Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
So while such a conspiracy may not have been carried out, it doesn't mean that it would have been impossible to do so.
Precisely.
Walking on water is not impossible either.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
So while such a conspiracy may not have been carried out, it doesn't mean that it would have been impossible to do so.
Precisely.
Twelve men once observed it happen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Precisely.

Personally, I think that is a bad choice of analogies for a believer to make.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Precisely.
Twelve men once observed it happen.

Not once, but twice and involving two individuals, the latter, admittedly, only partially successful, but successful nonetheless.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You guys must be talking about that Chris Angel illusion. More than 12 saw it though,I believe.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
You guys must be talking about that Chris Angel illusion. More than 12 saw it though,I believe.
Let him try it from a randomly selected location from a boat in the middle of a lake. Then I'll be impressed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by jorgeI

And I'm still waiting for a definition of a neocon from the isolationists crowd....

Easiest way for me to describe one would be -

Take a liberal, sprinkle in a dash of irrational fear and then add a desire to force our nation building efforts on the rest of the world and you're pretty close to the definition.
There you go.

Then stop calling me a NEOCON because it isn't even close to what I believe in. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Then stop calling me a NEOCON because it isn't even close to what I believe in. jorge
The key identifier is giving casual lip service to social, economic, and monetary, conservatism, so long as pursuing these in no way interferes with an aggressive foreign policy of pursuing worldwide military and political hegemony.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The key identifier is giving casual lip service to social, economic, and monetary, conservatism, so long as pursuing these in no way interferes with an aggressive foreign policy of pursuing worldwide military and political hegemony.

"lip service" Now there's a quantifiable measure of effectiveness. Your lst sentence continues to reaffirm your inability to discern the differences between the national interest and political-military hegemony for the sake of power. On more than one occassion I've expressed my opposition to nation-building, the Peace Corps and any other altruisitic endeavors that have nothing to do with geopolitics. As to the "war monger" issue it's beyond contempt. Implying that some of us like war for the hell of it or based on some tongue in cheek comments I've made regarding "glory" is ridiculous. Obviously I overestimated some folks' abilities to tell the difference. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"lip service" Now there's a quantifiable measure of effectiveness. Your lst sentence continues to reaffirm your inability to discern the differences between the national interest and political-military hegemony for the sake of power. On more than one occassion I've expressed my opposition to nation-building, the Peace Corps and any other altruisitic endeavors that have nothing to do with geopolitics. As to the "war monger" issue it's beyond contempt. Implying that some of us like war for the hell of it or based on some tongue in cheek comments I've made regarding "glory" is ridiculous. Obviously I overestimated some folks' abilities to tell the difference. jorge

Not to get off-topic or put you on the spot, but what possible opposition could anybody have to the Peace Corps? Honestly, I don't know much about it. I've always just thought it was a bunch of folks from this country who volunteered to go to Third World locations and try to help people better themselves. I'm being neither sarcastic nor flippant when I ask if there's something I should know about them?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's my take on the Peace Corps and it's negative effects I personally witnessed. You have people living in abject poverty out in the bush somewhere and I've never seen such happy people, at least in Africa. Enter the Peace Corps with well intentioned motives and they tell these people how much better they can be if they get involved in the political process (by US standards which ids naive to the extreme) then they come to the realization of how poor & wretched they really are. Enter the liberals and marxists expousing class envy, and how bad us "capitalists" are and bingo you have a communist revolution and the mayhem we had thoroughout the third world during the Cold War and proxy wars. The Peace Corps is a noble endeavor, but geopolitical realities far outweighed it's benefits--in my opinion, that's all. jorge

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jorge nation building or altruisitic endeavors in foreign lands is an alternative approach that the US chose not to take. The US has mostly backed dictators with a heavy hand while Corporate America reaped the spoils. In return the populace of those countries got nothing but pizzed.

The point is that neither way is isolationism but what might the world look like if we had taken the alternative approach. I don't know.

Do we need to change our approach? Can we change?
Is it too late?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
spoken like a trrue liberal democrat. You guys just hate those "evil corporations" don't you? unless of course the Unions own them and run them into the ground. We've been involved with this nation building stuff for a while now. Does Haiti, Iraq & afghanistan ring a bell? jorge

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's my take on the Peace Corps and it's negative effects I personally witnessed. You have people living in abject poverty out in the bush somewhere and I've never seen such happy people, at least in Africa. Enter the Peace Corps with well intentioned motives and they tell these people how much better they can be if they get involved in the political process (by US standards which ids naive to the extreme) then they come to the realization of how poor & wretched they really are. Enter the liberals and marxists expousing class envy, and how bad us "capitalists" are and bingo you have a communist revolution and the mayhem we had thoroughout the third world during the Cold War and proxy wars. The Peace Corps is a noble endeavor, but geopolitical realities far outweighed it's benefits--in my opinion, that's all. jorge

That's a point of view I've never heard about the Peace Corps. Thanks for your take on it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you bet. jorge

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Think ya got the Peace Corps mixed up with MAXUS Oil...one of those evil corporations. Same story line with bad results.

Trinkets & Beads
http://www.rethinkingschools.org/publication/rg/RGBeads.shtml

Last edited by SAcharlie; 02/17/10.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the Tea Party has any inteligence they will kick their ass to the curb so fast they will have bells ringing until next election.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My thought is that it's not so much a neocon, RINO, or whatever other label thing as it is a simple power trip. Those who are career politicians like their status and won't give it up easily. They are the type of leaders that run to the front of a group they see forming in order to by definition, lead it. If any of them see the Tea Party as the next big thing, they will be all out in front of it, just to feather their own nests. I see the same thing around here locally. Some nobodies have a good idea and work their asses off to implement it. Just about the time they get it pushed through, some Head Dickweasel runs to the front of their line and makes the last little push then takes complete credit for all of it. Most politicians aren't just career politicians, it's in their blood. It's how they were raised. Sometimes, it's generational. Lots of these [bleep] are worthless.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
This upcoming election between McCain and JD will define the future of the GOP for the next 10 years.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by isaac
This upcoming election between McCain and JD will define the future of the GOP for the next 10 years.

So who is gonna win?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 204guy, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,548
Posts18,531,436
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.