Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nikki, this is nothing a few "pool" pics cant take care of the next time you want to sell something.

See Clay for instructions.

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
another person shaking the foundation these classified transactions are based on.

I had a woman like that in my like once...she even picked out my clothes and cut my food up for me...called her MOM.

and PA MT man, you keep showing your arse inviting folks to see you in person. Man up and do the right thing...of course if these were your wifes gun then she needs to be the one dishing out the whuppins on your sorry butt...

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Then after I had told someone else in my pm's the could have it, I went and saw his post in the thread claiming we had a deal. The original guy in the private message wasn't responding, so I then told turk we could make the deal.

I am not an attorney but have been a cop for 17 years. I can say I am pretty confident that he did not intend or actually commit a crime. No money exchanged and that may be well and good. I will say, if we had an attorney reviewing this thread there was a contract entered into for two rifles, looks like a couple contracts actually. I am guessing if push came to shove Nikki you don't actually
have a right to change your mind.

With that being said, I was in a very similar situation about a week ago. A fellow fire member and I hagled back and forth and settled on a price for a rifle. Sure as sh*t I got a local offer for the same rifle, more money and no shipping. A quick PM asking that member if they were in love with the rifle it would be on the way but there was also a local interested. Well he said he hadn't sent the money and after he thought about it a bit he would rather see me a make a couple extra bucks and said to sell it to the other fella.
The way I looked at it he owned the rifle and I needed his permission. Not positive what small claims/civil court would say, but that's the way I see it. There has been more than one lawsuit won in the court room off verbal contracts, let alone a written one on the internet in front of hundreds of people. My advice would be to stick to your word, you take that as slander or being flamed... but that is what it comes down to.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If I wanted to sell a $10,000 custom firearm for $2.00,my wife had better not put her nose any where close to the transaction I've conducted!Now,if she wants to discuss it between the two of us before the deal goes down,in private,that's fine.But for a woman to jump in the middle of a man's dealings and make a PEON out of him in front of the world is not saying very much for the..."MAN?"

Last edited by shameless; 02/19/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think we all agree what he did wasn't illegal.

but just because something is wrong, doesn't mean its illegal.
same way there are lots of things that are illegal, that aint necessarily wrong to lots of people.

a wise man once told me "just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD"

lessons learned all around, thats for sure.
I've had to use my ignore button more in the last month than the last 2 years

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think we should all be happy for him that his wife told him to keep the rifles and she bought him the scope. I am sure there are others besides myself here would like to hear thier wife tell them as such.........so lets be happy .......

i dont need a ultra mag, i know how to shoot my 30-06

having that obama sticker on your car might as well say " Yes i'm stupid "

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My point: The lady stuck her nose in a deal that had nothing to do with her.

If it was the lady. We have no way of knowing. My comment was to infer she should be doing something other than meddling.

Rude was to jump in instead of having a conversation with the spouse. If that indeed was the case. We don't know.

I have bought and sold thousands of dollars on gun forums, and these funny deals only pop up once in a while, thank goodness.

HM

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I thought these guns were sold localy im really getting lost here nikki going to tell storys at least get them right

Last edited by gemby58; 02/19/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by halfmile
My point:
I have bought and sold thousands of dollars on gun forums, and these funny deals only pop up once in a while, thank goodness.

HM

This was two kinds of funny! Funny "ha-ha" laugh and funny weird sick

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I guess a PA man's word is only as good as his wife says it is.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pduryee
OUCH!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crow_sniper
OUCH!!

Some times the TRUTH hurts grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know I have posted a gun for sale, unsure on how much money I should ask for.

Had five guys say they wanted it in about 5 seconds, which means I probably posted at too low of a price.

I sold it to the first "I'll take it" and chalked it up to experience.

Not long ago a guy posted a rifle in the single-shot forumns and after I told him I would take it, decided he had a local buyer. I'm sure it was "seller remorse", or greed.

Some people's word ain't worth much.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
ttt

Last edited by gemby58; 02/19/10.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gemby58
Hey Nikki you so fine your so fine you blow my mind hey nikki hey nikki

Thats some funny chit!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How can he sell somthing that belongs to some one other then himself? he should had never posted.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

LMAO! Really, I think I just shat myself!

Yup, I did

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Pa_MT_man
Guys be patient I got two pages worth of guys private messaging me and I'm not that fast of a typer.

Its funny, but there were 5 PM's sent before this one:

"I will take both rifles with scopes shipped insured to Texas for $500.

PM me with your payment info.

Thanks,

Richard"

He said plain as day that he needed to check all his pm's, this would probably be to figure out who spoke first? There were 5 before yours Richard, what made you think you bought these rifles? So what that he listed on a different site? That gave him more options to sell, maybe he had no idea these were gonna sell that fast? The stevens models are cheap?? $269 new with Scope at Dunhams? This was not that good of deal after shipping and FFL charges, it was OK. I watched this post from the time it was posted and seen the bashing coming on the 5th post. Some things are not as they seem, you have no idea the number of posts he had, or who he was dealing with before you posted.
My $.02 toward this $500 bargain.

Ok another $.02, just because it was local didn't mean it wasn't from a this classified site or another?

Last edited by witdog2020; 02/20/10.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Why does he have to be a fast typer, the first I take it gets it, the rest all he needs to do is put sorry guys sold pending funds in the thread

Last edited by gemby58; 02/20/10.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
He may have had 5 pm's saying "I'll take it" or more? Just an observation, it was nothing about his typing.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,854
Posts18,517,634
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.