going to change.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am equally as convinced that the Earth is warming as I am that it might be cooling. But what's the trend we're looking at...50 years, 500 years?

I do know that I can look at photos of known places which were taken in the past century or slightly more and see evidence which supports either view. Same deal with written documents which refer to specific weather details over the past 150 years. That leads me to believe that it's pretty difficult to know for sure. I know of no studies which start with a well documented set of baseline values taken from a given point. I am certain that the level of communication and the speed at which it happens now is much better than it's ever been. Could that possibly be an influencing factor? Nah, no sense in trying to find objectivity. Let's grab a bandwagon to ride. No fools aboard the popular rides, eh?

I do take the view that humans are actually pretty puny factors in the bigger picture, and that the Earth will still be balancing itself - a few of our misdeeds aside- when we are long gone. We have barely existed in time in comparison to dinosaurs and we had nothing to do with their disappearance I'm sure, yet the Earth still lives and supports life.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
OK I am getting old but I still remember years of warm winters and years of colder winters.Its supposed to be different,the sky is not falling.For all of those with kool-ade in your mouth.Spit it out you sound like idiots.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Look at the melting glaciers" You ever look at the other end of the glacier thats making ice faster than it's melting. I have. Oh wait you can't see that from OHIO. Let's do something closer to home. Jump in Lake Superior in July and tell me about global warming. The world works in bigger life cycles than a couple hundred years genius.

Last edited by brinky72; 02/10/10.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Has any here heard of the Club of Rome? I have a die'n log over on the camp fire right now it would seem so.

Talk of the mason's this Club of Rome's got'em beat lately!!!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 3sixbits
Looks like the fellows in Fairbanks with the ice sculpture of Al Gore blowing smoke had it right once again. Al Gore is such a lying SOB and is proud of it. But then he has always lied, it's just been going on for years. To bad he was never the President, he could have been before the newest lire and chief in office now.

Nope. That Fbks guy had it coming out the wrong end...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by doubletap
I remember when I was much younger the big scare was Global Cooling. The media convinced a lot of people that we were going into another ice age. It sold a lot of newpapers and filled time on the new programs. One thing I'm sure of is that I've lived through warm, mild winters and nasty, cold winters. That isn't going to change.

A friend of mine, a few years ago, was in the local (only) diner in Hope, here on the Kenai Peninsula, listening to several fellows arguing about the winter weather. After an hour or so, a quite fellow over in the corner commented, " Fellows, I've lived here for 35 years, and I can tell you this is the first "average" winter we've ever had!"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Observations from today in J-town.

46 F at the top of the ski hill.

50 F at the top of the aerial/tourist tram.

Grass is starting to grow.

Bulbs are popping up.

Alders are starting to bud.

Pretty sure it will get cold again, but it has been a weird one so far.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 35WhelenNut, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 2ndwind, 26 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,642
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.