Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Wow! So you're acknowledging that you had a deal with Turk, then for convenience's sake (not having to ship) you took a local deal and screwed Turk around? So much for a mans word and your reputation for selling around here!

GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Yep I agree - He should not have accepted multiple deals and further more since I am part owner of the possessions in question he should have consulted with me first. I can understand his mistake of seeing multiple deals come along and liking one more than the other - he made a mistake to post the guns then made a further mistake to keep wheeling and dealing with multiples. Just a big mistake all around and another reason to only deal locally like we have in the past. I am not going to contimue to defend myself on here against the ludicrous remarks about my husbands balls and our credibility. I will just remove myself from this forum that i enjoyed recently but apparently cannot enjoy anymore. to those of you I have become friends with, you know how to get a hold of me. To the rest of you small minded folks, apparently my husband made a mistake and I have apologized profusely for that. He is not a techy with the computer by any means and apparently became overwhelmed with all the offers. I see he has made multiple mistakes and hopefully will learn a lesson from them. The broken gun title was actually from a 22 he bought through the main and it came with a split stock, he never chanegd the name of the pic when he took ones of the recent guns he posted. Like I said he is not a techy. BTW, we sucked up the cost of the new stock on the 22 and made no complaints. The gentlemen who sold it did offer to take it back but we declined, as this gun was for me and it was not that big of a deal. To all those married men out there, if you are part owner of anything with your spouse, please ask her first before you try to sell something, this does not mean she holds your balls in her purse or is a nasty person and whatever else the rest of you have said about me. There are plenty of people out there who would love to have a wife like me. I do take offense to those comments. And again i am doing what is best for my family, after all that is who I count on.

Nik

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well said, but on this thread, First I will take it is the standard rule. Most everyone abides by it. A gentlemans thread.
My word is worth a lot to me.

Jimbob
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by FVA
Perhaps the rifles were priced a couple hundred dollars low for whatever reason. Sounds like the original poster wanted fast cash.
A man's word should hold great value, to his wife as well. Looks like the same mistake being made with his word/honor that he made with the original post. He is putting too low of value on it.
I'd suggest telling the wife it was a mistake but I am going through with my written word and put a little more thought into future deals. Deal with it. A good women would respect him more.

No matter what is said here, the guns are not being sold to anyone now. Like I stated many times, they are my property and I NEVER agreed to a sell. End of story. Again- doing what's best for my family, not someone elses.

Nik

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Jimmy I love the keyboard commando comment. See unfortunately I don't have all the free time as some of you do to spend all day and night on this forum. Again I'm sorry. Please lets keep the internet bashing to my wife out of this. I'm not good with words, and I'm not going to play internet tough guy hiding behind a keyboard. I live in lewis run pa send me a private message and I will give you exact gps cordinates to my house if you want. We can settle this FTF anyway anyone wants. This will be my last post and the last time I look at this thread. I'll log back on here in a couple days to check pms, but won't be lookuing here at all.

Nothing like a fine shotgun and a good bird dog.
Franchi Veloce O/U, 7Rm and Orvis rod.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yipes!! I dont think you two will make it on the good guys/gals list! grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
so who is sleeping on the couch.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This is pretty simple. Another guy whose word is worthless.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
agreed with kend,apparantly he doesn't know s#%@ about business either and isn't very bright either,his wife defends him to the end by saying he is not "techy", well you don't need to be "techy" to know right from wrong,Got caught up in this transaction and now everyone knows NOT to deal with him or his wife.....LMAO over this whole post

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by heavywalker
so who is sleeping on the couch.

well it isn't going to be the one that wears the pants in the family grin cool

Yup, real stand up guy, lets his wife do the talkin for him, then chimes in at the very last after she puts an end to things.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by kend
This is pretty simple. Another guy whose word is worthless.

Agreed completely.

Folks like these ruin the internet classifieds for the rest of us.

But chin up Turk, I myself have been in your shoes several times as a buyer with the seller backing out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
panties in the glove box
panties in the glove box
lookin like a fool with dem panties in the glove box

smile grin

Last edited by GeoW; 02/19/10. Reason: smileys added :)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pa, you got a good girl there. She doesn't want you to sell off you rifles, and to boot she buys you the scope you wanted. She's a keeper.

Nikki, good on ya gal. Stand by your man. All of these guys wish they had a woman that would do the same for them.

If'in you two ever decide to sell again, PM me and we can skip all this drama. wink

TX, I'm sure you are disappointed but you gota love a woman like that, if she was yours. Its a FREE classifides, you get what you pay for. No money changed hands so the only thing hurt are feelings and a mans word.

Have a great weekend.

Windage & Elevation
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
This reads like Ethics 101 from the Obama School of Business.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a woman like that, divorce was final a month ago and I've never been happier.

laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MOVE ON!!!!! They guy/his wife changed their minds.It's their guns.
No money changed hands,if so it's up to the cops.
This is the internet not FTF market,take them at face VALUE.

Some value their word more than others....LET'S MOVE ON!!!!!

BBJ

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Lunarphase
Pa, you got a good girl there. She doesn't want you to sell off you rifles, and to boot she buys you the scope you wanted. She's a keeper.

Nikki, good on ya gal. Stand by your man. All of these guys wish they had a woman that would do the same for them.

If'in you two ever decide to sell again, PM me and we can skip all this drama. wink

TX, I'm sure you are disappointed but you gota love a woman like that, if she was yours. Its a FREE classifides, you get what you pay for. No money changed hands so the only thing hurt are feelings and a mans word.

Have a great weekend.

Lunar, Help me out here. Are you saying that as long as no money has changed hands that it's fine to not honor your word because that's what I hear you saying. Trust, honor and integrity are meaningless as long as no monetary harm is done? Man, some people are absolutely shamefull. When a man speaks it's supposed to mean something in my world. I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Kend,
Yes indeed, it is wrong. But the solution is to put both of them on ignore and move on.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's the general thinking here? Is Nikki a babe? Maybe she's the refrigerator girl!

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LMAO! My take is to let the whole situation go and move on. Was pretty good drama.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 470Evans, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.